Things that make Canada great

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Eaglesmack, why would you wish to claim that our pride is false when it is not? Surely we are roughly equally conceited, prideful as the world, but we have the good reason of providence, the justification of luck, and a great debt to the dead.

I do not think having pride in your country is a bad thing at all. I believe that all Canadians should be proud. But it seems as they just can't proud to be Canadian...they have to sling mud south.

If I was to come up with a list titled "Things that make the United States great" you can be darn sure that Canada would not be mentioned. Not once. Not one comparison. No need to.

On the other hand if I was to make a same list and had over 15 items that say "we are better than Canada" this Forum would go bananas.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
The "shots" the U.S. gets are deserved.It constantly meddles in the affairs of other countries.

It is the worlds Bully

Always trying to impose it's bible belt set of morals on everybody else.

It's irresponsible about it's debt.

Your Idea of Democracy is questionable - you only have two parties.

All false oh one who hails from the country that created peacekeeping...i.e "meddling".

Lots of the world has their hand outstretched to the bully.

What debt would you speak of?

Bible Belt morals... Like Clinton morals?

We only have two? Failed.
A country needs more than two parties to have a democracy? Failed again! :lol:

Lester

Council Member
Sep 28, 2007
Ardrossan, Alberta
time

All false oh one who hails from the country that created peacekeeping...i.e "meddling".

Lots of the world has their hand outstretched to the bully. more like sheilding themselves

What debt would you speak of? 9 trillion

Bible Belt morals... Like Clinton morals? no Bush, evangelical zealot

We only have two? Failed. Never hear of any except repub and dem
A country needs more than two parties to have a democracy? Failed again! :lol:

Wake up

data

Nominee Member
Jan 24, 2008
Thuringia
Hi Andem,
I was told, you are an Administrator here.
Why is it, that my "Favourite quote" does not appear below my first post (Zimbabwe), I can not ask you about via PM, there is no members list or moderator list and the whole forum seems to be quite chaotic? Does it introduce the world to some kind of chaotic traditions in canada, named FREEDOM?

karrie

OogedyBoogedy
Jan 6, 2007
bliss
Hi Andem,
I was told, you are an Administrator here.
Why is it, that my "Favourite quote" does not appear below my first post (Zimbabwe), I can not ask you about via PM, there is no members list or moderator list and the whole forum seems to be quite chaotic? Does it introduce the world to some kind of chaotic traditions in canada, named FREEDOM?

Hello data. I am a moderator here, as are other members with green names. Many of the forum functions aren't available to new members until they reach 20 posts or more. It's a security function of the forum to prevent spammers from coming in and PM'ing adverts to members. Post away (an intro thread is a great way to start), and you'll have access to signature and PM functions in no time.

Kreskin

Doctor of Thinkology
Feb 23, 2006
Another thing that makes Canada great --- it has produced some of the greatest pro wrestlers of all time such as Don Leo Jonathan:

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Wrestling/Bios/jonathan.html
Kryste All Mighty, Don Leo Jonathan..he was the man. I haven't thought about him for 25 years. Where do you come up with this stuff Gopher.

My brother-in-law runs into Gene Kiniski quite often. Canadas Greatest Athlete of course.

dancing-loon

House Member
Oct 8, 2007
Hello data. I am a moderator here, as are other members with green names. Many of the forum functions aren't available to new members until they reach 20 posts or more. It's a security function of the forum to prevent spammers from coming in and PM'ing adverts to members. Post away (an intro thread is a great way to start), and you'll have access to signature and PM functions in no time.
Hi, data; I guess I should lead you around and show you how you can get your 20 postings. Btw., I'm German, too, originally, that is! I've lived here for a very long time and I love this country with all my heart!
It was difficult for me too, to warm up to this forum, but there are really great, lovable, adoring and funny people here, right beaver?;-)

Did you noticed, we have a newcomer from Italy here! Perhaps you know each other???;-)

#juan

Hall of Fame Member
Aug 30, 2005
There is something that both countries can be proud of, and that is the "Devil's Brigade" I don't mean that movie.........There was a real "Devil's Brigade" made up of both Canadians and Americans. We don't hear nearly enough about them.
http://tinyurl.com/yp7sqs

Last edited:

Avro

Time Out
Feb 12, 2007
Oshawa
We weren't dumb enough to join the coalition of the willing in the invasion and occupation of Iraq because.....

A proof is a proof and it is not a proof until it is proven.

You may laugh but he was right all along.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Kryste All Mighty, Don Leo Jonathan..he was the man. I haven't thought about him for 25 years. Where do you come up with this stuff Gopher.

My brother-in-law runs into Gene Kiniski quite often. Canadas Greatest Athlete of course.

My wife and Father-in-Law knew Kiniski.

ENGLISH_TITAN

Jan 30, 2008
www.myspace.com
I'm sorry, but what a load of utter rot.
Canadians clearly have a inferiority complex when it comes to the USA, even down to stealing other countries history or achievements. Britain burned the whitehouse and stopped the invasion of Canada by American armies, not Canadians, Bell was born in Scotland, not Canada, Paul Langevin was born in Paris not Canada, and there are a great number of other inaccuracies, most notably the Health and Education systems, which I am sorry to say is ridiculed by Europeans.
As for Canadian soilders during WW2 The British were fighting alone for 2years, Including the Battle of Britain, yes Canadians, Americans etc volenteered, but these were very small numbers in the scheme of things, and the tactics which is what ensured the vastly stronger German airforce were defeated, were created by Douglas Bader, again British born, as were some of the volenteers who had actually moved to Canada or America but came back to defend their home nation.
Having lived in Canada for 3 years, the standard fo living is poor next to Europe, and there is a definate obesity issue there, it seems that countries built on the back of settlers, like Canada and America, are always trying to justify their existence in order to compare to countries with long rich histories.

Reactions: EagleSmack

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
I'm sorry, but what a load of utter rot.
Canadians clearly have a inferiority complex when it comes to the USA, even down to stealing other countries history or achievements. Britain burned the whitehouse and stopped the invasion of Canada by American armies, not Canadians, Bell was born in Scotland, not Canada, Paul Langevin was born in Paris not Canada, and there are a great number of other inaccuracies, most notably the Health and Education systems, which I am sorry to say is ridiculed by Europeans.
As for Canadian soilders during WW2 The British were fighting alone for 2years, Including the Battle of Britain, yes Canadians, Americans etc volenteered, but these were very small numbers in the scheme of things, and the tactics which is what ensured the vastly stronger German airforce were defeated, were created by Douglas Bader, again British born, as were some of the volenteers who had actually moved to Canada or America but came back to defend their home nation.
Having lived in Canada for 3 years, the standard fo living is poor next to Europe, and there is a definate obesity issue there, it seems that countries built on the back of settlers, like Canada and America, are always trying to justify their existence in order to compare to countries with long rich histories.

Comments?