2SLGBTQQIA+

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick

No, but it should!

Also, Misha just said that reports of his sexuality are wrong, He's not Bi. Just very supportive of people in the community. It was a misunderstanding about a talk he was having at a fan convention over the weekend.

Not that it matters to me but some would get upset, sadly, that people took it and ran with it.

"
I want to deeply apologize for misspeaking this weekend. At a fan convention in New Jersey, when I was talking with the audience I said that I was “all three” things: an introvert, an extrovert and a bisexual. My clumsy intention was to wave off actually discussing my sexuality, but I badly fumbled that and understand that was seen as me coming out as bisexual.
This was not my intention, so I need to correct the record: I am not bisexual. I happen to be straight, but I am also a fierce ally and the last thing I want to do is falsely co-opt the struggles of the LGBTQIA+ community. I believe and fully support that we need to sanctify the human right to express our identities honestly and to be free to love whomever we choose openly.
I am deeply sorry for the clumsiness of my language. I want to be a better ally and I feel sick to my stomach that I might have done anything to make things worse. I’m trying to learn, trying to do better, and I will keep listening.
Thanks... and I’m sorry.
Misha"

IMO he shouldn't have had to apologize.

It's moments like this I hate "the community" for being just as fucking stupid as 'them' over this kind of stuff.

Reactions: Ron in Regina

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Well, at least he didn’t accidentally identify as a feminist ‘cuz he’d be obliged to throw Jody Wilson Raybould under a bus or something…
No, but it should!

Also, Misha just said that reports of his sexuality are wrong, He's not Bi. Just very supportive of people in the community. It was a misunderstanding about a talk he was having at a fan convention over the weekend.

Not that it matters to me but some would get upset, sadly, that people took it and ran with it.

"
I want to deeply apologize for misspeaking this weekend. At a fan convention in New Jersey, when I was talking with the audience I said that I was “all three” things: an introvert, an extrovert and a bisexual. My clumsy intention was to wave off actually discussing my sexuality, but I badly fumbled that and understand that was seen as me coming out as bisexual.
This was not my intention, so I need to correct the record: I am not bisexual. I happen to be straight, but I am also a fierce ally and the last thing I want to do is falsely co-opt the struggles of the LGBTQIA+ community. I believe and fully support that we need to sanctify the human right to express our identities honestly and to be free to love whomever we choose openly.
I am deeply sorry for the clumsiness of my language. I want to be a better ally and I feel sick to my stomach that I might have done anything to make things worse. I’m trying to learn, trying to do better, and I will keep listening.
Thanks... and I’m sorry.
Misha"

IMO he shouldn't have had to apologize.

It's moments like this I hate "the community" for being just as fucking stupid as 'them' over this kind of stuff.

• Haha
Reactions: Serryah

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016
I guess the pressing question is...

Are more people coming out these days because it is safer and more accepting to do so now?

Or/

Are we cultivating more young people at an early age to believe that gender doesn't matter.

Is the glass half full, or half empty?

Reactions: Twin_Moose

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Why was it important to correct himself? Bi does not preclude him continuing to date women and does not mean he has to start boinking guys. Seems odd that he mispoke the way he did and then tried to correct it.

He says why in his response to the issue.

One, he's NOT Bi.

But two, he does not want to be seen as Bi and thus stepping into a world where he shouldn't be, and where people can assume he can 'speak for them' on the issue of being Bi. "the last thing I want to do is falsely co-opt the struggles of the LGBTQIA+ community." It's about respect, to him, to the community and not mis-representing by claiming to be something he's not (or in this case, others claiming he is when he's not).

But again, I personally don't feel he needs to apologize for it. Clarify maybe, but in his statement he really appears to be near fearful of pissing off "The community" because someone misunderstood him. There was no need for it.

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016
Er...how exactly do you state by accident that you are bisexual?

He obviously is and just walked it back after second thoughts.

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016

Are more people coming out these days because it is safer and more accepting to do so now?

Or/

Are we cultivating more young people at an early age to believe that gender doesn't matter.

I just posted this on my mental health forum. The moderator took it down/ deleted it...saying it would cause a riot on the forum.

• Wow
Reactions: Dixie Cup

Hoof Hearted

House Member
Jul 23, 2016
In all honesty, it's both.

Don't know why it'd cause a 'riot'.
I think because a large number of posters on the forum are LGTBQ, as well as the moderators and they would take offense to the second part I wrote...about cultivating that gender doesn't matter.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

Or/

It's a trend. It's cool. It's a fad.

Reactions: Twin_Moose