BC government shuts down the Nelson compassion club

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
I am sorry to say that it's my sad duty to inform you all that the Nelson Cannabis Compassion Club is Closing. Wednesday, September 18th we were paid a visit by the Community Safety Unit. The BCNDP created this enforcement unit to protect corporate profits over medical cannabis users constitutional rights. They have to shut us down because the corporations can't compete with our prices, quality, and range of products. The BCNDP have given this Government Enforcement Squad unconstitutional powers to enter, search, and seize product without a warrant. They also have been given the power to fine us 2x the value of the product seized. This could cost my board of directors their homes. The way Non-Profit Organizations are structured the board of directors are financially responsible for any debts or fines incurred by the NCCC. For the last 20 years I have been more than willing to gamble my personal freedom and go to prison for up to 14 years, but I can't gamble that my Directors will lose their houses.
Just another example of Government doing things to the people, instead of for the people. This strategy will not send people into their stores to buy their poor quality product for up to 3 times the price of the black market. It will send them back to the bus stop and back alleys. Feel free to contact our local MLA Michelle Mungall and politely let her know what you think about her and the BCNDP's unconstitutional legislation that is forcing us to close our club and is violating our 1000 members Constitutional Rights. Politicians don't care about the people or their Charter Rights and Freedoms, they do care about votes
I would like to take this opportunity to thank the people of Nelson for their support over the last 20 years. I am truly humbled by the overwhelming support that you have given me and my Members. I would also like to apologize to my Members for having to close.
Philip McMillan, NCCC Facilities Director

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Canada is making a mess out of legal weed
Not exactly, the people pretending to run things in Canada are making a mess out of it.
;)
Canada had a weed system that worked well most of the time since pretty much the late 50s. Seems to still work today.