Israel accused of murdering journalist

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
There's just no way to know yet, and you're kind of taking a side based on some pretty sketchy sources. A journalist civillian is dead, and that is really really bad. Isreal has committed to an independant investigation which is good, that's the right thing to do. I don't know why palestine would be hesitant but whatever, lets see what the investigation says.

As far as not being in the 'immediate' area of the gun fight, those situations are fluid and rifle bullets can go a long long way. And it's very easy to get turned around or disoriented under fire and make a mistake, for either side.

As to the funeral - it completely lacks context. I have a hard time believing that those troops just showed up out of the blue for no reason and decided to block people. The story doesn't contain ANYTHING as to why that happened, all we're seeing is the melee after. That really doesn't tell us anything about whether or not that was justified or why it started or the like.

I think we're going to have to wait for a little more info before condemning anyone for any of this just yet. Obviously both sides have reason to 'spin' things.
I agree, we don't have all the information and we need to be patient, unlike the MSM who accuse first & then never admit when they're wrong.

But what I was saying is that for the most part, Israel is quite good at making sure their people are held accountable, They do this, I believe, because they're already accused of almost anything that happens in the world. More often than not, they're accused of things they're not guilty of which (again) is the reason why they hold their people to account.

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton

The thing is; will this change anything or will Israel be 'excused' of this, if it's proven they did this.
Even if they didn't they'll still be the "bad guys" - history hasn't been good to the Israeli's which is truly unfortunate. Just like all other religions & cultures, there are bad guys & good guys but for whatever reason, Jews seem to be all bad! What a ridiculous assumption. But hey, it is what it is.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
I agree, we don't have all the information and we need to be patient, unlike the MSM who accuse first & then never admit when they're wrong.

You DO realize this happened months ago, and the IDF investigated and said "oh it was a mistake, didn't mean to"?

"We need to be patient" - tell that to her family who have been waiting for (the expected) IDF to say nothing.

Meanwhile they rightly or wrongly don't believe it and want an independent investigation.

But what I was saying is that for the most part, Israel is quite good at making sure their people are held accountable, They do this, I believe, because they're already accused of almost anything that happens in the world. More often than not, they're accused of things they're not guilty of which (again) is the reason why they hold their people to account.

Yeah, not so much, Dix.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Even if they didn't they'll still be the "bad guys" - history hasn't been good to the Israeli's which is truly unfortunate. Just like all other religions & cultures, there are bad guys & good guys but for whatever reason, Jews seem to be all bad! What a ridiculous assumption. But hey, it is what it is.

Jews aren't all bad, why would you say such a thing! Shame on you!

The Israeli Government though... just as corrupt (especially now) as any other.

The worst part is the world is used to giving them a free pass because guilt is a great motivator for letting others get away with whatever they want.

• Haha
Reactions: Taxslave2

Taxslave2

House Member
Aug 13, 2022

The worst part is the world is used to giving them a free pass because guilt is a great motivator for letting others get away with whatever they want.
Your comprehension skills are sorely lacking. Try reading what Dixie wrote.

• Haha
Reactions: Serryah

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
You DO realize this happened months ago, and the IDF investigated and said "oh it was a mistake, didn't mean to"?

"We need to be patient" - tell that to her family who have been waiting for (the expected) IDF to say nothing.

Meanwhile they rightly or wrongly don't believe it and want an independent investigation.

Yeah, not so much, Dix.
I disagree but hey, what else is new? :)

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
You absolutely 100 percent come across as tho that's PRECISELY what you mean. And in typical bigot fashion attempt to turn your bigotry on others instead of where it belongs. Shameful.

This is true, but corruption and homicidal intent are not the same thing. Whereas the Palestinians literally have wiping out the jews as part of their stated objectives. Of the two the second is more violent and less trustworthy as a source of information by far.

This is objectively false. Isreal has not gotten a bunch of 'free passes'. If anything they are acccused of being in the wrong even when evidence proves otherwise. And the world should have nothing to do with this incident - it's an incident internal to their country and should be handled internally - you didn't see the UN sweeping in to address the George Floyd issue did you?

I disagree but hey, what else is new?
careful, if you start making sense or using logic she'll most likely break down emotionally, post a happy face under your post and flee :)

The_Foxer

House Member
Aug 9, 2022
Oh hun, not broke, just continually amused at you is all.
Sure - call your mental illnesses whatever you like :) God knows it's cheaper than therapy :LOL: Poor girl - we should probably stop laughing at your expense for a bit, but you do make it hard some times :)

Reactions: Taxslave2