CRT in schools

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
You do know that gender and race are not the same, right?

Why bring this up in a thread that has nothing to do with it?
Actually if we're talking about critical race theory then it does tie in to the whole intersectional coalition and the overarching attempts to control the narrative.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
How many books on Critical Race Theory have you read?
For me….zero….& I had to actually google the term & skim a Wiki post about it this morning to even get a vague description of it, and I’ve actually already posted in this thread previous to this morning.

You do know that gender and race are not the same, right?

Why bring this up in a thread that has nothing to do with it?
I believe Dixie Cup has made a larger connection to the whole ball of string that CRT is tangled up in, in a “Forest for the trees” sort’a thing. An intuitive leap.

Critical Race Theory seems to base its claims on a narrative as opposed to measurable data (keep in mind that 20 minutes ago I really didn’t know anything and was looking up a definition of CRT). On that note, “She is a female because she identifies as a female “ (though she may have XY chromosomes, a penis, etc…) is at least a parallel discipline to the….gender arguments (?)….I’m missing the term I’m looking for here, to CRT, so if they’re not related they’re tightly aligned. Think of your own reaction to the recently invented term “Cis” or “Cis-Gender”, etc…

I’m still mentally sorting this one out because this CRT thing is new to me this morning, but I think at this point Dixie Cup is on track connecting these two initially seeming unrelated issues.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
All I see is a bunch of whining about coming in second in the human race.

Life doesn't give participation trophies.

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
I believe Dixie Cup has made a larger connection to the whole ball of string that CRT is tangled up in, in a “Forest for the trees” sort’a thing. An intuitive leap.
It's not just a logical conclusion, it's an actual existing framework. The term you're missing is "intersectionality".

The wikipedia entry is an 'ok" explanation. Basically it's a framework of somewhat imaginary disadvantage and repression based on race, sexual issues, gender, and a bunch of other things. Have a read - it's actually a pretty horrid notion and CRT is absolutely a part of it.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
It's not just a logical conclusion, it's an actual existing framework. The term you're missing is "intersectionality".

The wikipedia entry is an 'ok" explanation. Basically it's a framework of somewhat imaginary disadvantage and repression based on race, sexual issues, gender, and a bunch of other things. Have a read - it's actually a pretty horrid notion and CRT is absolutely a part of it.

I had to start somewhere and Wikipedia was as a good place as any at least get a basic mental framework to expand the search towards exactly what the hell is this CRT thing. It’s Sunday morning and I woke up early early, and I’m trying to keep myself amused without waking up my girlfriend before I start actually doing loud noisy constructive things.

Intersectionality. I’ll give it a read & thank you. Intersectionality opposes analytical systems that treat each axis of oppression in isolation….ahhhh….ok.

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
I had to start somewhere and Wikipedia was as a good place as any at least get a basic mental framework to expand the search towards exactly what the hell is this CRT thing. It’s Sunday morning and I woke up early early, and I’m trying to keep myself amused without waking up my girlfriend before I start actually doing loud noisy constructive things.
Wasn't being "Critical" of you big guy :LOL: (nyuck nyuck nyuck...)
Intersectionality. I’ll give it a read & thank you. Intersectionality opposes analytical systems that treat each axis of oppression in isolation….ahhhh….ok.
Yep. It doesn't really look at the individual's life experience either. Just the prestated factors. It's sort of a 'heiarchy of perceived oppression"

White cis males are at the very bottom of course. They are the 'unwashed diseased ones'.

IF you're a woman, that bumps you up a level. If you're a black person that bumps you up a couple of levels, latino gets you a level, oriental surprisingly takes you down a level.

If you're gay that's up a level, trans up 2, and so on.

Interestingly money doesn't DIRECTLY come into it, so being born to a poor family gets you nothing, but it is assumed you ARE most likely financially disadvantaged the higher your score.

So a black woman -such as michelle obama - is considered to be FAR more oppressed and have much lower political and societal power than, say, a white male living in a trailer park who was born into poverty and has no education.

CRT enforces this belief by suggesting in essence that "racism" is baked in to every aspect of our existence and that all people are racist but it's ONLY RACISM if you ARE NOT one of the oppressed groups.

So it's not possible for a black person to be racist - But it's also not possible for a black person to avoid racism because the entire system is built on racism. So our scoeity must compensate that black person one way or another. (there is also the suggestion that our society should be torn down and replaced with something that is not 100 percent built on racism as a foundation).

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
It promotes racism. They need to keep tribalism alive at the lower levels for the next step which is Nationalism to create a integrated warrior class to take the burden of fighting and alleged instigation of war off the backs of whitie.

Reactions: The_Foxer

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
News Article from "The Blaze"

A father attended a school board meeting recently to confront educators regarding sexual content found in a book that he says is available to his daughter, age 7.

David Todor, whose daughter attends a school in the Waterloo Region District, in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, read passages from a book called "The Bluest Eye," a national best-seller readily available on Amazon.

"I can assure you this book has been approved, and it's accessible to my daughter, the one that's seven years old by the way ... this book is approved ... for grade four to five reading level," the father remarked to the board of trustees.

"He could have been an active homosexual but lacked the courage, beastiality did not occur to him, and sodomy was quite out of the question for he did not experience sustained erections and could not endure the thought of somebody else's," the parent read.

"Who's interested in knowing and affirming, celebrating, my daughter's sexual orientation?! Why is the school board facilitating child abuse and has these books available in the library?" the father asked.

FYI I tried copying the video link but it didn't work for whatever reason.

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
Continuing from my last post:

A synopsis of the book reads as follows:

"Sexual behavior is also very complicated in this novel. Sex acts and feelings between adults are described, and more than one grown man behaves inappropriately with young girls. There is also incest and domestic violence, including the rape of an 11-year-old girl."

Mr. Todor later confronted trustees about the availability of their meetings online, saying that the database had been erased. Todor then quotes one of the videos that suggests the educators wish to make only summaries available, as opposed to full video or transcripts.

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
A synopsis of the book reads as follows:
Charming. See - this is the issue. The abc123youandme people make the argument frequently that 'we're not impacting your life so why do you care about what we do in ours?" Which would be a valid argument. Except, they then go on to expose those same people's children to sexual issues at an inappropriate age. And they're SHOCKED when there's a backlash.

Most parents would tend to agree i think that 7 years old is a little bit young to be dealing or learning details about straight sex, never mind with issues such as incest, bestiality and sodomy etc. Who thinks their 7 year old should be hearing detailed descriptions of even hetero sex?

But the school boards try to blow this off as either 'homophoibic/transphobic' or just irrational right wing blather that's got no validity.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
News Article from "The Blaze"

A father attended a school board meeting recently to confront educators regarding sexual content found in a book that he says is available to his daughter, age 7.

David Todor, whose daughter attends a school in the Waterloo Region District, in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, read passages from a book called "The Bluest Eye," a national best-seller readily available on Amazon.

"I can assure you this book has been approved, and it's accessible to my daughter, the one that's seven years old by the way ... this book is approved ... for grade four to five reading level," the father remarked to the board of trustees.

"He could have been an active homosexual but lacked the courage, beastiality did not occur to him, and sodomy was quite out of the question for he did not experience sustained erections and could not endure the thought of somebody else's," the parent read.

"Who's interested in knowing and affirming, celebrating, my daughter's sexual orientation?! Why is the school board facilitating child abuse and has these books available in the library?" the father asked.

FYI I tried copying the video link but it didn't work for whatever reason.

That a book like that is available to a seven year old is wrong.

IF it's available.

Because I question the validity of the story. The Blaze is, well, notoriously a wackadoo, extreme right wing conspiracy theoriest rag that loves to pretend to be 'legit news'.

That said, I DID look for a link to any suggestion this was a thing to get more info/background. I only found this Blaze article, and nothing else. Though there were controversies of the book in the states, nothing is showing up for Canada. Considering it's size from what I read, if something like this DID happen, it would have hit the news certainly.

But nada.

So... are you sure this is even something that happened? Have you any other links, to somewhere NOT so outrageous as The Blaze?

And what's this got to do with CRT, by the way?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

IF it's available.

Because I question the validity of the story. The Blaze is, well, notoriously a wackadoo, extreme right wing conspiracy theoriest rag that loves to pretend to be 'legit news'.

That said, I DID look for a link to any suggestion this was a thing to get more info/background. I only found this Blaze article, and nothing else. Though there were controversies of the book in the states, nothing is showing up for Canada. Considering it's size from what I read, if something like this DID happen, it would have hit the news certainly.

But nada.

So... are you sure this is even something that happened? Have you any other links, to somewhere NOT so outrageous as The Blaze?

Is it a conspiracy theory that the same schoolboard is pulling books from their libraries?

Should Huckleberry Finn be banned?

Who gets to decide what fits

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022

But nada.
Well that's absolutely untrue. It could well fly under the radar and frankly i think fewer people would have a problem with it in high school than they do in the states. I think 7 year olds are the problem here and nobody probably thought the book was in their library.

However - what we CAN verify is that there was a meeting and the gentleman in the story WAS on the agenda:

So - we know he showed up to discuss the issue and we know there was a meeting. That makes the report pretty likely to be true. It is UNLIKELY he would show up to complain about a book that in fact wasn't available to his kid.

So the balance of the evidence points to true. Unless you have actual evidence that it's not in any school library in waterloo accessible by that age group.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons

IF it's available.

Really. You think the news organizations that have been pushing the gender fluid/Alphabet Community crap are going to help point out problems like that?

"Dear readers/viewers. We would like to announce that all that gender fluid crap we said wasn't being pushed on or exposed to young children in our schools is being exposed to young children in our schools."
Doesn't help your credibility as a news outlet when you pump narratives like a roid rager pumping iron and then admit you were dead wrong.

The Waterloo Regional School Board encompasses three cities. How many other schools in those cities might have that same book available?

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Really. You think the news organizations that have been pushing the gender fluid/Alphabet Community crap are going to help point out problems like that?

They have before so I don't see why they wouldn't know.

Though your assumption that "Gender fluid/Alphabet Community crap" is being pushed is amusing.

"Dear readers/viewers. We would like to announce that all that gender fluid crap we said wasn't being pushed on or exposed to young children in our schools is being exposed to young children in our schools."

Kind'a like how outlets like The Blaze won't retract/fix their mistakes too, right?

Doesn't help your credibility as a news outlet when you pump narratives like a roid rager pumping iron and then admit you were dead wrong.

But it's okay for The Blaze to do it? Well I suppose, it's not like they're a real news outlet. Rather they just publish conspiracy theories and BS; kind'a like other tabloid rags.

The Waterloo Regional School Board encompasses three cities. How many other schools in those cities might have that same book available?

According to the web page about the district, they serve kids from Elementary to grade 12. It could be a book available to higher grades, sure. Since I don't know how their school is set up - as in, are there K-12 students in the same school? - it's possible, sure, that it could be in the library. But pushed as a book for 7 year olds to read? That I cry BS on. It's not like this book hasn't been protested before - The ALA placed it on the Top Ten Most Challenged Books Lists for 2006 (5), 2014 (4), 2013 (2), and 2020 (9).[31] Ultimately, it became the 34th-most banned book in the United States 1990–1999,[32] the 15th-most banned book 2000–2009,[29] and the 10th-most banned book 2010-2019[33] - but it's always for HIGH schools or AP classes. So if it was somehow being pushed to 7 year olds in Canada, it'd BE a serious story.

Although if for some insane reason it is then I'd totally agree something is seriously wrong with the district for allowing it.

But until there's actual proof that it's being 'pushed' to said 7 year olds, a source like "The Blaze" is not in any way, shape or form credible as 'proof' it's happening.

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
Kind'a like how outlets like The Blaze won't retract/fix their mistakes too, right?
Name one time the blaze didn't retract or fix a mistake.

Oh you can't. Because you're lying to cover up the fact that he was right. This is just more dishonesty. And you wonder why nobody takes you seriously.

it's possible, sure, that it could be in the library

you mean that what the father was saying is true. The article didn't say he claimed it was being 'pushed' on anyone, YOU added that to try to inject something you could actually argue against because you CAN"T argue against what they REALLY said. He said the book was accessible and it was approved that kids that age can read it.

Which means if it was in a library, then kids that age were allowed to check it out and read it. And his point is that book shouldn't be one that kids that age can access in their schools.

So once again you feel you have to lie to make your point. If you have to lie to make a point it's probably not a very good point.

Last edited:

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton

IF it's available.

But nada.

Apparently your definition of CRT isn't the same as mine by the sounds of it. You keep saying that it isn't being taught in Canadians schools but that is an out right lie. There are teachers who are losing their jobs because they refuse to teach this garbage. So what is CRT to you? For me, it's a Marxist ideology which states that pretty much "anything goes" especially when it comes to our kids. That is who I want to protect from this garbage. Our kids have enough on their plates as it is with technology & other things happening at a fairly rapid pace. WE do not need to "sexualize" our kids on top of it - by confusing them about their identity. There are only TWO genders - male & female and to say otherwise is not SCIENCE but IDEOLOGY!!

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Apparently your definition of CRT isn't the same as mine by the sounds of it. You keep saying that it isn't being taught in Canadians schools but that is an out right lie. There are teachers who are losing their jobs because they refuse to teach this garbage. So what is CRT to you? For me, it's a Marxist ideology which states that pretty much "anything goes" especially when it comes to our kids. That is who I want to protect from this garbage. Our kids have enough on their plates as it is with technology & other things happening at a fairly rapid pace. WE do not need to "sexualize" our kids on top of it - by confusing them about their identity. There are only TWO genders - male & female and to say otherwise is not SCIENCE but IDEOLOGY!!
Do you even know what Marxism is?