Start of war? 15 Royal Marines and sailors seized by Iranians

westmanguy

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
Harper could easily be seduced by Bush.

And assuming Harper has a majority, we would be at war with Iran.

the USA has a grip on harper :: see:

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
This is a deciding period of world governance and one that the existing system cannot survive. Iran is the key militarily,as seen from the American perspective,Iran can be flattened with nukes in which case both sides lose. I believe Iran will goad the Americans and the British into compounding the stupid mistakes they've already made. The politics on the street in the middle east have changed dramatically over the last five years even the countrys owned and allied to the western powers know that they can no longer sell out the interests of thier own people to the western powers. Israels humiliating defeat by Hezbolla has made it clear that politics and power will become regionally based in the ME and very soon.

Last edited:

tamarin

House Member
Jun 12, 2006
Oshawa ON
"Iran can be flattened with nukes in which case both sides loose."
I don't get it. Loose what? It's a transitive verb. Loose....what?

tamarin

House Member
Jun 12, 2006
Oshawa ON
Herman, you started a spelling and grammar thread lately and it got me thinking. Sometimes errors occur that really do obfuscate meaning. I was just pointing it out. A little exercise in pedantry. Surely, we're all allowed a little kerfluffle now and then, aren't we, Herman?

gopher

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 26, 2005
Minnesota: Gopher State
I have been reading through the Guardian and have not come across any editorials calling for a war against Iran. While Tony B_liar is trying to salvage his failed regime, he cannot muster much popular sentiment for more international conflict.

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
yeah if he goes to war he'll have a bad time at home. Then again he hasnt got much left to lose... who knows what will happen. not us plebs that's for sure. we barely ever know actually DID happen

westmanguy

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
Iran PM on UN sanctions:

"continue negotiations or confrontation"

I am sorry guys, I don't want another war, you don't want another war, know one wants another war, but Iran does want a war.

The Iran threat has been bumped a level... things can only go to ways, Iran negotiates peacefully, or war starts.

Bush and Tony will declare war on Iran, and the cycle will continue...

westmanguy

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
darn you hermann!!!!

I hope we go to war if Iran continues to be defiant, because we can't stand by and let them get nukes

But, I wish war could have been avoided.. which looks like it can't.

Logic 7

Council Member
Jul 17, 2006
Fifteen Royal Marines and sailors seized by Iranians

23rd March 2007

Fifteen British sailors and marines were seized at gunpoint by Iranian forces in the Gulf today.

The men were in two inflatable boats on the Shatt al Arab waterway near Basra (Iraqi waters, not Iranian) when they were surrounded by vessels from the Revolutionary Guard.

On patrol: British marines on Iraq's Shatt al Arab waterway. A group of 15, including sailors, were seized from their boats in the same area today

dailymail.co.uk
---------

Come on, Iran! Bring it on, you ****ing idiots!

You havent learned nothing from iraq war? and on top of it, you are telling them they are idiot, that is very funny.

westmanguy

Council Member
Feb 3, 2007
well they are ****ing idiots.

They want war, we'll give it to them.

Britain never would leave their soldiers in Iran to "avoid war"

Trust me, everything thats happened in the last 2 weeks is pointing to USA + UK declaring war on Iran... and hopefully Canada jumps in this time.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
If I we're the Iranians I would tie the limeys to the nuclear reactor so the Yanks or the Hebs won't bomb it. They were breaking international law and spying in Iran for a beach head, they could be legally shot or hung, especially as eight of the fifteen we're already arrested in Iran three years ago under similar circumstances.:lol:

I like the name you use to call Jewish people. At least you are not trying to hide your anti-semitism any longer.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Iran's news service portrays a very different picture:

http://www2.irna.com/en/news/view/line-203/0703247166165714.htm

quote:

Deputy Commander in Chief of Armed Forces General Staff by confirming arrest of 15 British sailors by Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps (IRGC) naval forces in Iran's territorial waters on Friday March 23, 2007, said the sailors were under interrogation and have confessed violating Iranian territorial water.

Oh well that settles it then. I mean if the Iranian News says that then it MUST be true. I am sure the Sailors and Marines told them what they were told by their interragators to say.