Anyone have ideas about driving after a drink or two?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I see you have not changed- why insult another member- go after the points made.
Can you do that?

Don't hold your breath Goober! :)

No buses. I was never the lazy type. I could if I was interested. I did and found Bank of America Corp. and lost interest. Nope. Is that the excuse YOU use?

Good answers, Anna- not sure that he can understand them! :) :)

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Does anyone question our present leadership on their "Tough on Crime" for failing to address the carnage from drunk driving?

Well, I guess it was only a matter of time before it was explicitly stated in the thread. But obviously this is Stephen Harper's fault.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I thought they lowered the BAC in Canada??

If not they need too.

It's a little confusing I believe 0.08 is the legal limit as far as laying a criminal charge is concerned. However they can do sh*t to you out of court for blowing 0.05, like a few days suspension or impounding your vehicle (which incidentally I'm not against). If it saves one life why not? I have personally found that at 0% you are safe from any sh*t.

Some people can be A$$holes when they are stone sober! :) :)

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
As part of his defense his Lawyer should argue that being of limited intelligence and an avid fan of mainstream TV that shows many shows where booze is consumed pretty much any time of the day and certainly during the 'business hours' of the day that he 'assumed a few drinks' would be okay as nothing ever happened to the drinkers in the shows.

yeah here's an idea. if ye wanna get soused, don't drive. kinda a no brainer
I'm sure the auto industry could install something that would limit top speed to about 20kph and have a flashing light to warn people about the condition of the driver.

No buses. I was never the lazy type.
His post was about short buses being reserved for retards. Do what you must.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
So basically it hits the pressure cooker and upped in % until it can be used as scented lamp oil or run a lawnmower (unscented).

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
As part of his defense his Lawyer should argue that being of limited intelligence and an avid fan of mainstream TV that shows many shows where booze is consumed pretty much any time of the day and certainly during the 'business hours' of the day that he 'assumed a few drinks' would be okay as nothing ever happened to the drinkers in the shows.

I'm sure the auto industry could install something that would limit top speed to about 20kph and have a flashing light to warn people about the condition of the driver.
The tech already exists. It's basically a breathalyzer/ignition interlock. You have to blow into it and if your BAC is below the set limit the ignition switch will unlock so you can start it. Or something like that. The problem is, if you have a sober friend that's a goof, they can start your car for you.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Now in all fairness, that's only referring to Boone's Farm Wine :lol:

No, because it is a provincial responsibility, not a federal one.

Impaired driving falls under the criminal code which to my knowledge falls under Federal jurisdiction.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
....but that's only because you're overly emotional

And you are overly stupid.

It's a little confusing I believe 0.08 is the legal limit as far as laying a criminal charge is concerned. However they can do sh*t to you out of court for blowing 0.05, like a few days suspension or impounding your vehicle (which incidentally I'm not against). If it saves one life why not? I have personally found that at 0% you are safe from any sh*t.

Some people can be A$$holes when they are stone sober! :) :)

ANd some couldn't drive $hit through a funnel on a good day.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Why didn't you say you weren't interested. A thousand pardons, given your significant lack of knowledge on the issue, I naturally assumed you were here to learn something. I didn't realize you were just a troll
I explained that when I first came back into CC. Everyone here trolls to some extent, and you did it yourself by ignoring the topic and jabbing at me.

It's already in Criminal Code of Canada. It's upto Provinces to enforce and mandate stricter interpretations like getting a 24 roadside suspensions for as little as 1 drink or a doobie.
Exactly. As in the firearms laws, if the laws are not enforced, then making the laws in the first place was a waste of time and money. Or even making new laws that would not be enforced. But then gov't is in the business of wasting money and time.