The town of Herouxville, Que., wants immigrants that fit in with its citizens

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
i agree that too many immigrants at once can be bad for a country. but how do you regulate it? who can you allow and who disallow? it's a difficult judgement to make without being racist or pissing people off

ottawabill

Electoral Member
May 27, 2005
Eastern Ontario
Don't know about that, but I for one am suggesting our government should put a cap on just how many are coming over. We have enough now, please and thank you!

I sorta agree, whereas I don't believe that we so much need a cap we do nedd to be able to tell new immigrants where to settle. Fort McMurray is dieing for workers while most of our new immigrates land in Toronto, Vancouver or Ottawa...where there is not the work, to much ghettoization.

Why would it be so terrible to tell newcommers, this is a great country but this is where we need you talents... be a good citezen, work there for 5 years and then you are free to go anywhere in Canada..we have graduated drivers licences..why not graduated citizenship?

tamarin

House Member
Jun 12, 2006
Oshawa ON
It's obviously a judgment that's easily made by the great majority of the world's countries. We're so tied up in PC knots that other countries refuse to tie that we've become this laughingstock. I haven't heard of the Chinese having a problem controlling their borders or selecting immigrants. Or Japan. Canada must not become a dumping ground for the world's problems. We have to be choosy. And make sure the families of immigrants are as well educated and law abiding as their key entrant. Good start!

marygaspe

Electoral Member
Jan 19, 2007
I sorta agree, whereas I don't believe that we so much need a cap we do nedd to be able to tell new immigrants where to settle. Fort McMurray is dieing for workers while most of our new immigrates land in Toronto, Vancouver or Ottawa...where there is not the work, to much ghettoization.

Why would it be so terrible to tell newcommers, this is a great country but this is where we need you talents... be a good citezen, work there for 5 years and then you are free to go anywhere in Canada..we have graduated drivers licences..why not graduated citizenship?

Good idea. I live about an hour away from Windsor, another Ontario city they seem to flock to. When we go shopping in windsor, I feel like I've entered Saudia Arabia sometimes!

ottawabill

Electoral Member
May 27, 2005
Eastern Ontario
Good idea. I live about an hour away from Windsor, another Ontario city they seem to flock to. When we go shopping in windsor, I feel like I've entered Saudia Arabia sometimes!

That's exactly the problem with ghettos, it allows everyone to act the same as "back in the old country" that and our Multi-cultural policies.

I live an hour south of Ottawa, in the small towns around me we do have visible minorities...people how learn the language, open stores to serve everyone, give money to local charities, practise their religon..you know the stuff everyone else does....there is nothing wrong with a melting pot.....there is only something wrong with true racism.. Hating someone because of colour..

My wife is Asian, I an standard white, my kids are both...we have no proplem where we live,,why? cause we act like everyone else...just may not look it.

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!

speaking as an atypical immigrant, what would have happened to me? i'd probably get mashed to peices trying to work on the rigs in fort mac. i'm much more useful down here at the U of A.

Zzarchov

House Member
Aug 28, 2006
I think people are forgetting the reason for immigration.

Canada should not be allowing Immigrants "just because". I don't care where the immigrants are from, be they Australian, British, Chinese or Arabic.

A society should only allow new people in when they are needed. Businesses don't give people jobs and paychecks if they don't need them.

We need more workers, we do not need more workers in the big cities. We need them in small towns.

When my grandparents immigrated they were not allowed to immediately move into a city, they had to work on a farm.

And they didn't bitch about it, it wasn't unfair. Canada had something they wanted, So they gave something to Canada it needed (Rural Workers), its a trade. Once you have paid your dues then you get the reward.

And would it really be so bad to have rural Canada exposed to foriegn cultures?

ottawabill

Electoral Member
May 27, 2005
Eastern Ontario
speaking as an atypical immigrant, what would have happened to me? i'd probably get mashed to peices trying to work on the rigs in fort mac. i'm much more useful down here at the U of A.
yeesch,,just an example ok!!! all I'm getting at is ..we need people in certain areas of Canada whats wrong with having people go where they are needed...

hermanntrude

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jun 23, 2006
Newfoundland!
no problem at all. just imagining how it'd all work out. Probably it's a good idea but it'd need a lot of admin. write to your MP maybe? could be an idea worth putting forward

ottawabill

Electoral Member
May 27, 2005
Eastern Ontario
need a majority government first...btw I also think we should do that for Med school as well..maybe we even pay part/all the Med school bills if a Doctor is willing to go work in a northern or rural area requireing Doctors for say 5 years...good deal to get your education..the small community gets a doctor, and the Doctor is still free to start a good practise in the city 5 years later...

sanctus

The Padre
Oct 27, 2006
Ontario
www.poetrypoem.com
That's exactly the problem with ghettos, it allows everyone to act the same as "back in the old country" that and our Multi-cultural policies.

I live an hour south of Ottawa, in the small towns around me we do have visible minorities...people how learn the language, open stores to serve everyone, give money to local charities, practise their religon..you know the stuff everyone else does....there is nothing wrong with a melting pot.....there is only something wrong with true racism.. Hating someone because of colour..

My wife is Asian, I an standard white, my kids are both...we have no proplem where we live,,why? cause we act like everyone else...just may not look it.

What sort of Asian? My wife is Filipino, so I have some experience in what you write about.

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
okay, im just asking so everybody take a downer..im not saying i support it, but just cuious, so what is lots of muslims move to canada? i mean, as long as they obey the laws who cares what religion they are??again, just asking!!!!
Really this thing is not so much against religion but the room they take in a community " move aside we are here!" attitude. Women have fought for there rights here. the jews were allowed to seat in the quebec parliment way before anywhere else in Canada.
If we were to move to there country, we'd have alot of rules and ways to abide to. and we would not argue it!
In the news -a muslum women aplied for her drivers licence and the photo she wore a berka!
-A jewish sect (name I forget) asked the YMCA to tint there window so to not see the women exercising in there tights.
-An ambulance driver was not allowed to eat his ham sandwich at the Jewish hospital , it was not 'kosher' . That hospital is paid by public funds
This is getting out of hand .We don't need to excuse our selves for what we are .We should assume who we are!

m_levesque

Electoral Member
Dec 18, 2006
Montreal, Quebec
Really this thing is not so much against religion but the room they take in a community " move aside we are here!" attitude. Women have fought for there rights here. the jews were allowed to seat in the quebec parliment way before anywhere else in Canada.
If we were to move to there country, we'd have alot of rules and ways to abide to. and we would not argue it!
In the news -a muslum women aplied for her drivers licence and the photo she wore a berka!
-A jewish sect (name I forget) asked the YMCA to tint there window so to not see the women exercising in there tights.
-An ambulance driver was not allowed to eat his ham sandwich at the Jewish hospital , it was not 'kosher' . That hospital is paid by public funds
This is getting out of hand .We don't need to excuse our selves for what we are .We should assume who we are!

Mon Dieu! We have more to worry about from the damned English than muslims.

Sparrow

Council Member
Nov 12, 2006
Quebec
You better wake up and change you mind because if you don't you will realize that there are many more Muslins than damned English and you will soon loose you precious Quebecois way of life. You should read the real true history of Quebec and not that trumped up version taught in schools.

darleneonfire

Electoral Member
Jan 12, 2007
Ontario
You better wake up and change you mind because if you don't you will realize that there are many more Muslins than damned English and you will soon loose you precious Quebecois way of life. You should read the real true history of Quebec and not that trumped up version taught in schools.

I think that is a bit of an overstatement. Statscan reports the numbers of Muslims in Canada at around 500,000, hardly an overhwelming majority:)

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
Mon Dieu! We have more to worry about from the damned English than muslims.
hey Buddy I am french a quebecer to be precise not that overseas type.
The english is not the problem in this provence (get with the times)
When the Americans attacked the English in Quebec we had the english fight with the americans, the indians fight every where , and the french fighting with the English and the Americans with the rest watching or proffiting from it all! Quebecers helped and hindered this country !:evil3: :tool:

dude1981

Feb 9, 2007
LONDON, ON.
hey Buddy I am french a quebecer to be precise not that overseas type.
The english is not the problem in this provence (get with the times)
When the Americans attacked the English in Quebec we had the english fight with the americans, the indians fight every where , and the french fighting with the English and the Americans with the rest watching or proffiting from it all! Quebecers helped and hindered this country !:evil3: :tool:

So, what do we do...round up all the muslims and put them in special camps? Maybe we can put them next door to the Natives? I mean, either we let people come here or we don't. who gives a sh*t what religion they are anyway as long as they make good citizens?

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
So, what do we do...round up all the muslims and put them in special camps? Maybe we can put them next door to the Natives? I mean, either we let people come here or we don't. who gives a sh*t what religion they are anyway as long as they make good citizens?
Put it this way. You invite someone in your house. He emptys your fridge of everything he doesn't eat and asks you to buy the food he eats. He tells you to maybe cover up your wife. and so on...
Its not a question of being racist but not being pushed over by any unsupportable demands. A kid wears a karpan as a religious symbol (knife ) to school. Well darn a knife is a knife and weapons aren't alowed in schools. Thats the type of demands that we have to say NO to!
Well hows this.....Americans can carry hand guns with a permit in the US. Correct me if I'm wrong but he can't carry that hand gun up here.
Herrouxville satirized the situation true. Things are getting out of hand . France has such laws as we should look at and apply.

Mr.Roboto

Ballroom dancing champion
Nov 24, 2006
Quebec City
True, if I keep up with your house guess situation, its like if you have no smokers in your house, and you don't want people to smoke in it. Then you have a guess that comes in, and first thing he does is light up the cigarette. He claims that in is house, everybody is free to smoke as much as they want...so i'm supposed to let him smoke in my house, or do I say to him you don't smoke in my house, don't like it, go back home?

Imagine I went to live in Iran and told them that my wife is free to walk outside in whatever dress she wants. Yes, that will go unoticed with the locals for shure...

El Barto

les fesses a l'aire
Feb 11, 2007
Quebec
True, if I keep up with your house guess situation, its like if you have no smokers in your house, and you don't want people to smoke in it. Then you have a guess that comes in, and first thing he does is light up the cigarette. He claims that in is house, everybody is free to smoke as much as they want...so i'm supposed to let him smoke in my house, or do I say to him you don't smoke in my house, don't like it, go back home?

Imagine I went to live in Iran and told them that my wife is free to walk outside in whatever dress she wants. Yes, that will go unoticed with the locals for shure...
Thats an excelant example, except that if the smoker has the option of being a good guest and put his smoke out or to go home if he doesn't like it.
But what gets people up in arms is the going home part which blurrs the subject.
What bugs me is they use our own laws and courts to get they're own way.
Its the accomodations, thats what the problem is, every one should be on an even field.
Wearing a knife at school, Wearing a berka while driving or as your picture for your liscence.Anyways I could go on with examples but where things get on a religious level it's because it is those religions that demand these things!:munky2: