2016 Presidential Campaign

hillary rodham clinton vs donald john trump who will win?

• hillary rodham clinton

Votes: 12 40.0%
  • donald john trump

Votes: 18 60.0%

• Total voters

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Yep, without a doubt Katrina was his main failing. Service to his own people comes ahead of foreign involvements.

Katrina was? Give me a break. The City of New Orleans and the State of Louisiana are responsible for their inaction.

This was just another "Blame Bush" from the tards and from that era.

Hurricane Sandy... not a peep and the place is still a disaster and the problems that are being faced are still ongoing. Its only because Obama has the media in his pocket.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Katrina was? Give me a break. The City of New Orleans and the State of Louisiana are responsible for their inaction.

This was just another "Blame Bush" from the tards and from that era.

Hurricane Sandy... not a peep and the place is still a disaster and the problems that are being faced are still ongoing. Its only because Obama has the media in his pocket.

Sorry, we'll have to agree to disagree..................I'm not saying Bush should have been trudging the streets in his hip waders pulling people to safety, as head honcho of the nation he should have been on the "blower" to the mayor, the governor and the head honcho of F.E.M.A. finding out exactly what they are doing and possibly take a day off other stuff to go down there and make himself visible to the people.

talloola

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 14, 2006
Vancouver Island
Sorry, we'll have to agree to disagree..................I'm not saying Bush should have been trudging the streets in his hip waders pulling people to safety, as head honcho of the nation he should have been on the "blower" to the mayor, the governor and the head honcho of F.E.M.A. finding out exactly what they are doing and possibly take a day off other stuff to go down there and make himself visible to the people.

it was far too much for the local government, they were inefficient and overwhelmed, it was the responsibility of the federal government,
just like they quickly run to the aid of other countries in natural disasters, they didn't react
nearly soon enough or efficiently enough in the event of a natural disaster in their 'own' country.
shameful.
they get bouquets and applause for how they help around the world, but in that case they failed to
do the right thing.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Sorry, we'll have to agree to disagree..................I'm not saying Bush should have been trudging the streets in his hip waders pulling people to safety, as head honcho of the nation he should have been on the "blower" to the mayor, the governor and the head honcho of F.E.M.A. finding out exactly what they are doing

Which is what he did. The Mayor of New Orleans didn't do a think to evacuate his people. It was the Feds who evacuated the people of New Orleans to different parts of the country and gave them housing, food, clothing and ATM cards to be spent on whatever they want. Here in Massachusetts a good portion of them were used in liquor stores and strip clubs.

and possibly take a day off other stuff to go down there and make himself visible to the people.

Good idea huh...

See what happens when you drink the Kool-Aid JLM? You see?

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
it was far too much for the local government, they were inefficient and overwhelmed, it was the responsibility of the federal government,

It is the responsibility for the local and state government to ask for help. They didn't but the Feds stepped in regardless.

just like they quickly run to the aid of other countries in natural disasters, they didn't react
They did react. It was just another event to blame on others.

But nothing to see here... move along...

Hurricane Sandy, one year later: Fighting for payouts from FEMA, insurance companies

155,287 sought some form of FEMA assistance, and 88,750 didn’t make the cut

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/hurricane-sandy/sandy-1-year-fema-article-1.1497143

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
nearly soon enough or efficiently enough in the event of a natural disaster in their 'own' country.
shameful.
they get bouquets and applause for how they help around the world, but in that case they failed to
do the right thing.

That was certainly my impression at the time I watched a documentary on it, but Eaglesmack says they did make an honest effort. I know F.E.M.A was absolutely pathetic. That one major rescue centre was a joke from what I saw, just a total lack of all the necessities required in an emergent situation, lack of food, water, blankets, first aid etc. etc.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
That was certainly my impression at the time I watched a documentary on it, but Eaglesmack says they did make an honest effort. I know F.E.M.A was absolutely pathetic. That one major rescue centre was a joke from what I saw, just a total lack of all the necessities required in an emergent situation, lack of food, water, blankets, first aid etc. etc.

And they were pathetic during Hurricane Sandy... but POTUS has the media in his pocket.

Remember this picture?

Hurricane Sandy victim Donna Vanzant embraced by Obama heartbroken at receiving standardized letter | Mail Online

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
John Nichols: Are you going to run for president in 2016?

Bernie Sanders: I don’t wake up every morning, as some people here in Washington do and say, “You know, I really have to be president of the United States. I was born to be president of the United States.” What I do wake up every morning feeling is that this country faces more serious problems than at any time since the Great Depression, and there is a horrendous lack of serious political discourse or ideas out there that can address these crises, and that somebody has got to represent the working-class and the middle-class of this country in standing up to the big-money interests who have so much power over the economic and political life of this country. So I am prepared to run for president of the United States. I don’t believe that I am the only person out there who can fight this fight, but I am certainly prepared to look seriously at that race.

more

Bernie Sanders: ‘I Am Prepared to Run for President of the United States’ | The Nation

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
John Nichols: Are you going to run for president in 2016?

Bernie Sanders: I don’t wake up every morning, as some people here in Washington do and say, “You know, I really have to be president of the United States. I was born to be president of the United States.” What I do wake up every morning feeling is that this country faces more serious problems than at any time since the Great Depression, and there is a horrendous lack of serious political discourse or ideas out there that can address these crises, and that somebody has got to represent the working-class and the middle-class of this country in standing up to the big-money interests who have so much power over the economic and political life of this country. So I am prepared to run for president of the United States. I don’t believe that I am the only person out there who can fight this fight, but I am certainly prepared to look seriously at that race.

more

Bernie Sanders: ‘I Am Prepared to Run for President of the United States’ | The Nation

Barry Sanders is going to run , great he was fast and had the greatest moves .

Oh Bernie Sanders .

Never Mind .

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
Progressives call on Sanders to run for president as a Democrat

Progressive Democrats of America launched an online petition (at www.credomobilize.com) praising Sanders as “a lifelong champion of working-class Americans, and an eloquent defender of labor unions, living wages, expanded Social Security, protecting Medicare [and] Medicaid, moving towards single-payer health care for all, and choosing ‘prosperity’ over ‘austerity.’” It also calls Sanders an effective leader in the fight to stem climate change and “one of the very few top officeholders who will stand up to the 1 percent, who gets it that money is not speech, and corporations are not people.”

http://www.valleyadvocate.com/article.cfm?aid=17719

"Income inequality is the great moral issue of our time," Sanders said in an interview, "More people are living in poverty than ever before. The bottom 60 percent of the population owns only 2.3 percent of the wealth." Sanders pointed to the Walton family, owners of the Wal-Mart corporation, who have more wealth than 90 percent of the population of the U.S.combined, and to statistics that show that vast majority of new wealth generated in the United States in the last 10 years has gone to the top-percentage earners.

"If tens of millions of people don't have disposable income," said Sanders, how can they be expected to purchase products that will keep corporations in business and grow the economy?

http://www.reformer.com/morelocalnews/ci_25415779/sen-sanders-invites-public-view-film