WE really need to get rid of this guy

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
Taken more seriously by whom? The Government that’s in power that China was advocating for? The Non-Opposition Opposition that’s not real opposition in the non-Coalition Coalition that’s propping up the Government that China was advocating for? Combined, they’re the majority NDP/Liberals….
Do you really need to ask? Seriously? It needs to be taken seriously by everyone, especially our politicians.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
The proof is out, and the jig is up: China’s government interfered in two Canadian federal elections. It did so aggressively and with tangible results.
1677004116431.jpeg
According to CSIS documents obtained by the Globe and Mail, Chinese Communist Party (CCP) operatives orchestrated cash donations to political campaigns, had business owners hire “volunteers” for specific election campaigns and boasted that it’s “easy to influence Chinese immigrants to agree with the PRC’s stance.”

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau downplayed the CSIS reports and said the leaked documents are a sign that the organization needs to review its internal security measures.
1677004711885.jpeg
To say this is pathetic is an understatement. Unless Trudeau takes immediate and decisive action to stop this interference, he will not only fail to rebuild his tattered credibility on national security, he will undermine the very democracy he purports to serve.
1677004578022.jpeg

Yet this is being held up, at least in part, because Trudeau does not want to be labelled a racist. Public Safety Minister Marco Mendocino has already mused that a foreign agents registry might stigmatize communities who have felt targeted by security agencies in the past.
1677004478468.jpeg

What must be made clear is that these measures do not target Chinese-Canadians. They target the foreign government that wants to abuse them. Standing up to the CCP in 2023 is no different than calling out the U.S.S.R. in 1983. It’s not about race, it’s about rights: the right to vote the way one chooses, without manipulation — or fear.

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
OTTAWA – A Liberal MP accused Conservatives of using “Trump-type tactics” in questioning past election results amid new reports of Chinese interference in the 2021 election, during a committee meeting tasked with examining the issue on Tuesday.
Jennifer O’Connell made those inflammatory comments as MPs were recalled during Parliament’s two-week break to consider extending the committee’s mandate to include revelations made by the Globe and Mail that Beijing had actively worked to secure a Liberal minority government in 2021 and defeat a number of Conservative candidates.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
According to CSIS documents obtained by the Globe and Mail, Chinese Communist Party (CCP) operatives orchestrated cash donations to political campaigns, had business owners hire “volunteers” for specific election campaigns and boasted that it’s “easy to influence Chinese immigrants to agree with the PRC’s stance.”

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau downplayed the CSIS reports and said the leaked documents are a sign that the organization needs to review its internal security measures.
Is orchestration against the law in Canada?

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Somebody with more time on their hands on the weekdays can fish into that. My time until the weekend is pretty limited. A good place to start would be about page 480 (section 19) here:
I'm waiting for either side to cite a section from that document, and make an argument that it was violated. Until that happens, this is just political bullshit.

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
I'm waiting for either side to cite a section from that document, and make an argument that it was violated. Until that happens, this is just political bullshit.
Again, my time on the weekdays is very limited. Mornings on the weekend before other people are awake… I have more time to play. If somebody wants to step up to the plate at the above link, a good place to start would be right about here:
1677070390454.jpeg
Now it’s been reported that the 11 candidates who received illegal, if secret, donations in 2019 broke down as nine Liberals and two Conservatives seen as friendly to Beijing…& these donations came through a cut out from the Chinese Government…would that be illegal?

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
Nobody? I’m on the tail end of my lunch break here.
When your party stands accused of benefitting from foreign election interference, blocking a Commons committee from hearing from witness or seeing documents, it isn’t a good look.

Yet, that’s what the Trudeau Liberals were doing on Tuesday as MPs looked for answers on new reports of Chinese election interference.

Top secret CSIS documents viewed by the Globe and Mail and reported on last week detailed China’s attempt to interfere in the 2021 campaign to ensure a Liberal victory.

MPs wanted to expand their existing study on China’s election interference to include the 2021 campaign and Conservative MP Michael Cooper tabled a motion calling for Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s chief of staff, Katie Telford, to appear and for all relevant documents from the PMO to be provided to the committee.

That was too much for Liberal MP Jennifer O’Connell, who accused the Conservatives of reckless and Trump-like tactics?

“While the Conservatives want to look at these documents, I’m sure that People’s Republic of China would also love to get their hands on the secret top secret CSIS documents,” O’Connell said?

So, wait, there are documents that have relevant information and the Liberals don’t want to let elected Canadian officials see them because they are worried China might find out what we know about their election meddling?

I will try and circle back to this time permitting on one of the mornings on the weekend. Figured I had a good start for somebody who felt ambitious and had some time on their hands.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Nobody? I’m on the tail end of my lunch break here.
When your party stands accused of benefitting from foreign election interference, blocking a Commons committee from hearing from witness or seeing documents, it isn’t a good look.

Yet, that’s what the Trudeau Liberals were doing on Tuesday as MPs looked for answers on new reports of Chinese election interference.

Top secret CSIS documents viewed by the Globe and Mail and reported on last week detailed China’s attempt to interfere in the 2021 campaign to ensure a Liberal victory.

MPs wanted to expand their existing study on China’s election interference to include the 2021 campaign and Conservative MP Michael Cooper tabled a motion calling for Prime Minister Justin Trudeau’s chief of staff, Katie Telford, to appear and for all relevant documents from the PMO to be provided to the committee.

That was too much for Liberal MP Jennifer O’Connell, who accused the Conservatives of reckless and Trump-like tactics?

“While the Conservatives want to look at these documents, I’m sure that People’s Republic of China would also love to get their hands on the secret top secret CSIS documents,” O’Connell said?

So, wait, there are documents that have relevant information and the Liberals don’t want to let elected Canadian officials see them because they are worried China might find out what we know about their election meddling?

I will try and circle back to this time permitting on one of the mornings on the weekend. Figured I had a good start for somebody who felt ambitious and had some time on their hands.
Sorry Ron can’t struggle through pages of legalese , it would make my head pop.

Reactions: Taxslave2

Ron in Regina

Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
OTTAWA – Prime Minister Justin Trudeau claims there are “many inaccuracies” in the leaked documents from Canada’s national intelligence agency in recent days about China’s attempts to influence the 2021 federal election, but didn’t specify what exactly was inaccurate.

The Prime Minister’s office was not able to clarify which information that has appeared in media reports in recent days was inaccurate, citing privacy considerations.

The secret and top-secret documents revealed, among other things, how Chinese diplomats were working to re-elect the Liberals in 2021, but only for a minority government, and worked to defeat Conservative candidates that they thought were unfriendly to Beijing.

When the SNC-Lavalin affair first broke in the pages of the Globe and Mail in 2019, he claimed the allegations that his office had pressured former attorney general Jody Wilson-Raybould to offer a deferred prosecution agreement to the Montreal construction company were “false.”

“Neither the current nor the previous attorney general was ever directed by me nor anyone in my office to take a decision in this matter,” he said at the time.

Trudeau also denied claims from Global News last year that he had been briefed by Canadian intelligence officials about allegations of federal election candidates having received funds from Beijing in the 2019 election.

A parliamentary committee is currently looking into the allegations of Chinese interference in the 2019 election, and has expanded its study to include the 2021 election as well.