Nancy Goes to Taiwan

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Looks like the Democrats have just started a war.

What a bunch of dorks. I think Pelosi is a twat of epic proportions but I thought "democracies" were supposed to be all about the right to self-determination.
We're gonna get all snarky with Russia over their Ukraine invasion but we should kiss China's ass for insisting that a country that rightly sees itself as autonomous belongs to China?
Fuck China!

China would like to avoid a war with the US for one major reason. The US has 80 years of perfecting their combat systems and methods in real world situations, some of their own making. China has no, or very little practical experience with all their military technology in real world situations.

Dixie Cup

Senate Member
Sep 16, 2006
Edmonton
I recently heard about a battery that was basically "invented" by a U.S. firm that sold it's license to China who now has the technology. Apparently, this battery lasts a long time - far longer than anything we have currently.

Why would anyone sell technology to China? They already steal most of what they have.

Jin stated that "China has no, or very little practical experience with all their military technology in real world situations," which may be true (we really don't know) but what they have going for them is population and an extremely large military force - far larger than any other country including the U.S. What they lack in ability they have in numbers which is a concern to me. If they get their crap together, they will be formattable, that's for sure. There are those in the DOD that think that China will invade Taiwan before the next general election in 2024. That's not comforting at all.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
If you're actually interested in that story, which is A Tale of Two Dozen Fuck-Ups, but a good bit more complicated than "you recently heard," here is is. . .

Linky-dinky.

Me, I blame Biden. Or Hillary. Or Obama. Or the Deep State. Or George Soros.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I recently heard about a battery that was basically "invented" by a U.S. firm that sold it's license to China who now has the technology. Apparently, this battery lasts a long time - far longer than anything we have currently.

Why would anyone sell technology to China? They already steal most of what they have.

Jin stated that "China has no, or very little practical experience with all their military technology in real world situations," which may be true (we really don't know) but what they have going for them is population and an extremely large military force - far larger than any other country including the U.S. What they lack in ability they have in numbers which is a concern to me. If they get their crap together, they will be formattable, that's for sure. There are those in the DOD that think that China will invade Taiwan before the next general election in 2024. That's not comforting at all.
Manpower is useless without a supply chain.

Reactions: Dixie Cup