Almost Four Years Later

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
I'm not a lefty, but I'd take Obama back over Trump. Trump's dangerous, destructive, and worst of all, inept.
I was not a Hillary fan either. I think Tecumsehbones said he even voted for Trump in the first election, but this grand experiment of giving a narcissist the most important job in the world was destined to be the disaster it has proven. It's time for him and his Cult Family to go back to whatever Reality Show they came from. Maybe the Kardashians next, or the Little People Big World family.

The TDS is strong in this one Obi-Wan Kenobi

tenor (6).gif

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
I'm not a lefty, but I'd take Obama back over Trump. Trump's dangerous, destructive, and worst of all, inept.
I was not a Hillary fan either. I think Tecumsehbones said he even voted for Trump in the first election, but this grand experiment of giving a narcissist the most important job in the world was destined to be the disaster it has proven. It's time for him and his Cult Family to go back to whatever Reality Show they came from. Maybe the Kardashians next, or the Little People Big World family.
I did. It was a joke. I live in Maryland, and I can vote for Trump, Jesus, or Hitler, and the Democratic candidate is going to carry Maryland.

Reactions: Retired_Can_Soldier

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
Yep the MSM fix is in look at all the new reporting on Hunter post election

Don't expect any 'media culpas' over ignoring Hunter Biden before the election

It's not exactly a bulletin that the role of the press in a free country like ours is to cover the news - not to cover up the news. Yet, that's precisely what many journalists did in the final few weeks before the presidential election.

Almost all major mainstream news organizations flat out refused to pursue a blockbuster story published in the New York Post about Hunter Biden's business dealings with foreign entities - and whether or not they were aboveboard.

That Hunter was cashing in on his family's name seems fairly obvious. While that may not be illegal, it does raise questions: Was Hunter telling his Ukrainian and Chinese business associates that he would put in a good word for them with his father, who one day might become president of the United States?

You'd think that would be something curious that journalists might want to pursue - unless, of course, they wanted to put a lid on any news that might hurt then-presidential candidate Joe Biden. Liberals in and out of the media might say that's crazy, except that it isn't.

CNN was especially dismissive of the New York Post story.

Brian Stelter, who hosts a media show on CNN, said the story was a "manufactured scandal" and "a classic example of the right-wing media machine" - an obvious shot at Fox News, one of the few TV outlets that gave the story airtime. "They want you to stay mad and stay tuned," Stelter said.

CNN anchor Jake Tapper said "the right wing was going crazy" over the story.

Other liberal journalists were just as incurious, blowing off the Hunter Biden story as Russian disinformation, a Russian hoax, part of a Donald Trump smear campaign. In essence, they said it was fake news.

Anne Applebaum, who writes for The Atlantic, dismissed the story snarkily: "There's no 'there' there." NPR's managing editor for news, Terence Samuels, without a hint of embarrassment, summed up much of the media's contempt for the story when he tweeted: "Why haven't you seen any stories from NPR about the NY Post's Hunter Biden story? ... We don't waste our time on stories that are not really stories, and we don't want waste the listeners' and readers' time on stories that are just pure distractions.".....More Here

• Angry
Reactions: taxslave

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Yet you denigrate Trump for no apparent reason . You harbour a hatred towards him from the tone of posts , that to me is classic T D S .

I don't hate Trump. And I don't denigrate him. He does that all by himself.
Where have you been the last four years, living on a steady diet of FOX News?

Calling me "Classic TDS" is like a Liberal calling me racist because they're losing an argument.
Congratulations.
Call me TDS all you want.
It just means you pussied out.

Retired_Can_Soldier

Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
With good reason. Trudeau is an idiot not unlike Biden - two peas in a pod! Both undeserving of any sort of political office. The future is bleak if either of these guys stay in office for any length of time. Just sayin'

I'd say Trump, along with his hardcore base have much in common with Trudeau and his hardcore base. The Leaders are both inept trust fund babies, but somehow are claimed as the savior of the working class, even though neither have had to want or work for anything. Both are unqualified to lead a country. Because they aren't leaders. They're a brand.

As for their supporters, both have a base that will believe anything their leader tells them.
This thread and every other Trump/Trudeau thread is a case in point.

And for the record, I'm no fan of Biden or O'Toole either.
Seems in this grand new decade we've really lowered our expectations of politicians.

As for Canada
I'd run, but I'm too damned old and tired, and my French sucks. And there would be dirt.
There's always dirt.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
I don't hate Trump. And I don't denigrate him. He does that all by himself.
Where have you been the last four years, living on a steady diet of FOX News?

Calling me "Classic TDS" is like a Liberal calling me racist because they're losing an argument.
Congratulations.
Call me TDS all you want.
It just means you pussied out.
Not at all I have listed many of his accomplishments, and countered many of the lies falsehoods and innuendo thrown his way . You on the other hand tell me how despicable the man is but can’t quite exactly pin it down . T D S

Retired_Can_Soldier

Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Not at all I have listed many of his accomplishments, and countered many of the lies falsehoods and innuendo thrown his way . You on the other hand tell me how despicable the man is but can’t quite exactly pin it down . T D S
Yeah, TDS. LOL
Whatever man. If that's all you got.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
I'd say Trump, along with his hardcore base have much in common with Trudeau and his hardcore base. The Leaders are both inept trust fund babies, but somehow are claimed as the savior of the working class, even though neither have had to want or work for anything. Both are unqualified to lead a country. Because they aren't leaders. They're a brand.

As for their supporters, both have a base that will believe anything their leader tells them.
This thread and every other Trump/Trudeau thread is a case in point.

And for the record, I'm no fan of Biden or O'Toole either.
Seems in this grand new decade we've really lowered our expectations of politicians.

As for Canada
I'd run, but I'm too damned old and tired, and my French sucks. And there would be dirt.
There's always dirt.
Trump sees the largest tax cuts through congress bringing about the largest economic gains seen since the end of WW2 .Tax cuts that put money into the lower end of the wage scales . Trudeau gave us carbon taxes .
That’s one , what exactly has Trump done that was bad for America ? Did he start any wars ? Who was the last President you can say that about ? As a retired soldier would you rather he did politics as normal and sent more young people into harms way . Come on Man that’s what we do .