Beating up Norway real good

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
I'm not impressed by that win at all....it was Germany....."don't mention the war".....Basil Faulty.

Luongo....Broduer...Fleury....hell, they could have put a holographic image of Carey Price in net and still could have won that game.

They win today, I may, just may give them some ounce of credit, but until then....I don't believe.

I believe!

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
I'm not impressed by that win at all....it was Germany....."don't mention the war".....Basil Faulty.

Luongo....Broduer...Fleury....hell, they could have put a holographic image of Carey Price in net and still could have won that game.

They win today, I may, just may give them some ounce of credit, but until then....I don't believe.

I wasn't impressed with Russia, slovakia tomorrow will be
better.
Doesn't matter what we believe, won't change outcome of
anything, they will do what they do, and it isn't awful
to believe they will win, and they don't, not the end of
the world.

wulfie68

Council Member
Mar 29, 2009
Calgary, AB
I wasn't all that impressed with the effort the Russians put out either, but our guys were dominant. They were skating and hitting all night long. Shea Weber should get the Order of Canada for the way he handled Ovelchicken.

Slovakia is a should win for Canada. Our guys are more talented across the board and they seem to be putting the pieces together. The big thing is not to take the Slovaks for granted and look past them. I think Team USA has a tougher chore in solving the goaltending of the Finns than Canada does.

So if it IS a Canada vs USA gold medal, I wonder who is considered the under dog now? :p Canada was the pre-Olympic favorite but with Team USA winning the round robin game...

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
I wasn't all that impressed with the effort the Russians put out either, but our guys were dominant. They were skating and hitting all night long. Shea Weber should get the Order of Canada for the way he handled Ovelchicken.

Slovakia is a should win for Canada. Our guys are more talented across the board and they seem to be putting the pieces together. The big thing is not to take the Slovaks for granted and look past them. I think Team USA has a tougher chore in solving the goaltending of the Finns than Canada does.

So if it IS a Canada vs USA gold medal, I wonder who is considered the under dog now? :p Canada was the pre-Olympic favorite but with Team USA winning the round robin game...

lots of good players on that finnish team, with kiprisoff
in net, I will be watching that game with great interest,
nothing sure there for the u.s., they had a hard time
beating the swiss, twice.

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
I was expecting a nail biting game , boy did i fall on my ass on that game . I didn't understand that the Gold was still possible before the loss to the US...

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
I was expecting a nail biting game , boy did i fall on my ass on that game . I didn't understand that the Gold was still possible before the loss to the US...

no it wasn't nailbiting, but the pride in our canadian team
for the domination over the russians in that game, including
coaching, is just as good.

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
no it wasn't nailbiting, but the pride in our canadian team
for the domination over the russians in that game, including
coaching, is just as good.
Womans hockey is going well too right now .
2-0 with 2 min left in the period.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
Kudos to Canada for that stirling win!

Needless to say, I was disappointed that our girls couldn't get the job done. But it wasn't that they didn't try - it was because your goalie was awesome. Yanks took many great shots.

As the TV announcers said, too bad it wasn't a 4 out of 7 series!

It is great that the officials are allowing much more contact in the sport. It makes for a far better game.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
After the early USA win over Canada in men's hockey, this girl put up a sign in reply:

Gotta admit - she's got a point, there.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Kudos to Canada for that stirling win!

Needless to say, I was disappointed that our girls couldn't get the job done. But it wasn't that they didn't try - it was because your goalie was awesome. Yanks took many great shots.

As the TV announcers said, too bad it wasn't a 4 out of 7 series!

It is great that the officials are allowing much more contact in the sport. It makes for a far better game.

I didn't get a chance to see it. I figured it would be a coin toss. The two countries are quite far ahead from the rest of the pack.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Congratulations to women's team canada, a very strong team,
and they proved it once again.
The woman who scored both the goals, is called the Wayne
Gretzky of women's hockey.