Alberta declares State of Public Health Emergency

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Good for you, Serryah! Any sign of real life there is very nebulous! :)
Have you read your precious Dr. Bonnie’s book ? The one where she explains how political considerations guided her proclamations during an election campaign . Do you like the fact that she was propping up the NDP rather than caring for the provinces health ?

• Wow
Reactions: Twin_Moose

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
You asked what would happen. My first answer, before clarification, outlined more deaths and need to increase hospital capacity. I am not sure it would have significantly affected the economy.

Valid point and on my end that was my fault for not clarifying.

I don't think we have to look at it as two extremes. There are also tonnes of middle ground -- fully open but mask mandate, then with vaccine mandates for example. This would have reduced deaths and transmissions.

The point of asking 'what if we did nothing' was to see if anyone thought that things would be better, or worse, overall. That's why it was the 'other extreme' and I said no mandates and so on. I asked this because it just seems most people here thought it'd be better IF we had done nothing and just pretended Covid was nothing to worry about.

Also I did not offer an opinion on the course of action. Not doing what they did would have traded lives for dollars. All choices have consequences. Aside from TrueDope's cocamamy hotel plan for returning air travelers and his closing of flights to the sun destinations I think measures taken (at least in Ontario) have been reasonable.

At one point I would have said NB's approach was pretty spot on.

Then our POS premier decided dollars over everything else.

Overall, when I think about the world doing nothing and just 'pretending Covid was just the flu', we would have had more situations like Italy at the start, and then as variants appeared - perhaps quicker - death tolls rising. Everywhere would be overrun with people infected/dying. Places like India, Africa, South America would be worse than they are now. I know Sweden is the "Golden Child" the right likes to hold up but it's not and if they woulds top buying that horseshit that'd be great. Even here it'd be hell. Hospitals like my local one would either be shut down or full of patients and with the current health care crisis, both situations would have broke us.

And my mother would be dead.

Likely my dad too.

Other older relatives who have health complications.

Perhaps more my age.

Perhaps more kids.

No masks, no one giving a shit, Covid spreading like... well I'll keep vulgar comments to myself :p

Survivors would be 'fine' or likely not since Long Covid is showing up more and it's done more damage the further it's studied. And then if survivors got it again, well...

Do I think Government handled it well? Fuck no. Conflicting messages, talk and take backs from one day to the next, consistency; none of it was and is a thing. Now with the vaccine the messages are fucking WORSE.

So the stupidity of Government isn't just with Trudeau but with Premier's too. Now we're all paying the price.

That said, logically if I look at that situation vs. locking down, masks, hand washing and vaccines... yeah, it was smarter to go with, and stick with that, than pretend nothing happened.

Last edited:

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Have you read your precious Dr. Bonnie’s book ? The one where she explains how political considerations guided her proclamations during an election campaign . Do you like the fact that she was propping up the NDP rather than caring for the provinces health ?
A little "green" around the f*****g gills are you pgs? You should shut up while you are ahead. B.C. has the best health of any province in Canada.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Do I think Government handled it well? Fuck no. Conflicting messages, talk and take backs from one day to the next, consistency; none of it was and is a thing. Now with the vaccine the messages are fucking WORSE.
This is very true. When the vaccines first came out they said get the first one offered. So my wife and I got AZ as that was first available for our age group. Then they said don't mix. So we got a second AZ. Then they said AZ is a bad vaccine -- get Phizer or Moderna. If this happens again, I would certainly wait 6 months for the government to sort out their message. I would not be an early adopter the next time.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
A little "green" around the f*****g gills are you pgs? You should shut up while you are ahead. B.C. has the best health of any province in Canada.
You didn’t answer my question ? Why is the esteemed Doctor Bonnie Henry playing politics ?

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
Overall, when I think about the world doing nothing and just 'pretending Covid was just the flu', we would have had more situations like Italy at the start, and then as variants appeared - perhaps quicker - death tolls rising. Everywhere would be overrun with people infected/dying. Places like India, Africa, South America would be worse than they are now. I know Sweden is the "Golden Child" the right likes to hold up but it's not and if they woulds top buying that horseshit that'd be great. Even here it'd be hell. Hospitals like my local one would either be shut down or full of patients and with the current health care crisis, both situations would have broke us.

And my mother would be dead.

Likely my dad too.

Other older relatives who have health complications.

Perhaps more my age.

Perhaps more kids.
What proof are you offering that support your position?

Take your India example 10% population vaccination and several provinces are claiming COVID free status with full herd immunity due to Ivermectin with vitamin treatment same as Indonesia. No one can explain why top vaxxed 90% of the population countries like Israel and Iceland on their 3rd and 4th boosters are seeing spiking COVID cases of the likes of 2020

taxme

Time Out
Feb 11, 2020
Don't pay too much attention to taxme's blathering, Serryah! :)

But we should all listen to your blathering, right comrade? It sure looks to me like if somebody's beliefs conflicts with your comrade like beliefs than they are nothing more than just a bunch of blathers. You are well on your way to becoming a great communist useful fool for the globalist cabal alright. (n)

taxme

Time Out
Feb 11, 2020
You can put every unelected Health official running this country right now in the same breath

Maybe, if all of those so called health officials would just stop breathing, for say a minute or two, we just could all end up being in better shape than what we are today. Thanks to their constant pushing of their covid lies and bullshit we may never get rid of this covid lie and hoax. Just a suggestion for them to think about. (y)

taxme

Time Out
Feb 11, 2020
Except that A) deaths would be higher, B) infection rate would be higher which would lead to C) no one out buying or spending cause the liklyhood of overload to the health system and infected individuals would seriously screw society.

Remember, besides no lockdowns, there'd be no masks, no attempt at distancing, no other precautions, no vaccine; if no one gave an absolute shit that Covid was out and about and spread, you honestly think things wouldn't be that much different?

So, this is how you avoid having to answer any questions asked of you that you cannot answer and reply too. You cowardly put them on the ignore list, eh? What a pathetic comrade coward and wimp that you are. (n)