Hamas attacks Israel

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
(Canadian military intelligence has now determined “with a high degree of confidence” that the strike on the hospital was “caused by an errant rocket fired from Gaza.” The news was announced Saturday in a statement by Bill Blair, minister for national defence.)
You dont need an expert in rocket appliances to see car windows 7m away still intact.

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
True.

And too bad, so sad, the land already had people on it.

Like every other time the ignorance of Europeans got involved, politics of a region and the ethnicity of it didn't matter. All that mattered was 'dumping' those they needed to dump.
A percentage of the population was already of Jewish descent, so it wasn't really dumping

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
True.

And too bad, so sad, the land already had people on it.

Like every other time the ignorance of Europeans got involved, politics of a region and the ethnicity of it didn't matter. All that mattered was 'dumping' those they needed to dump.
That and renting their (the Jews) loyalty for WW1. Took ‘till after WW2 for the Brits to live up to their end of that deal.
1698085505900.jpeg

Reactions: Twin_Moose

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
A percentage of the population was already of Jewish descent, so it wasn't really dumping

Sure.

But it wasn't their land.

The When the Brits took over, they 'dumped', as you put it, Jewish people more and more to supplant the Palestinian Arabs. Until after WWII when World Guilt pushed the issue.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Where should the Brits (or Americans, or the Germans, etc…) have “dumped” the Jews in 1947 after promising them this in 1917 or whatever? Madagascar or Alaska were two other potentials I’ve read about recently.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Where should the Brits (or Americans, or the Germans, etc…) have “dumped” the Jews in 1947 after promising them this in 1917 or whatever? Madagascar or Alaska were two other potentials I’ve read about recently.

First off, the Brits, nor anyone, should have made that kind of promise.

Second, (because we also shouldn't be surprised), they should have done a LOT more than just 'dumped' them.

It's a huge rabbit hole; you sure you wanna go down that?

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
First off, the Brits, nor anyone, should have made that kind of promise.

Second, (because we also shouldn't be surprised), they should have done a LOT more than just 'dumped' them.

It's a huge rabbit hole; you sure you wanna go down that?
Was just curious. Even with the Germans losing WW2 (& WW1), they (Jews) weren’t very welcome in much of Europe. Probably safer for them in Israel even with all the neighbours hating them for just existing.

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
Sure.

The When the Brits took over, they 'dumped', as you put it, Jewish people more and more to supplant the Palestinian Arabs. Until after WWII when World Guilt pushed the issue.
I never said dumped I said added to the existing population that were already there

Where would you have granted them asylum after witnessing 6 million murdered in Europe through to Eastern Europe and a world lingering from anti Semitism even Canada and the US refused to grant the Jewish people asylum when they landed on our shores during WWII

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
I never said dumped I said added to the existing population that were already there

What Ron said; sorry I attributed Ron's to you TM.

Where would you have granted them asylum after witnessing 6 million murdered in Europe through to Eastern Europe and a world lingering from anti Semitism even Canada and the US refused to grant the Jewish people asylum when they landed on our shores during WWII

I'll answer the "Where would I" after.

But you point out here EXACTLY my point: World guilt over the Holocaust caused this. There was no genuine concern over the Jewish people and giving them hep before and during WWII, or a homeland what so ever after the fact.

Guilt did it.

Giving them asylum across the world vs giving them already occupied territory that they KNEW would instigate problems are two different things.

I think we can all agree that the Jewish people have always wanted 'a homeland'. That homeland, as they believe, is Israel, which is where it is current day. However it was NOT their land at this point in time. They got the land because the British gave it to them. WAS there anywhere else in the world that the Jewish people could have been given, and not caused an issue? Probably not because, as you said, Anti-Semitism. People the world over were taught/pushed to "hate Jews". Hell, today that's STILL a thing.

But, and this is the crux of it all, even if there was, no one would have been willing to look for one. Because, again, World Guilt.

The world "owed it" to the Jews to "give" them Israel, because of what happened.

But not only was tossing the Jewish people into "Israel" part of World Guilt, it in its own way "killed two birds with one stone". It put the Jews into an area of the world no one gave a shit about really, and opened them to conflict that anyone with half a brain knew would happen (since they were warned beforehand), which to me signals that those in charge of things HOPED there would be conflict and then, if the Jews were wiped out fighting for 'their homeland', well that's more legit than what happened in WWII.

Yeah, I am THAT highly doubtful of the "purity" of what was given to the Jews after WWII.

Only what happened was the Jewish people fought back, and fucking held their own. Against the dirty, sand dwelling "Rag heads". So now oh shit, they've got an ally to keep in the region as a counter to Islam. Now they have to support the fuck out of Israel so it keeps being a buffer zone...

And so on until you get to today.

So, "where would I have given them asylum?"

Real asylum would have come from every Allied nation.

Had the world actually gave a shit, there would have been careful thought and YEARS of preparation of anywhere that they wanted to 'ship' the Jews off to.

Until then if you were Jewish and survived the war, you were given opportunity to be in any of the allied countries without issue.

THAT is what real asylum would have been for the Jews.

And a homeland could have been worked on.

But that homeland might not have been in the Middle East.

And that wouldn't have fit in with the 'plans' of people of the day.

Reactions: Ron in Regina

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Sure.

The land the Jews were "dumped" in was not really ever Palestinian. It was British. Before that it belonged to the Ottomans. Before that the Romans. There was not a Palestinian homeland that was displaced.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
She was kicked out of the NDP because she failed to follow NDP policy or listen to the instructions of the leader. She has a choice, she took it, now she is independent.

Okay, what policy did she fail to follow?

What instructions did she fail to follow?

And according to the leader, what work has she undermind? What trust was broken? How has she made work environments unsafe?

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
The land the Jews were "dumped" in was not really ever Palestinian.

Palestinians lived there.

Ergo, it was Palestinian lands.

Or do we really want to get into that level of semantics?

It was British. Before that it belonged to the Ottomans. Before that the Romans.

Sure.

There was not a Palestinian homeland that was displaced.

Yes, there was. Just because Colonizing European nations had 'ownership', doesn't mean it still wasn't Palestinian lands.

Again, you want to go down that rabbit hole of semantics?