A few facts about the disaster in Japan

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Interesting to see the greenies lose their minds over this.

They won't be happy until we are all freezing in the dark.

Fact is, to get off of the carbon teet, nukes must play a role.

Interesting side note, Chernobyl's exclusion zone is now Europes biggest wildlife refuge....it's like watching an episode of Life After People on the History channel.
Pripyat is so beautiful. There should be more cities just like it.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I didn't know where to put this picture of a boat on a roof in Japan:

What is keeping the boat up there and what keeps the house from
collapsing?

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I suppose a couple of V-8 stern drives woud add a lot of weight to the back end of the
boat. It will still be a bast--d to get that boat back in the water.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
A cat that size would have something bigger than a V8. More than likely a V10 or V12 2 turboed 2 stroke diesel. Those two strokers really make some incredible amounts of torque.

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
I'm guessing that boat is ninety or a hundred feet long. maybe a bit more. A V-10 or V-12 diesels are more likely be mounted amidships
because of the weight. I've owned quite a few boats though none this big but I've seen a lot of them. A motor cat this size is rare.

Johnny Utah

Council Member
Mar 11, 2006
Hijacking an interesting thread with Anti-Israeli Bull Sh*t, F**k man don't you ever give it a rest? :roll:

bill barilko

Senate Member
Mar 4, 2009
Vancouver-by-the-Sea
a lot better than dying in a rice paddy

Baby dolphin saved after dumped in rice field by tsunami

TOKYO– A baby dolphin has been rescued in Japan after being dumped in a rice field by a giant tsunami that hit the coast on March 11.

The dolphin was spotted in the flooded field, about 2 km (a mile) from the coast, said Ryo Taira, a pet-shop owner who has been rescuing animals abandoned after the 9.0 magnitude quake and tsunami left 23,000 people dead or missing.

"A man passing by said he had found the dolphin in the rice paddy and that we had to do something to save it," the 32-year-old Taira told Reuters.

Taira found the dolphin struggling in the shallow seawater on Tuesday and after failing to net it, waded in to the field, which had yet to be sown with rice, to cradle the 1.2-meter (four foot) animal in his arms.

"It was pretty weak by then, which was probably the only reason we could catch it," he said.

Taira and some friends wrapped the dolphin in wet towels and drove it back to the sea, where they set it free. The dolphin appeared to perk up when it was back in the Pacific, he said.

"I don't know if it will live, but it's certainly a lot better than dying in a rice paddy," Taira told the Asahi Shimbun newspaper.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Neutron beam observed 13 times

Kyodo News
Tokyo Electric Power Co. said Wednesday it has observed a neutron beam, a kind of radioactive ray, 13 times on the premises of its crippled Fukushima No. 1 nuclear plant.

Tepco said the neutron beam measured about 1.5 km southwest of the plant's Nos. 1 and 2 reactors over three days from March 13 and is equivalent to 0.01 to 0.02 microsieverts per hour. This is not a dangerous level of radiation, it added.
The utility said it will also measure uranium and plutonium, which could emit a neutron beam.

In the 1999 criticality accident at a nuclear fuel processing plant run by JCO Co. in Tokai, Ibaraki Prefecture, uranium broke apart continually in nuclear fission, causing a massive amount of neutron beams.

In the latest case at the Fukushima No. 1 plant, a criticality accident has yet to happen.
But the measured neutron beam may be evidence that uranium and plutonium leaked from the plant's nuclear reactors and spent nuclear fuel have discharged a small amount of neutron beams via fission.

JESUS H CHRIST!

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
Stuxnet, the end time virus. If you have a Siemens PLC controling your reactor fail safes they are going to fail. they say , do you trust your security arangments, who handles them? Is your reactor pointed at your head?

Stretch

House Member
Feb 16, 2003
Australia
Radiation Detected in Massachusetts Rainwater as Fukushima Crisis Worsens

Monday, 28 March 2011 08:35

'The Fukushima crisis continues to worsen by the day, with nuclear experts around the world finally realizing and admitting we've all been lied to. "I think maybe the situation is much more serious than we were led to believe," said Najmedin Meshkati of the University of Southern California, in a Reuters report.
Massachusetts rainwater has also been found to be contaminated with low levels of radiation from Fukushima, indicating just how widespread the radioactive fallout has become. It's not just the West Coast of North America that's vulnerable, in other words: even the East Coast could receive dangerous levels of fallout if Fukushima suffers a larger release of radioactive material into the air.'
Read more: Radiation Detected in Massachusetts Rainwater as Fukushima Crisis Worsens

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Yup. Leave it to my Liberal home state of Massachusetts to lead the panic.

Having just returned from Boston, I honestly can't understand why you say Mass is Liberal. From my perspective, they're pretty conservative. Not as insane as Arizona, of course, but that just makes them human. If you figure Mass is liberal, you need to get out more. Maybe liberal compared to some US states, but not liberal compared to the real world.