Intersection

Torch light

House Member
Dec 4, 2017
1) Crucifixion was a well-established practice in Roman-occupied first century Palestine. 2) Jesus often employed common cultural metaphors to illustrate spiritual truths. 3) The foreknowledge of God informs divine prophecy. I hope you will share this with Abu Abd-Allah, TL.
Whatever you try to justify it, it is the idolatry which is against the First Commandment
So to erect a statue or a symbol of a man or any creature to be sanctified and glorified is forbidden by the First Commandment
See also About the monotheism in the Bible

• Haha
Reactions: taxslave

Torch light

House Member
Dec 4, 2017
1) Crucifixion was a well-established practice in Roman-occupied first century Palestine. 2) Jesus often employed common cultural metaphors to illustrate spiritual truths. 3) The foreknowledge of God informs divine prophecy. I hope you will share this with Abu Abd-Allah, TL.
You might not have grasped the idea.. it is not regarding the practice in Palestine or that Jesus employed metaphors: how could he tell people things that they did not see happening.. even though God knows the fore-knowledge but people could not imagine this or comprehend it.
Therefore, it is fabricated and added later on.
And while Abu Abd-Allah is dead now, I might share it with him when he is raised from the dead.

Last edited:

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013
View attachment 13393Where have you seen this symbol? What does it mean to you?
This symbol is prominent in the New Testament. Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Paul and Peter reference the cross in all four gospel records, Acts, and in seven epistles. The biblical meaning of the cross in these references is divine sacrifice and human salvation.

Torch light

House Member
Dec 4, 2017
It is the enthusiasm, it is not necessary to crucify him: God does not task any soul about the sins of another soul. God is Most Gracious and Most Merciful and Most Forgiving: no need that anyone sacrifices for others.
The Gospels are 4 not one and they are obviously distorted and manipulated to the extent of altering and changing the pure monotheistic teachings of Jesus Christ into glorifying the messenger rather than glorifying God Who sent Him.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
It is the enthusiasm, it is not necessary to crucify him: God does not task any soul about the sins of another soul. God is Most Gracious and Most Merciful and Most Forgiving: no need that anyone sacrifices for others.
The Gospels are 4 not one and they are obviously distorted and manipulated to the extent of altering and changing the pure monotheistic teachings of Jesus Christ into glorifying the messenger rather than glorifying God Who sent Him.
According to Christians, god tasks every soul for the sins of Adam and Eve. Everybody is born damned, and the only way to avoid eternal pain and agony at the command of a god who claims to love us is to crawl to him and beg forgiveness for sins committed by other people thousands of years before we were born.

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013
According to Christians, god tasks every soul for the sins of Adam and Eve. Everybody is born damned, and the only way to avoid eternal pain and agony at the command of a god who claims to love us is to crawl to him and beg forgiveness for sins committed by other people thousands of years before we were born.
Will you please direct us to the biblical books, chapters and verses supporting your theology, TB? Thank you.

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013
Will you please direct us to the biblical books, chapters and verses supporting your theology, TB? Thank you.
The reason for my request, TB is so that we who have read your theology can examine the Scriptures for ourselves:

“Now the Berean Jews were of more noble character than those in Thessalonica, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true” (Acts 17:11, NIV).

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013
Right after you direct me to the ones where Jesus has a word to say about abortion or homosexuality.
Please start a discussion thread about Jesus and abortion or homosexuality so we can consider these topics with you.

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013
Whatever you try to justify it, it is the idolatry which is against the First Commandment
So to erect a statue or a symbol of a man or any creature to be sanctified and glorified is forbidden by the First Commandment
See also About the monotheism in the Bible
There is no suggestion of venerating any statue, symbol, man or creature here, TL.

Historians recognize crucifixion as a common practice in Roman-occupied first century Palestine. Jesus and his disciples were exposed to and familiar with this practice and the instrument of execution, the cross before Christ was sentenced to death. https://www.britannica.com/topic/crucifixion-capital-punishment

Jesus’ exhortation to his disciples to “take up their cross daily and follow” (Matthew 10:38; 16:24; Mark 8:34; Luke 9:23) was an “informed consent” invitation to join him in his mission. Christ warns his followers metaphorically that in following him they will experience spiritual and physical suffering similar to that of his own crucifixion and cross.

The following is a summary of the apostle Paul’s experience of suffering as a witness for Jesus Christ:
“Five times I received from the Jews the forty lashes minus one. Three times I was beaten with rods, once I was pelted with stones, three times I was shipwrecked, I spent a night and a day in the open sea, I have been constantly on the move. I have been in danger from rivers, in danger from bandits, in danger from my fellow Jews, in danger from Gentiles; in danger in the city, in danger in the country, in danger at sea; and in danger from false believers. I have labored and toiled and have often gone without sleep; I have known hunger and thirst and have often gone without food; I have been cold and naked. Besides everything else, I face daily the pressure of my concern for all the churches“
(2 Corinthians 11:24-28, NIV).

The cross for Christians is a symbol of incomparable sacrifice and triumph which is embodied in the Lord Jesus Christ.

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013
images.pngFor Christians, the cross of Christ is a sign of God's power and wisdom (1 Corinthians 1:22-24. NIV).

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013
The cross of Christ symbolizes relational peace and reconciliation (Ephesians 2:14-16, NIV).

Torch light

House Member
Dec 4, 2017
There is no suggestion of venerating any statue, symbol, man or creature here, TL.
It is an idol, even if you or many others do not consider it like this. It is an idol.
Generally, the idolater usually denies his idolatry.
But you should know that the enthusiasm or the exaggeration in loving a man or animal or a symbol is a kind of idolatry.
And if you love anyone or anything so much and exceedingly: it means you worship him.
Moreover, considering Jesus as God Himself is the top in idolatry and associating him with God Almighty.

The association : sharing or polytheism

Torch light

House Member
Dec 4, 2017
So the idolatry or associating others with God is of many kinds: it is the worship of others besides God Almighty.
Moreover, the glorification of anyone is a kind of idolatry: associating him with God the Creator.
To seek help of others especially the dead saints, imams and the Christ is a sort of associating or equalizing them with God Most Gracious.
To pray a saint or imam or Virgin Mary or Jesus Christ is a kind of associating them with God.
Therefore, the pure monotheism is the 'exclusive devotion to God alone' Who has no son, daughter or parent: God is the Eternal.

Kinds of God worshipping

Torch light

House Member
Dec 4, 2017
The engraving or carving a statue is forbidden in the Islam.
I asked Abu Abd-Allah: why if any statue may not be sanctified or venerated?
He said: If it is not sanctified at present, people may sanctify it in the future.
The first commandment forbids making statues of any creature in the sky or in the earth or in the sea.
Most people do not know such a knowledge and by suggestions of Satan, they may not know God

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013
He said: If it is not sanctified at present, people may sanctify it in the future.
The first commandment forbids making statues of any creature in the sky or in the earth or in the sea.
Most people do not know such a knowledge and by suggestions of Satan, they may not know God
Is Abu Abd-Allah sanctified or venerated, TL?

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Many people are confused and upset by their inability to understand art.

Only a special few make a religion out of it.

Motar

Council Member
Jun 18, 2013
The cross of Christ symbolizes debt-cancelation, disarmament and triumph (Colossians 2:14-15).