2SLGBTQQIA+

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
Trans woman, 29, beats girl, 13, in skateboarding competition
The win has sparked outrage in the skateboarding world.

Author of the article:Brad Hunter
Publishing date:Jun 27, 2022 • 18 hours ago • 1 minute read • 10 Comments

A 29-year-old trans woman defeated a 13-year-old Florida girl to capture first place in a women’s skateboarding competition.

Out of the six finalists, four of the girls were under the age of 17 and one was a 10-year-old.

The win has sparked outrage in the skateboarding world.

Ricci Tres of Los Angeles won the Boardr Open in New York City. The event was split into male and female divisions.

Tres, in her triumph over her teen rivals, won $500. Second-place winner Shiloh Catori of Tampa took home $250.

Competitor Taylor Silverman called Tres a “male” despite her identifying as a trans woman. Silverman has come in second in a number of recent competitions, being bested by bigger, stronger trans rivals.

“I have been in three different contests with trans women, two of which I placed second,” Silverman wrote in an Instagram post.

In one, trans competitor Lilian Gallagher took home thousands.

“This totalled $5,000 of the prize money meant for female athletes,'” Silverman said.

Silverman has been active on social media calling for the preservation of female sports and for the exclusion of trans athletes.

“I reached out to Redbull and was ignored,” Silverman wrote on Instagram. “I am sick of being bullied into silence.”

She added: “What happened was unfair and at the time I was too uncomfortable to speak up. I understand that in today’s society even some women think this is acceptable, but I believe in doing the right thing even if it’s not the popular thing. I now realize it’s really important for me to speak up and I’d like to schedule a time to talk.”

The skateboarding brouhaha is just the latest in a battle triggered last December by the emergence of trans swimmer Lia Thomas of the University of Pennsylvania swim team.

As a male, Thomas was mediocre. As a female, she shattered records.

bhunter@postmedia.com

@HunterTOSun

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
1656613103201.jpeg

This is Alan. Alan ended his own life on 7th June 1954. He laced an apple with cyanide and ate a bite from it. He did this because the British government chemically castrated, humiliated and prosecuted him for being gay.

Alan is the reason why a chunk is bitten out of the Apple logo…in honour of Alan Turing.

Ok so what did he do? He helped invent computer science and using his first designs he decrypted the Enigma code - the machine base encryption that the Nazis and the German military used to communicate secret commands to each other in world war 2 - and hence he both saved millions of lives and brought us into the modern age of computing.

Pride month isn’t just about dancing on floats in gold hot pants or flying a rainbow flag. It’s about remembering that everyone has a right to be happy, love who they want to love, and recognise the outstanding contribution that everyone can make in a society free of fear or prejudice.

.... Copied from elsewhere.

Last day in the Month of Pride. Not all of us who think about Pride think of the floats and parades and so on. I sure as hell don't. It's to celebrate people like Alan who suffered for just being themselves. And celebrate people I know and love, for being who they are. It's sad that though we came a long way, society is trying to push us back to these kinds of actions. Hopefully the younger generation will be kinder than the previous.

Reactions: B00Mer and taxslave

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Too true.

Though, after my 'vacation' (ha :p ), they can whatever. At this point I'm not sure if they're even serious, rather they do it just to provoke.
They think it's high-sterical to "own the libs." Until one of their buddies does a little murder on their behalf. Then it's "Aww, we was jest funnin'. He shouldn'ta oughta done that."

• Haha
Reactions: taxslave

B00Mer

Keep Calm and Carry On
Sep 6, 2008
Rent Free in Your Head
www.getafteritmedia.com
View attachment 14449

This is Alan. Alan ended his own life on 7th June 1954. He laced an apple with cyanide and ate a bite from it. He did this because the British government chemically castrated, humiliated and prosecuted him for being gay.

Alan is the reason why a chunk is bitten out of the Apple logo…in honour of Alan Turing.

Ok so what did he do? He helped invent computer science and using his first designs he decrypted the Enigma code - the machine base encryption that the Nazis and the German military used to communicate secret commands to each other in world war 2 - and hence he both saved millions of lives and brought us into the modern age of computing.

Pride month isn’t just about dancing on floats in gold hot pants or flying a rainbow flag. It’s about remembering that everyone has a right to be happy, love who they want to love, and recognise the outstanding contribution that everyone can make in a society free of fear or prejudice.

.... Copied from elsewhere.

Last day in the Month of Pride. Not all of us who think about Pride think of the floats and parades and so on. I sure as hell don't. It's to celebrate people like Alan who suffered for just being themselves. And celebrate people I know and love, for being who they are. It's sad that though we came a long way, society is trying to push us back to these kinds of actions. Hopefully the younger generation will be kinder than the previous.

....and there is a movie about this beautiful mind and war hero, called The Imitation Game 2014

Sit Back and Enjoy..

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Trans women are NOT women. PERIOD!!
Correct.
You’re either XY or XX chromosome. That will never change no matter how many snip and tucks you do.
Incorrect. There are people who are poly-chromosome. However from a purely pragmatic POV they are also evolutionary dead ends as their ability for natural reproduction is near non-existent. There is one group of the poly-chromosomed who has a chance at getting pregnant but it requires the intervention of modern medical science and even then the chance of impregnation is small and the chance the fetus survives 'til birth is even smaller.

Trans-"men" who get pregnant though, are clearly biological women.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
It is unfortunate indeed that we have historically overlaid obvious truths (e.g., without massive and thus-far unachieved medical intervention only women can gestate children, the range of upper-body strength in men is higher than the range of upper-body strength in women) with arrant bullshit (e.g., men are mentally and morally, and therefore legally, superior to women). Attempts to ameliorate the worst of these irrational discriminatory practices have often led to MORE discrimination, by following the same arbitrary, irrelevant classifications imposed by our benighted forbears (e.g., women's sports). Sadly, each governmental or social policy, however arbitrary, brutal, nonsense-based, or temporarily necessary, instantly gains a constituency with a vested interest in maintaining and increasing it. And now that Western culture has become genuinely more tolerant and egalitarian than in times past, the past can be weaponized by those constituencies.

Fact, reasoning, and courage had their heyday when most of us were growing up (roughly 1950-2000 or 2010). But as economics change, to the smaller advantage of Western countries, people forget their reasoning and courage and fall back on tribalism. Inevitably, and inevitably to the harm of all.

Lovin' every minute of it!

Reactions: Serryah

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
If/when the Conservatives take over government, or Westernesse secedes, or whatever swivel-eyed fantasy they dream of comes to be, do you think they'll give the re-education camps for LGBTQ+ people good Canadian names, or go with classics like "New Auschwitz," "New Dachau," and "New Treblinka?"
Not before the alphabet community is no longer useful to the ALT-left. Extremists are known to eat their own after they've served their purpose.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
It is unfortunate indeed that we have historically overlaid obvious truths (e.g., without massive and thus-far unachieved medical intervention only women can gestate children, the range of upper-body strength in men is higher than the range of upper-body strength in women) with arrant bullshit (e.g., men are mentally and morally, and therefore legally, superior to women). Attempts to ameliorate the worst of these irrational discriminatory practices have often led to MORE discrimination, by following the same arbitrary, irrelevant classifications imposed by our benighted forbears (e.g., women's sports). Sadly, each governmental or social policy, however arbitrary, brutal, nonsense-based, or temporarily necessary, instantly gains a constituency with a vested interest in maintaining and increasing it. And now that Western culture has become genuinely more tolerant and egalitarian than in times past, the past can be weaponized by those constituencies.

Fact, reasoning, and courage had their heyday when most of us were growing up (roughly 1950-2000 or 2010). But as economics change, to the smaller advantage of Western countries, people forget their reasoning and courage and fall back on tribalism. Inevitably, and inevitably to the harm of all.

Lovin' every minute of it!
Tribalism is humanity's default setting man. It's everywhere. Everyone has a flag or symbol, even sports fans or more accurately, team fans. How many team fanbases call themselves "nations" these days? And then there's the fan violence.
Like it or not, people have an innate desire to associate with people similar to themselves.

Reactions: Twin_Moose

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Tribalism is humanity's default setting man. It's everywhere. Everyone has a flag or symbol, even sports fans or more accurately, team fans. How many team fanbases call themselves "nations" these days? And then there's the fan violence.
Like it or not, people have an innate desire to associate with people similar to themselves.
Or even more accurately than that, corporation fans.

I have no problem with that innate desire. . . only with the definitions of "similar to themselves."

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Or even more accurately than that, corporation fans.

I have no problem with that innate desire. . . only with the definitions of "similar to themselves."
Colour, culture, nationality, sports teams, religion, gender-identity, vegan, non-vegan, recreational activities, unions. job types, etc.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Colour, culture, nationality, sports teams, religion, gender-identity, vegan, non-vegan, recreational activities, unions. job types, etc.
Used to be neighbourhoods. Unsurprising that telecommunications and especially the internet have made that a lot less important.

I was always baffled by the Beach Boys Be True To Your School. Seriously? Be emotionally attached and loyal to a government institution to which you were sent involuntarily? Why not "Be True To Your Prison?"