2SLGBTQQIA+

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC

So because a kid is Trans, and the school won't teach and she wants to be educated in a school... she deserves foster care.

Oh, she's also 16, 'old enough' to know she's trans.

There is nothing right about this at all.
Look on the bright side. in seven years she can run for Congress as a Republican.

• Haha
Reactions: Serryah

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Ontario Liberals drop candidate hours before Elections Ontario deadline
Author of the article:Canadian Press
Canadian Press
Publishing date:May 12, 2022 • 21 hours ago • 1 minute read • 40 Comments
Alec Mazurek has been officially terminated as a candidate for the Liberals in Chatham-Kent-Leamington.
Alec Mazurek has been officially terminated as a candidate for the Liberals in Chatham-Kent-Leamington. PHOTO BY @VOTEALEC2022/INSTAGRAM /TORONTO SUN
The Ontario Liberals have dropped a candidate after the NDP unearthed comments he made on Facebook using a slur for gay people.

A party spokeswoman says Alec Mazurek has been officially terminated as a candidate for the Liberals in Chatham-Kent-Leamington.

Mazurek did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Liberal Leader Steven Del Duca was not yet aware of the Facebook posts when he made an announcement Thursday on mental health, but when asked about them he said it’s important for leaders to take decisive action in such situations.

It comes a day after the party dropped a candidate for Parry Sound-Muskoka after media reports described a book he self-published that details scientifically baseless views on homosexuality.

It also comes not long after the Liberals dropped their candidate in Sault Ste. Marie following a media report that the teen candidate participated in online discussions in which people joked about “dying of AIDS,” though he told local media he did not make those comments.

• Haha
Reactions: taxslave

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Del Duca defends fourth candidate under fire
Author of the article:Antonella Artuso
Publishing date:May 13, 2022 • 1 day ago • 1 minute read • 28 Comments

An Ontario Liberal candidate has apologized for “flippant” language he used while writing an opinion piece for his university newspaper on a LGBTOUT grant.

Noel Semple, the candidate for Etobicoke Centre, said he was disappointed and “deeply embarrassed” about the 2004 article that appeared in University of Toronto’s Varsity publication.

“As a young and naive student, I never intended to hurt people, but wrote provocatively, with flippant language,” Semple said in a statement Friday. “2SLGBTQ+ people are without question an equity-deserving and underrepresented community in our society. 2SLGBTQ+ identity is rich and complex — not a ‘set of sexual behaviour patterns.’ It was ignorant of me to suggest otherwise, and in the 18 years between when I wrote this op-ed and now, I have better acquainted myself with the true nature of homophobia and anti-2SLGBTQ+ discrimination, and committed myself to fighting it.”

Liberal Leader Del Duca, who has fired three candidates so far during this campaign, said his party stands for tolerance of everyone but he stood by his candidate.

“Enough is enough. Eighteen years ago, Noel Semple wrote an article in a student paper opposing a new student levy,” Del Duca said. “In the same article he denounced homophobes as scumbags. He is not and was not a homophobe. He is a distinguished law professor and will be a great MPP.”

The Liberal Party is promising to fund HIV PrEP and other medications to stay healthy, as well as supportive housing for the community, he said.

“The Ontario Liberal Party that I lead, that I’m proud to lead, is a strong strong supporter and ally and champion for the rights of every single Ontarian, including those in the 2SLGBTQ+ communities,” Del Duca said.

aartuso@postmedia.com

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Del Duca defends fourth candidate under fire
Author of the article:Antonella Artuso
Publishing date:May 13, 2022 • 1 day ago • 1 minute read • 28 Comments

An Ontario Liberal candidate has apologized for “flippant” language he used while writing an opinion piece for his university newspaper on a LGBTOUT grant.

Noel Semple, the candidate for Etobicoke Centre, said he was disappointed and “deeply embarrassed” about the 2004 article that appeared in University of Toronto’s Varsity publication.

“As a young and naive student, I never intended to hurt people, but wrote provocatively, with flippant language,” Semple said in a statement Friday. “2SLGBTQ+ people are without question an equity-deserving and underrepresented community in our society. 2SLGBTQ+ identity is rich and complex — not a ‘set of sexual behaviour patterns.’ It was ignorant of me to suggest otherwise, and in the 18 years between when I wrote this op-ed and now, I have better acquainted myself with the true nature of homophobia and anti-2SLGBTQ+ discrimination, and committed myself to fighting it.”

Liberal Leader Del Duca, who has fired three candidates so far during this campaign, said his party stands for tolerance of everyone but he stood by his candidate.

“Enough is enough. Eighteen years ago, Noel Semple wrote an article in a student paper opposing a new student levy,” Del Duca said. “In the same article he denounced homophobes as scumbags. He is not and was not a homophobe. He is a distinguished law professor and will be a great MPP.”

The Liberal Party is promising to fund HIV PrEP and other medications to stay healthy, as well as supportive housing for the community, he said.

“The Ontario Liberal Party that I lead, that I’m proud to lead, is a strong strong supporter and ally and champion for the rights of every single Ontarian, including those in the 2SLGBTQ+ communities,” Del Duca said.

aartuso@postmedia.com
No chance of getting stuck with an unwanted pregnancy !

• Haha
Reactions: taxslave