The town of Herouxville, Que., wants immigrants that fit in with its citizens

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
I'm a light weight El Barto, there are people here who are considerably better then I.

Juan's pretty darn good, sanctus has his moments, Curiousity is a beacon of passiona and peace, gopher is pretty sharp(when he isn't hiding inuendo or insulting people), ITN is a sharp cookie, Colpy is bang on, darkbeaver has near brought me to my knees, Dexter Sinister is brighter then spot light, and there are mounds of others that are equaly well heeled on their topics of choice. I'm not the end all that for sure, I'm more of an aggressive badger, I knaw away until you give up, lol.

But hey, thanx for the props, I do like a good ego strokin'!
when I have my hand in the cookie jar and I see a bear coming my way I 'll drop the jar and climb a tree :angel8:

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
I feel bad now, I forgot my favourite spiritual leader...

selfactivated!!!

My bad, sorry self.

Good call el barto, I can't climb, well I can, but I'm to fat and lazy.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
lol

Now that I have hijacked the thread, I guess i should post sumfin about this lil Kebec town...

Good on ya guys!!!

Thanx for proving my point about the Quebecouis. I can ever so slightly agree withe the premice of the code, but it does go a long way to prove me right.

YEAY!!!

Numure

Council Member
Apr 30, 2004
Montréal, Québec
What's on its way out? The Catholic School system? Hardly! It is strong and vibrant, like the public system. It is not going to die out of the country anytime soon.

Or are you talking about the Church? Do you seriously think the Catholic Church is dying out? With over 1 billion members at last count, not in the near future. And making up 65% of those who profess a religious belief in Canada does not suggest it is dying out here anytime soon either.

I assure you, should you reply, I am quite prepared with facts and figures on the state of the Church in this country, or the world.

I think he was talking about Québec. And in fact, he was correct, for here.

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
I think he was talking about Québec. And in fact, he was correct, for here.
are you nuts!
The priest that does the services here in this town has 8 other to go to.
the other town sold there church. There's no other priest to replace him if he goes.

CDNBear

Custom Troll
Sep 24, 2006
Ontario
Who, Me???(innocent stupid looking look on his face)
lmao!

No worries padre, I said 2000 hail Mary's for ya and I feel great now. I tried to do what you told me, but I couldn't. That's probably for the better though, I'ld never leave the house if I could!!!

sanctus

The Padre
Oct 27, 2006
Ontario
www.poetrypoem.com
I was keeping it in Quebec . Herouxville is not in europe or any other contenant.
here the churches are empting out , that I see here , so debate that!

The Church in Quebec, like most of Canada, is in a process of realingement, but it is not yet ready to bite the dust. Statcan gives the population of the province as just over 7 million people, 51/2 million of which identify themselves as Catholic. Masses are well attended, and in fact there is a slight increase in attendance the past few years. The school system is still full of children, and the dioceses are reporting an increase in vocations to the priesthood. We have been over the worst, and are heading towards a stabilization in the Church in Canada.

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
lmao!

No worries padre, I said 2000 hail Mary's for ya and I feel great now. I tried to do what you told me, but I couldn't. That's probably for the better though, I'ld never leave the house if I could!!!
hey Bear is this the "Winnie the Pooh " side of you coming out lol:laughing7:
Sanctus I tellya my own eyes tell me a different story. The local news say different too. Churches are being sold here . Don't make me get the news clipping to prove it! They're sold because nobody goes to them , so no money no funny. Theres no body with there head in the sand over hear. So you can Quote till your blue in the face but it doesn't change the fact of what I hear and see around me. Thats it thats all folks......sorry
propeganda or not your not here to see it.:evil3:

RomSpaceKnight

Council Member
Oct 30, 2006
London, Ont. Canada
Stabilization is not growth. Might be closer to stagnation. The every increasing demands of modern life and free market capitalism are eroding the membership of practically all organized religions. How many write themselves in as RC, Anglican, Muslim, Jewish or Dutch Reform during applicable surveys and have not attended service since leaving home as young adults?

sanctus

The Padre
Oct 27, 2006
Ontario
www.poetrypoem.com
hey Bear is this the "Winnie the Pooh " side of you coming out lol:laughing7:
Sanctus I tellya my own eyes tell me a different story. The local news say different too. Churches are being sold here . Don't make me get the news clipping to prove it! They're sold because nobody goes to them , so no money no funny. Theres no body with there head in the sand over hear. So you can Quote till your blue in the face but it doesn't change the fact of what I hear and see around me. Thats it thats all folks......sorry
propeganda or not your not here to see it.:evil3:

They are sold, like here, because of the enormous cost of maintaining old buildings in the modern world. Of the 65% or more of the Canadian population that identifies itself as being Catholic, over 56% attend Mass at least once a month. Granted, this is generally because of the tie in with the Church and the Catholic School system.

sanctus

The Padre
Oct 27, 2006
Ontario
www.poetrypoem.com
Stabilization is not growth. Might be closer to stagnation. The every increasing demands of modern life and free market capitalism are eroding the membership of practically all organized religions. How many write themselves in as RC, Anglican, Muslim, Jewish or Dutch Reform during applicable surveys and have not attended service since leaving home as young adults?

Millions report themselves as members of denominations of which they do not actively participate, saddly. My personal opinion, one I get into hot water for everytime I share it with Church people, is that if you do not attend or take part in any activities of the Church, you have no business calling yourself RC.

Stabilizing though, after a twenty year period of decline.For the first time in these past years, vocations to the priesthood are starting to rise again, a sure sign of positive formation in the parishes.

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
Millions report themselves as members of denominations of which they do not actively participate, saddly. My personal opinion, one I get into hot water for everytime I share it with Church people, is that if you do not attend or take part in any activities of the Church, you have no business calling yourself RC.

Stabilizing though, after a twenty year period of decline.For the first time in these past years, vocations to the priesthood are starting to rise again, a sure sign of positive formation in the parishes.
stabilized because there's no one else in the church....lol
It would go up if you would let gay's get married there..
and let women and homosexuals as priests... oh wait you do let homosexuals in , just that we find out after in the court rooms .........

RomSpaceKnight

Council Member
Oct 30, 2006
London, Ont. Canada
stabilized because there's no one else in the church....lol
It would go up if you would let gay's get married there..
and let women and homosexuals as priests... oh wait you do let homosexuals in , just that we find out after in the court rooms .........

Homosexuals are not pedophiles. Pedophiles may be homosexual but not always. That is not an acceptable generalization of gay men or women. Are gay men not allowed to be priest but must remain celibate?

marygaspe

Electoral Member
Jan 19, 2007
Homosexuals are not pedophiles. Pedophiles may be homosexual but not always. That is not an acceptable generalization of gay men or women. Are gay men not allowed to be priest but must remain celibate?

No. Our former Pope changed the entrance rules. Now, any man with a predisposition for homosexual attraction is not to be accepted for the priesthood.