B.C. drought by the numbers: Vancouver, Victoria saw less than 10% of average rainfall since July

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
You are the one who came looking for a fight. All i said was it's a good idea to prepare for extreme weather seeing as that's a thing now. You've tried everything under the sun to try to suggest there is no such thing as extreme weather, which is a completely rediculous and indefensible position. Culminating in being dishonest about 'news reports' you've heard.

Don't blame me if you picked a fight and it didn't turn out the way you wanted.
F U you have been picking fights with every one since you got here . You are so self absorbed you don’t even remember what you posted previously and who you are answering . Shit just yesterday you were biting Ron’s head off for mentioning that extreme could be losing it’s impact . Name one regular poster that hasn’t been disparaged as ignorant by you . Probably why you have no life except the internet 24/7 .

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
I pick fights with those who pick fights with me or who make really bad arguments. Don't blame me for looking like a moron because you chose to pick a fight over a position which you couldn't possibly defend.

I agree with ron all the time. I've responded to Ron about 1000 times and almost always in complete agreement. Hell, i agree with you pretty frequenly. But if you or he say something that has no logic or sense expect to be called on it. He made a bullshit statement and got called on it when he tried to defend it. You do that more frequently than he does. Usually he's pretty on the ball.

Sorry your ego gets bruised, but that's the way it goes. Next time don't pick a fight over something you can't defend logically. Of COURSE there's such a thing as extreme weather and of COURSE we've been seeing more of it. That's not debateable, that's just fact. So when you try to make that your point of contention of COURSE you're going to have a tough time of it.

Now you're trying to somehow make it my fault that you couldn't make your argument because I'm a meanie who's been bullying you. Grow up. If you reasoning is sound then i can't touch you, and wouldn't try anyway - if you're reasoning is sound i'd likely agree.

I started a thread that was simply a comment that given the extreme weather we've seen it would be wise to make simple preperations and you choose to argue that by saying there are no such thing and anyway we only suffer bad results because we don't prepare. What did you THINK this was going to turn out like?

Smarten up and pick your fights better. Don't cry to me about how mean i am to you when you don't.

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton

So here's the thing. We can argue why weather is changing, but i think it's time to get serious about accepting that it is and doing the rational thing.

The rational thing is NOT stupid idiotic virtue signalling like carbon taxes that change nothing. Obviously there's NOTHING canada is going to do to make any real change at all.

So we need to get serious about adapting to changing weather patterns. In bc that might mean looking at increasing reservoir capacity and seriously upping the fire fighting teams and efforts to prevent fires from going out of control (clearing dead wood and debris) not to mention improving dikes and such, and in the atlantic it may mean seriously revisiting storm breaks and surge barriers and response ability etc.

If we accept that climate change is real, then we have to accept that adapting to it is far more productive than simply pretending we can fix it in 20 years if we just charge more tax on gas. Time to get real
The thing is that climate has always changed & continues to change & we have always adapted. We will continue to adapt & make changes as required without govt compelling us to do so. As technology improves, so will our lives as long as the frckn government stays out of our way. We get the solutions eventually (as long as we have a good education system that actually teaches our kids what they need to learn). Obviously CRT does nothing for the kids, our society generally or the economy. How does one "eat" an ideology?

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
I pick fights with those who pick fights with me or who make really bad arguments. Don't blame me for looking like a moron because you chose to pick a fight over a position which you couldn't possibly defend.

I agree with ron all the time. I've responded to Ron about 1000 times and almost always in complete agreement. Hell, i agree with you pretty frequenly. But if you or he say something that has no logic or sense expect to be called on it. He made a bullshit statement and got called on it when he tried to defend it. You do that more frequently than he does. Usually he's pretty on the ball.

Sorry your ego gets bruised, but that's the way it goes. Next time don't pick a fight over something you can't defend logically. Of COURSE there's such a thing as extreme weather and of COURSE we've been seeing more of it. That's not debateable, that's just fact. So when you try to make that your point of contention of COURSE you're going to have a tough time of it.

Now you're trying to somehow make it my fault that you couldn't make your argument because I'm a meanie who's been bullying you. Grow up. If you reasoning is sound then i can't touch you, and wouldn't try anyway - if you're reasoning is sound i'd likely agree.

I started a thread that was simply a comment that given the extreme weather we've seen it would be wise to make simple preperations and you choose to argue that by saying there are no such thing and anyway we only suffer bad results because we don't prepare. What did you THINK this was going to turn out like?

Smarten up and pick your fights better. Don't cry to me about how mean i am to you when you don't.
F U and your big head . You call me a liar that is all you deserve . And I give two shits about your bullying I just chalk it up to your inferiority complex . And you have very poor comprehension issues , of course why would one pay attention to others when they know everything .

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
The thing is that climate has always changed & continues to change & we have always adapted. We will continue to adapt & make changes as required without govt compelling us to do so. As technology improves, so will our lives as long as the frckn government stays out of our way. We get the solutions eventually (as long as we have a good education system that actually teaches our kids what they need to learn). Obviously CRT does nothing for the kids, our society generally or the economy. How does one "eat" an ideology?
Hey food comes from the supermarket and electricity from a plug in the wall . What more does one need to know .

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
Are you a lesbian Liberal? Do you truly believe there is a diall the GoC can adjust the global temperature to set the 30 year average temperature through taxation? Why didn't humans adapt to the smoking hot era of the 1930s and 1940s when it was without arguments "hot" day AND night? Why does 1936 and 1937 still to this day hold record daytime AND NIGHT TIME heat records? Why were these temperatures GLOBAL and not just localized to western North America like the "pineapple heat dome river express"? Was it C02 at less than 350ppm which allegedly has skyrocketed? Why are nights cooler, why arent there anywhere near the "extremes" human experienced in the 30s and 40s? Why did climate plummet from the 50s to 70s? Was CO2 higher in the 30s and 40s than the 70s which in comparison were setting record cold? Why are current global temps declining while polar ice caps are growing with CO2 at all time highs? Why has forest "burn acreage" dropped by 85+%?

Is it CO2 and slow adaptation cooling the planet?

I'm prepared with numbers to quash the "increase in weather event severity and frequency" narrative.

If you think humans should adapt", what is it we should adapt to? Media hype?
Humans are always adapting. It's in our DNA!

Reactions: petros

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
The thing is that climate has always changed & continues to change & we have always adapted.
True. Noah comes to mind as an extreme example for those who are biblical oriented :) But for sure we've always adapted to our climate whether IT changed or WE moved to an area that was different.

We will continue to adapt & make changes as required without govt compelling us to do so.
One would hope, but in this case i'm a little more interested in 'We' compelling the Gov't, who seems to be lagging a bit.
As technology improves, so will our lives as long as the frckn government stays out of our way.
LOL - i've just spotted the problem :) But sure, people tend to innovate if given a chance.

But the gov't does control a number of things. People can't dredge the water reservoir or create new ones. People don't control building codes, and developers may not be thinking about things like heat. Super simple and cheap for them to put plumbed lines in when they're building, but almost impossible to do AFTER the fact for the first 5 years, so little things like making that code go a long way and don't create any barriers for developers.

And beefing up drainage and dykes might not hurt :)

We get the solutions eventually (as long as we have a good education system that actually teaches our kids what they need to learn)
I've spotted a second problem. :ROFLMAO:

All i'm saying is that here specifically (and other places im' sure) we're seeing bad results which could be massively mitigated by a little work from the gov't. It would be wise to do that. Sure - i would also encourage people to be smart themselves and have access to water, food, cool space, and to make provisions against flooding or long power outages. And many do (a stunning number dont' but what can you do. They don't really teach it in school)

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
Hey food comes from the supermarket and electricity from a plug in the wall . What more does one need to know .
Reminds me of that joke from gilligan's island where the howells (being rich) say "of course i know where my food comes from, i've seen it in it's natural habitat! The supermarket!"

• Haha
Reactions: Dixie Cup

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
True. Noah comes to mind as an extreme example for those who are biblical oriented :) But for sure we've always adapted to our climate whether IT changed or WE moved to an area that was different.

One would hope, but in this case i'm a little more interested in 'We' compelling the Gov't, who seems to be lagging a bit.

LOL - i've just spotted the problem :) But sure, people tend to innovate if given a chance.

But the gov't does control a number of things. People can't dredge the water reservoir or create new ones. People don't control building codes, and developers may not be thinking about things like heat. Super simple and cheap for them to put plumbed lines in when they're building, but almost impossible to do AFTER the fact for the first 5 years, so little things like making that code go a long way and don't create any barriers for developers.

And beefing up drainage and dykes might not hurt :)

I've spotted a second problem. :ROFLMAO:

All i'm saying is that here specifically (and other places im' sure) we're seeing bad results which could be massively mitigated by a little work from the gov't. It would be wise to do that. Sure - i would also encourage people to be smart themselves and have access to water, food, cool space, and to make provisions against flooding or long power outages. And many do (a stunning number dont' but what can you do. They don't really teach it in school)
Of course governments are responsible for things. I was specifically referring to the things government need not control cuz it's our responsibility. I don't want government to tell me what to do, say or go. There will always be exceptions (like evacuating due to flooding).

Reactions: The_Foxer

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
F U and your big head . You call me a liar that is all you deserve . And I give two shits about your bullying I just chalk it up to your inferiority complex . And you have very poor comprehension issues , of course why would one pay attention to others when they know everything .
You're doing an aweful lot of whining for someone who 'doesn't care' :ROFLMAO: :LOL:😇

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
Of course governments are responsible for things. I was specifically referring to the things government need not control cuz it's our responsibility. I don't want government to tell me what to do, say or go. There will always be exceptions (like evacuating due to flooding).
Sure. And I would agree 100 percent that the gov't shouldn't be legislating that kind of thing on the average citizen. People should have the brains to make sure they are prepared themselves (although the flip side of that is no bailing them out when it don't - i shouldn't have to pay after the fact for their lack of responsibility).

But we can still talk about what a person might be wise to do right? :)

Reactions: Dixie Cup

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Bullshit. That's just an excuse. Everyone understands what extreme means, and you're just trying to excuse bad behavior.
People died last year due to extreme weather. A couple of billion dollars in damages from extreme flooding. Thousands lost their livelyhoods, thousands of animals were drowned.

Not to mention

Shame on you Ron. I scincerely hope you don't have to suffer the death of loved ones from being baked to death or lose everything you have to a flood, i suspect if you do you'll find the humour level isn't actually as high as you seem to think it is, and that the suffering is very real, rather than just 'marketing'. And the word 'extreme' is correctly used.
1936-1937 was extremely extreme. It was global not a localized event. The vast majority heat and cold records were set in those years that still stand today.