30 guns siezed

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
RCMP provided an update Monday on the investigation into the deaths of three people found in a home near Edson, Alta. on Nov. 29.

On Friday, the Edmonton Medical Examiner’s Office confirmed all three people – 46-year-old Daniel Miler, 36-year-old Roxanne Berube, and 16-year-old Jazmine Lyon – were victims of homicide.

30 guns seized from home of accused in Edson triple homicide | Globalnews.ca

Oh MY GOD... can you believe it? 3 dead, 30 guns seized, and he wasn't Muslim. I searched back and I don't see this little bit of news being posted. Strange.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
What's sad is that you seem not to be able to differentiate between day to day crime, and a terrorist act with mass casualties while the perpetrators yell Allah Akbar.

Go back to being a lonely miserable comejen, old man.

No, what's sad is the fact that you take day to day crime perpetrated by a nut case and elevate it up to something beyond that.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
RCMP provided an update Monday on the investigation into the deaths of three people found in a home near Edson, Alta. on Nov. 29.

On Friday, the Edmonton Medical Examiner’s Office confirmed all three people – 46-year-old Daniel Miler, 36-year-old Roxanne Berube, and 16-year-old Jazmine Lyon – were victims of homicide.

30 guns seized from home of accused in Edson triple homicide | Globalnews.ca

Oh MY GOD... can you believe it? 3 dead, 30 guns seized, and he wasn't Muslim. I searched back and I don't see this little bit of news being posted. Strange.
Allahu Akbar!

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Jest some good ole boy exercising his constitutional rights ... or a wannbe version thereof.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
and what constitutional rights would that be?

Exactly.

Hey, why are the Mounties confiscating all those guns? Shouldn't they be spreading them around? Isn't the world a safer place if everybody has one ... two ... even more guns?

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
Nah. Some Mounties are greedy. The cheap ones, ones that are not worth collecting, etc. will be destroyed and the good ones will go into Mountie private collections.

VanIsle

Always thinking
Nov 12, 2008
Nah. Some Mounties are greedy. The cheap ones, ones that are not worth collecting, etc. will be destroyed and the good ones will go into Mountie private collections.
That's just so wrong to say Anna. Those guns will be kept as evidence until they are no longer required and then ALL of them will be destroyed. If any member takes a single piece of evidence, they will be fired. I know that for a fact.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
That's just so wrong to say Anna. Those guns will be kept as evidence until they are no longer required and then ALL of them will be destroyed. If any member takes a single piece of evidence, they will be fired. I know that for a fact.
That is how it is supposed to be. Mounties do not always follow the law, though. And I know THAT to be fact. Some are known to lie in court, for instance.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
That is how it is supposed to be. Mounties do not always follow the law, though. And I know THAT to be fact. Some are known to lie in court, for instance.

and some save up alcohol confiscated from kids and have a party.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island

No it is a fact. A former staff sgt that I know even told me that guns that are handed in to be destroyed are passed around the detachment to who ever wants them.Only the junk is destroyed.

personal touch

House Member
Sep 17, 2014
alberta/B.C.
i had an RCMP friend,he use to give me pipes he would confiscate,i use to have lots of beautiful pipes,then someone stole them from me.life is a bitch.
if only you could have seen my collection.
what a great friend he was/is.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Exactly.

Hey, why are the Mounties confiscating all those guns? Shouldn't they be spreading them around? Isn't the world a safer place if everybody has one ... two ... even more guns?
I know how some people think the US is some kind of wild west shootout but the facts are, out of 310 million people or so and almost as many privately owned firearms, less than half of the homicides in the US are the result of firearm use.

To put it another way, more kids die each year in water features in people's yards in the US than the number of people who are murdered by firearm.
And like it or not, there have been several instances in the US where an armed private citizen has successfully defended themselves or others.
I'm not saying we need that up here considering the odds of you being the victim of any kind of violent crime in Canada is ridiculously low. But I also think it's pretty messed up when you can't even defend yourself and family in your own home without being treated as a criminal while the criminal is treated like the victim.

And before you ask, no, nobody should have 30 firearms in their possession unless the owner is a bonafide collector.