2SLGBTQQIA+

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
So the proposal was to make sure parents know what's happening with their children.

My god - what pure evil.

And the response was "It might be somehow dangerous if the parents find out the child is transgender or gay, so our solution is to keep them in that home where they're unsafe hiding the truth and pray the parents don't find out some other way and become furious at being deceived rather than take other action that might actually keep the children safe".

Seems pretty obvious to me they don't ACTUALLY fear for the kids safety in the slightest. Councilling the children to attempt to 'lie their way to safety" is not a sane answer.

In any case, kids walking out of school isn't a protest. Kids love to be out of school. IF they wanted to actually protest they'd stay IN the school so the teachers and staff couldn't leave and do extra homework. THAT would show they care. Walking out of school would be like me taking a day off work with pay and going fishing or hunting "in protest". Hell i'd protest every day if i thought i could get away with THAT :)

Reactions: Taxslave2

Taxslave2

House Member
Aug 13, 2022

"“Many students have supporting parents, and they can go home to supportive homes, but there’s also students where school is their safe place. And, if we take that away from them, by taking away their privacy, that can really harm them,” said Banner.

Youngkin’s proposed changes have focused on parents having more control over gender issues discussed with their children."

Good on the students sticking with their friends who may be in danger if they are 'outed' to parents who don't give a flying fig about them if they're anything but their ideas of 'male/female'.

Oh, and just in case...

"Banner doesn’t totally disagree with Youngkin on parents being in the loop. “Yes, I agree that parents do need to know what’s happening in their [children’s] schools,” they said, “but transgender teens, non-binary teens, other people of the queer community, they really need to have that safety.”

Starting high school is a challenge for all students, including transgender ones, Banner said. “I was mainly trying to figure out what was going on, and figuring out high school, figuring out myself, and finding friends.”

Asked if there might be a middle ground between the current policies and Youngkin’s new proposals, Banner said, “There probably could be.”

“We need to be able to keep that privacy, because then people can figure themselves out, and when they feel safe, they can go and talk to their parents,” they said.

“It’s really important that we have that freedom, and yes, there could probably be some sort of middle area, but we don’t quite know what that would be yet.”"

It's a balance the kids and parents have to figure out, where parents get to be involved and informed, but kids are safe.

Hopefully suggestions - legitimate ones - are made and a middle ground can be found.
Middle ground would mean walking back a lot of woke ideas and repair the damage they have done.

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
Yes, woke ideas... having kids actually surviving and not having to worry about their parents freaking out and doing Gods know what to them. So woke.
Yes, and you're so concerned about it you'd rather they stay in that home lying to their parents who might find out at any time and be even more pissed and freak out worse. Careful now, you're hypocrisy is showing.

harrylee

Man of Memes
Mar 22, 2019
Ontario
Yes, and you're so concerned about it you'd rather they stay in that home lying to their parents who might find out at any time and be even more pissed and freak out worse. Careful now, you're hypocrisy is showing.
Oh come on now. There are some great parents out there that would understand and let a 7 year old decide that they want to mutilate their bodies as their teacher said they should.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Oh come on now. There are some great parents out there that would understand and let a 7 year old decide that they want to mutilate their bodies as their teacher said they should.

Oh come on now. You're spreading absolute bullshit for some reason about 7 year olds 'mutilating their bodies', let alone that teachers are 'saying they should'.

It's people like you that make those kids, whatever their ages, fear coming out and why the issue is such a big deal to begin with.

harrylee

Man of Memes
Mar 22, 2019
Ontario
Obviously you never read or listen to what goes on in this world......Sorry, but a kid that age or whatever their age is doesn't have the maturity to decide those things. When adults start cramming this gender shit down their throats at a young age is where the problems start. Let them be fucking kids and leave sex and gender out of their lives until they are old enough to realize what is going on........And, it's people like YOU that are fucking up this world as bad as it is.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Obviously you never read or listen to what goes on in this world......

Nah, pretty sure that's you.

Sorry, but a kid that age or whatever their age is doesn't have the maturity to decide those things. When adults start cramming this gender shit down their throats at a young age is where the problems start. Let them be fucking kids and leave sex and gender out of their lives until they are old enough to realize what is going on........And, it's people like YOU that are fucking up this world as bad as it is.

So, you're doing a great job showing you don't read or listen to goes on in this world. Keep at it!

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
Well sadly that's probably true but more importantly i'm pretty sure the parents who DID disagree with it wouldn't harm the child as a rule just because they suggested it. And if there really WERE concerns about that then shouldn't we be looking to that kid's safety already?

And as far as teens go, i get that some people's parents may freak out if their kid comes out gay or trans but again, counseling them to lie to their parents and risk discovery seems like a bad idea if we're concerned about violence. Seems like there's better ways to handle it, and parents do deserve to know what's going on with their kids.

Reactions: Ron in Regina

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Yes like keeping perverts from the classroom. You know, the things people with kids worry about.

How many 'perverts' are in classrooms? Got a number?

Oh and yes, I agree, teachers that prey on students should NOT be teaching and, depending on the age of the student (case a teen is different than a kid under 12; kid under 12 is disgusting, horrible, 12-16 is disgusting and horrible, over 16 is disgusting and horrible, 18 is abuse of power), sit in jail for a long ass time, castrated/hysterectomy-ed...

That is child abuse, plain and simple, and abuse of power dynamics.

But as much as there is whining about teachers grom - er, I mean, grooming - kids, it's a fear the right is using to terrify parents into stupid shit like this.

Kids know from early ages that they're not the right genders. If their parents are assholes - like many can be - kids are terrified to come out as it leads to things like Religious condemnations, places where they're sent to be 'fixed', absolute denial of that kid's reality which leads to more confusion, pain and pushes kids to suicide.

And your "things people with kids worry about" implication that I don't 'worry' because I don't have kids is as usual, absolute bullshit. It's just I care about ALL kids, while some seem to care only if the kid follows what they dictate should be their lives and what is "normal" to them. So there's a BIG difference.

While I don't know what the solution is for this situation, these are KIDS going through this, with possible parents who will be horribly abusive IF they come out to them. Those parents may appear loving and kind and everything to others, so long as their kid is 'normal', but suggest that they're gay, bi, trans or anything else, that kid's life becomes hell. Sometimes just one parent, sometimes both. Sadly, a parent reacting 'badly' to their kid coming out is not an excuse or reason - right now - for CPS to be involved. If it was, more kids would likely be in protective services (which isn't a solution either).

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
So you can't prove it. At least admit it and say you're saying it because you despise anyone that isn't the 'standard' male/female.
I just did - so unless you can prove otherwise you're a hypocrite and a liar So... which is it, do you have different evidence or not?

Reactions: Taxslave2