2016 Presidential Campaign

hillary rodham clinton vs donald john trump who will win?

• hillary rodham clinton

Votes: 12 40.0%
  • donald john trump

Votes: 18 60.0%

• Total voters

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Well folks............it's been a slice but I have to work tomorrow..........with any luck the election will have finally been decided when I awake

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
As of Oct 28th, Hillary was ahead by 7 points in Pennsylvania - Pittsburgh newspaper and others.

Flossy appears to be re-inventing history but I clearly saw even Flossy putting forth poll after poll confirming leads in FL, MI and PA.

Hillary never even bothered to visit or campaign in Wisconsin. Yuge mistake.

You got to go everywhere at least once.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
I might not be the brightest candle on the cake, but isn't the way the trend has been going the past 3 or 4 hours contrary to what you've been ramming down our throats the past 18 months? :)

No, I've always stated the polls were volatile and within the margin of error.

RCP had her from 1-3% and she is in fact, still leading the popular vote right now.

The electoral college has always been different, just like our antiquated parliamentary democracy is different from the popular vote.

He is literally winning the presidency with less support than she has because he is marginally winning many states but taking all the delegates.

It's just as disingenuos as first past the post.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
No, I've always stated the polls were volatile and within the margin of error.

RCP had her from 1-3% and she is in fact, still leading the popular vote right now.

The electoral college has always been different, just like our antiquated parliamentary democracy is different from the popular vote.

He is literally winning the presidency with less support than she has because he is marginally winning many states but taking all the delegates.

It's just as disingenuos as first past the post.

Take a peek at the figures for J.F.K. in 1960!

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
Possible demand for a recount ??

What for?

It's a legitimate figure even if Trump wins.

Democracy needs to evolve because even if you don't like the candidate that wins, it needs to be truly the candidate of the people.

Unfortunately, no matter what slogan Trump throws at you, Americans are going to have some severe buyer's remorse as early as next week.

We would be looking at internal feuding within the Republican party unless he can find some way to stop dividing the country.

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
Depends on the state - if the vote count margin is 1% or so then a recount is required by state law here in Gopherland. Dunno about the exact margin in other states but I know that there are similar laws.

mentalfloss

Jun 28, 2010
Ah, didn't know that.

Either way, I just think they should assume he won now because I really want to see both speeches and go to bed.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
not sure about michigan, but polls for florida and pennsylvania kept going back and forth.

In fact, polls showing the race for the last year were fluctuating wildly.

If anything, the polls did capture part of what this election was all about.

lmao

At present it has low unemployment and was thought to be leaning towards Hillary. Big surprise that it voted against her.

Hyperbole