April Fools!! Here's your Carbon Tax F#ckers!!!

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
I had to dig out the 2500 this morning, as I needed the 4 x 4 feature to get a trailer parked that a driver couldn’t get parked in our yard…. And after getting stuck four freaking times where I had to unhitch the trailer to get the truck unstuck four times, I left the trailer right in the middle of the road Isle….. and contacted the Yarding Company and told them they can dig out their Bobcat and call me when they’re done.

We got some snow overnight
Chains .

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
This was a truck up for sale so it didn’t even have a snowbrush in it. I dug myself out (4 times) with a 2’ long chunk of 2x4.
1646449047343.jpeg
This above was what was left for me. It’s a 35’ trailer that needed to be tucked in a 40’ stall.
1646449266075.jpeg
…but the road is ice below the snow and the driver left it there last night, then we got half a foot or more of snow that blew an overnight into drifts.
1646449383063.jpeg
So I weaselled into place, & put it into 4low, and though it was tight, I figured I could rock it a bit and slip it over and in beside the one ton.
1646449506608.jpeg
The flat spots in the snow above are the crossmembers from the bottom of the truck. I would sink and unhook to get stuck and re-hook somewhere else and repeat and repeat and repeat…. And then I said screw it.
1646449611934.jpeg
By this point I was soaked almost to Mid-thigh, and was a bit frustrated with my digging board…So I went to grab a Skid Steer but all locked up & nobody around.
1646449758499.jpeg
Enough fun and games & I had real work waiting for me so I walked away. I’ll roll back tomorrow after the skid steer has been through.
1646449991093.jpeg
Ironically, the 30yr old 2WD Little Dakota power-pig motored through everything and never got stuck today, but was the wrong tool to fight with that trailer.
1646450553376.jpeg
I knew from the first look out the window this morning it was going to be a gong show, as it was clean to the pavement sidewalk when I went to bed last night.

Last edited:

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
This was a truck up for sale so it didn’t even have a snowbrush in it. I dug myself out (4 times) with a 2’ long chunk of 2x4.
View attachment 12477
This above was what was left for me. It’s a 35’ trailer that needed to be tucked in a 40’ stall.
View attachment 12478
…but the road is ice below the snow and the driver left it there last night, then we got half a foot or more of snow that blew an overnight into drifts.
View attachment 12479
So I weaselled into place, & put it into 4low, and though it was tight, I figured I could rock it a bit and slip it over and in beside the one ton.
View attachment 12480
The flat spots in the snow above are the crossmembers from the bottom of the truck. I would sink and unhook to get stuck and re-hook somewhere else and repeat and repeat and repeat…. And then I said screw it.
View attachment 12481
By this point I was soaked almost to Mid-thigh, and was a bit frustrated with my digging board…So I went to grab a Skid Steer but all locked up & nobody around.
View attachment 12482
Enough fun and games & I had real work waiting for me so I walked away. I’ll roll back tomorrow after the skid steer has been through.
View attachment 12483
Ironically, the 30yr old 2WD Little Dakota power-pig motored through everything and never got stuck today, but was the wrong tool to fight with that trailer.
View attachment 12484
I knew from the first look out the window this morning it was going to be a gong show, as it was clean to the pavement sidewalk when I went to bed last night.
Thanks for reminding me why I live on the wacky wet coast .

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
I never had to deal with what Ron is .
Unfortunately I base all 4x4’s mentally against the 844K2 that I ran for years in their abilities (which I ran for years) so I’m usually disappointed. Sure wish I had one yesterday. Would’a made short work of parking that trailer, & I could have cleaned out every road in that yard in my spare time faster than digging out that truck repeatedly.
1646489452284.jpeg

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Bet you had a lot of dates in THAT monster!
Once you’re competent with it, it’s a definite feeling of empowerment. You just have to be gentle so you don’t break anything around you. You would run your 12 hour shift in it and then tag out to the next guy, and 12 hours later you a tag back in. They are definite workhorse, with a fuel tank on it the size of a small phone booth.

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan

The price of everything is rising. Canadians are feeling the pressure. For low-income Canadians, things are getting more difficult than ever. Food bank usage, to offer just one example, is sadly on the rise.

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau is scandalously planning to making this worse.

There are a number of macroeconomic factors at play that are pushing prices higher. The response to the pandemic has sent the economy into haywire. Then there’s Russia’s war on Ukraine.

But there are also domestic causes. Trudeau’s approach to budgeting and fiscal policy has further fueled inflation. Then, most directly, his green agenda is pushing up the cost of everything.

On April 1 (April Fools Day, yeah, I know), the federal carbon tax will be ratcheted up once again. Next week, the tax will go from $30 per tonne to $40 per tonne.

The Liberal government recently reiterated that they’re committed to bringing in this tax increase no matter what. They’re also still planning to introduce a second, overlapping carbon tax known as the Clean Fuel Standard (A government analysis said poorer families will be hit hardest as fuel suppliers pass on their increased costs).

This will come in as several Canadian Provinces try to insulate their individual populations against these increasing prices, which just takes more money away from provinces to the federal level to be spent on boondoggles & magic beans to keep the NDP/Liberal coalition intact for the next 1000 days.

It makes no rational or economic sense other than to say that they’re so blinded by ideology that they’re not bothered about the harms these measures will cause.

The Parliamentary Budget Officer confirmed only earlier this week that the carbon tax is no longer revenue neutral for the majority of Canadians, which violates a key promised made by Trudeau.

Income tax rebates were supposedly to make Canadians whole for what they shelled out in terms of a carbon tax. But now the whole thing has become a house of cards — so big and complex that it’s falling apart and damaging Canadians’ livelihoods in the process.

At any point, Trudeau can still choose to have a heart and reverse these poor policy decisions. He needs to do the right thing and put regular Canadians first.

While we’d prefer the whole carbon tax be axed, the very least Trudeau ought to do is commit to pausing the increase and the introduction of the second tax.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.

The price of everything is rising. Canadians are feeling the pressure. For low-income Canadians, things are getting more difficult than ever. Food bank usage, to offer just one example, is sadly on the rise.

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau is scandalously planning to making this worse.

There are a number of macroeconomic factors at play that are pushing prices higher. The response to the pandemic has sent the economy into haywire. Then there’s Russia’s war on Ukraine.

But there are also domestic causes. Trudeau’s approach to budgeting and fiscal policy has further fueled inflation. Then, most directly, his green agenda is pushing up the cost of everything.

On April 1 (April Fools Day, yeah, I know), the federal carbon tax will be ratcheted up once again. Next week, the tax will go from $30 per tonne to $40 per tonne.

The Liberal government recently reiterated that they’re committed to bringing in this tax increase no matter what. They’re also still planning to introduce a second, overlapping carbon tax known as the Clean Fuel Standard (A government analysis said poorer families will be hit hardest as fuel suppliers pass on their increased costs).

This will come in as several Canadian Provinces try to insulate their individual populations against these increasing prices, which just takes more money away from provinces to the federal level to be spent on boondoggles & magic beans to keep the NDP/Liberal coalition intact for the next 1000 days.

It makes no rational or economic sense other than to say that they’re so blinded by ideology that they’re not bothered about the harms these measures will cause.

The Parliamentary Budget Officer confirmed only earlier this week that the carbon tax is no longer revenue neutral for the majority of Canadians, which violates a key promised made by Trudeau.

Income tax rebates were supposedly to make Canadians whole for what they shelled out in terms of a carbon tax. But now the whole thing has become a house of cards — so big and complex that it’s falling apart and damaging Canadians’ livelihoods in the process.

At any point, Trudeau can still choose to have a heart and reverse these poor policy decisions. He needs to do the right thing and put regular Canadians first.

While we’d prefer the whole carbon tax be axed, the very least Trudeau ought to do is commit to pausing the increase and the introduction of the second tax.
Don’t worry Trudeau and all other members of parliment are getting a nice fat raise to shield them from the consequences of their actions . You shut up and pay .

• Angry
Reactions: Dixie Cup