Almost Four Years Later

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Yup....And that's the problem I have with a liberal government and it's globalist leader
Trudeau would like nothing better than a permanent seat on the U N council but some of the demands that the UN has are too much for the Canadian parliament to agree to.
What UN council is that? Surely you don't mean the Security Council. Its five permanent seats are held by the U.S., Russia, Britain, France, and China. You don't get a permanent seat without being a nuclear power.

Is there some other council?

Again, I don't understand your objection to the UN. Many of its organs are very useful for coordinating international issues: IMO, ICAO, WHO, ITU, and all the other letter salads. It's also pretty good for research and hammering out proposals and agendae, which member countries are free to sign onto, or not.

Sounds to me like your real problem is Trudeaubama and the Liberals.

Reactions: Serryah

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
What UN council is that? Surely you don't mean the Security Council. Its five permanent seats are held by the U.S., Russia, Britain, France, and China. You don't get a permanent seat without being a nuclear power.

Is there some other council?

Again, I don't understand your objection to the UN. Many of its organs are very useful for coordinating international issues: IMO, ICAO, WHO, ITU, and all the other letter salads. It's also pretty good for research and hammering out proposals and agendae, which member countries are free to sign onto, or not.

Sounds to me like your real problem is Trudeaubama and the Liberals.

There you go;).......Did I say permanent???

Reactions: Twin_Moose

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Was this you Tecup?

Yes? No?

What is the Paris Agreement?​

The Paris Agreement is a legally binding international treaty on climate change. It was adopted by 196 Parties at COP 21 in Paris, on 12 December 2015 and entered into force on 4 November 2016.

Yep. Entry into the Paris Agreement had nothing to do with UN membership. A UN member country (or non-member country) could sign on or not sign on as it chose.

There was one country, you may have heard, that signed on, then pulled out. Total effect on its UN membership? Zero.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick

What does this 'proclamation' do exactly? It recognizes Morocco's sovereignty sure, but I wasn't aware that it was an issue? Is it?

Morocco and Israel don't have issues as much as I'm aware, so WTF? Also, I don't see how it being diplomatic with Israel brings more peace to the ME. I've never heard of it being hugely against or at war with Israel to begin with.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Yep. Entry into the Paris Agreement had nothing to do with UN membership. A UN member country (or non-member country) could sign on or not sign on as it chose.

There was one country, you may have heard, that signed on, then pulled out. Total effect on its UN membership? Zero.
But it is binding.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
There you go parsing posts again.....
Maybe I should hire you to talk to a defence attorney from Toronto who is coming to visit her mother for Christmas. and probably to try to convince me to look after her mother's dog! I've been doing it as a neighbourly favour while she's been in the hospital for the last two months...
It now looks as if she'll end up going in a nursing home, and I don't want to be stuck with the dog forever!
Right now I only have my daughter, a business financial agent for wells Fargo, who is working from here instead of her home in Toronto because of coronavirus.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that she'll be able to get me out of it!

Last edited:

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
There you go parsing posts again.....
Maybe I should hire you to talk to a defence attorney from Toronto who is coming to visit her mother for Christmas. and probably to try to convince me to look after her mother's dog! I've been doing it as a neighbourly favour while she's been in the hospital for the last two months...
It now looks as if she'll end up going in a nursing home, and I don't want to be stuck with the dog forever!
Right now I only have my daughter, a business financial agent for wells Fargo, who is working from here instead of her home in Toronto because of coronavirus.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed that she'll be able to get me out of it!
Sorry, I'll try not to respond to your actual words any more.

Reactions: DaSleeper

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
We're seeing down here that your "two provinces" formula basically amounts to 4 or 5 states for us.

I still favor direct, national, popular election of the chief executive, though I realize that would require a lot more changes in a Parliamentary system like yours than in ours.

Just seems to me that popular election in the jurisdiction (riding/district, state/province, nationwide) over which the official will have power is the most "fair" thing I can think of.
I tend to agree. I think if we were permitted by the vested interests to take the best of all systems and combine them we could come up with a model that works well for taxpayers. Might not work out so well for politicians and other vested interests. In BC we have kicked the pro rep can down the road three times now. Largely because the options presented to voters all suck. Unless you are party faithful., since they all give power to "the Party", instead of the representative. AN independent would have no chance at all. I would like to see more independents. I would even go so far as to ban party affiliation on the ballot. Kind of fukk with the low information voters.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
I'm dealing with them one at a time.

You do realize, do you not, that the UN cannot and does not "tell Canada what to do" in any binding fashion, right?

It's a powerless talking shop. The worst you can say about it is that it's a waste of money. But everything the UN "tells" Canada to do, Canada does because in each case, Parliament and the government choose to.
That is because at the moment we have a globullist as PM. They are trying to make nationalist a dirty word. Like work.

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
What does this 'proclamation' do exactly? It recognizes Morocco's sovereignty sure, but I wasn't aware that it was an issue? Is it?

Morocco and Israel don't have issues as much as I'm aware, so WTF? Also, I don't see how it being diplomatic with Israel brings more peace to the ME. I've never heard of it being hugely against or at war with Israel to begin with.
Sovereignty over the West Sahara desert that was in dispute

Reactions: petros

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
RCS:
I'm not really a trump fan, but given the choice four years ago and the choice now,... the US people who are not globalists don't have much of a choice!
I'm not a lefty, but I'd take Obama back over Trump. Trump's dangerous, destructive, and worst of all, inept.
I was not a Hillary fan either. I think Tecumsehbones said he even voted for Trump in the first election, but this grand experiment of giving a narcissist the most important job in the world was destined to be the disaster it has proven. It's time for him and his Cult Family to go back to whatever Reality Show they came from. Maybe the Kardashians next, or the Little People Big World family.

Reactions: Serryah