The town of Herouxville, Que., wants immigrants that fit in with its citizens

habsfan4life

Feb 9, 2007
i agree. i dont think they should be allowed to wear those silly clotes either. i always feel sorry for little girls i see with their heads covered. its cruel.

Hi, you really need to think outside of the box. How were you brought up? A Jewish family raises their kids up the way they want. It's all fair and good. The kid does not know what right or wrong so there is no cruelty there. Don't let your emotions control you.

habsfan4life

Feb 9, 2007
Actually, with the breeding rate of Canadians compared to Muslim immigrants, the muslim grandchildren won't need to be Canadian. Canada will be totally Arabic. Homework assignement for you:

Find out what "Ummah" means.
Find out how many Canadian muslim youth (16-24)support Sharia law in this country, as opposed to their parents (40)
Find out how, and why, Islam is the worlds fastest growing religion.
Find the definition of "Dhimmi" and how Dhimmitude is applied in Islamic societies.

Have fun, and either grow a beard or start petitioning for tougher immigration laws.

Only 18% of the Muslim world is Arab. That is a fact :).

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
No, he's not wrong for saying it; what he's saying is wrong. Tradition should count for something. And heritage. And the sacrifice of those who made it possible to preserve both shouldn't be so flagrantly mistreated. You don't throw your nation's past in the dumpster. I like Old Canada. What it stood for. Its values. Its standards. And if change is to come to Canada it should come respectfully and with due attention to genuine democratic process.

Part of the genuine democratic process invarably involves change, we cannot drag all of the values and standards from the past with us, certainly I have respect and love for the things left behind, but this is another time, tradition does count for something but it can't stand in the way of necessitys of today.The sacrifice of our ancestors is routinely forgotten, monuments turn to dust the graves are cultivated the decentents forget and build new realitys.We cannot live in the past no matter how comfortable it is. I remember old Canada differently, its values and standards are not completely what's required for today, much of it still exists in the fabric of the country, but only those parts that serve the time we live in.Evolution is powerful, tradition never wins.Some of our old traditions were not so nice, I would not see them repeated. Wake up it's 2005.:laughing7::laughing7::wave:

sanctus

The Padre
Oct 27, 2006
Ontario
www.poetrypoem.com
I don't know where your from but I'm an ex catholic. And where I live it's on its way out thank God !
Unfortunately this is where religion meets law. Its true Caltholic dominated before and had an influence on laws, but that was the past, its crumbling from within like a political party.
If the question was not to practice they're religion then this would be a communist state.
Its when they take up more place than the next person that bugs me!
It may not help the fact for my sake that I think of religion as a form of brain washing, where its frowned upon to question where your faith is going.
But for those around me that do believe in they're religion I leave them alone with they're faith, just don't ask my opinion of it if you don't like my answer :angry6:

What's on its way out? The Catholic School system? Hardly! It is strong and vibrant, like the public system. It is not going to die out of the country anytime soon.

Or are you talking about the Church? Do you seriously think the Catholic Church is dying out? With over 1 billion members at last count, not in the near future. And making up 65% of those who profess a religious belief in Canada does not suggest it is dying out here anytime soon either.

I assure you, should you reply, I am quite prepared with facts and figures on the state of the Church in this country, or the world.

darleneonfire

Electoral Member
Jan 12, 2007
Ontario
Il Barto, just a word of very friendly advice, I wouldn't take on Sanctus about the Catholic church if I were you.:) I'm not Catholic, but I'd lay my money on him easily:)

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
What's on its way out? The Catholic School system? Hardly! It is strong and vibrant, like the public system. It is not going to die out of the country anytime soon.

Or are you talking about the Church? Do you seriously think the Catholic Church is dying out? With over 1 billion members at last count, not in the near future. And making up 65% of those who profess a religious belief in Canada does not suggest it is dying out here anytime soon either.

I assure you, should you reply, I am quite prepared with facts and figures on the state of the Church in this country, or the world.
I was keeping it in Quebec . Herouxville is not in europe or any other contenant.
here the churches are empting out , that I see here , so debate that!

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
Sanctus. You're new, so I'll be the one to tell you. Sanctus is a Catholic priest, and he is talking about Canada. I think he's in Ontario?
Yeah and I'm from quebec and I am not talking about the churches there. but here!
The catholic church was a puppet master to the french here in the past. Now we're selling the churches for condo's . My personal opinion the catholic church it was based on a lie, a very old one. Forget the bible ,the history of the church is based on manipulation and coruption.
Due to this thred on reasonable accomodation my opinions was pretty much against the muslum and jewish comunity. (where most of the contraversy plays)
but I hear that the true muslim faith (unfortunate for the present bad exposure) is the most tolerant.
With what we hear around the world it's hard to believe but the lines are always blurred when it gets to the TV in our homes.

Sparrow

Council Member
Nov 12, 2006
Quebec
Yes I have read the Koran out of curosity and it does teach tolerance. The ones that bug me are the ones that use it to teach how evil and bad we infidels are.

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
Yes I have read the Koran out of curosity and it does teach tolerance. The ones that bug me are the ones that use it to teach how evil and bad we infidels are.
Yes and many did the same using the bible.
Tell me , the bible is just a bunch of stories where would one get the word of god out of that?

tamarin

House Member
Jun 12, 2006
Oshawa ON
DB, we do have to change. Time won't allow us to stay still. But we also need to feel we are part of the agency that makes those decisions for our nation. Parliaments need to change too. Our government regardless of the party in power still invests far too much power in the office of the leader. Our MP's, our only voice, are silenced when their views (hopefully those that are manifest in their riding) conflict with those of their party. If we are to evolve, surely that evolution should occur on a number of collaborative fronts and occur, as is the wont of democracy, in an inclusive manner.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Sanctus. You're new, so I'll be the one to tell you. Sanctus is a Catholic priest, and he is talking about Canada. I think he's in Ontario?
I don'y know about that. Although the poor man was at a weak point, I did happen to make the priest tell me to "GO F**K YOURSELF".

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I'm a light weight El Barto, there are people here who are considerably better then I.

Juan's pretty darn good, sanctus has his moments, Curiousity is a beacon of passiona and peace, gopher is pretty sharp(when he isn't hiding inuendo or insulting people), ITN is a sharp cookie, Colpy is bang on, darkbeaver has near brought me to my knees, Dexter Sinister is brighter then spot light, and there are mounds of others that are equaly well heeled on their topics of choice. I'm not the end all that for sure, I'm more of an aggressive badger, I knaw away until you give up, lol.

But hey, thanx for the props, I do like a good ego strokin'!