Omnibus Russia Ukraine crisis

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
She's an MEP. The European Parliament is a powerless talking shop, and the Europeans respond by electing all their village idiots to get them out of town for a while. Only people who thrive on hating things, like Blackleaf, pay it any mind at all.

Everything you say about Ukraine is correct, but I hope you understand that a part of Putin's motivation is that since 2019, things are considerably different. Zelensky's the real deal, near as we can tell, a true reformer and man for the people. That change is what Putin is trying to stamp out.

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
She's an MEP. The European Parliament is a powerless talking shop, and the Europeans respond by electing all their village idiots to get them out of town for a while. Only people who thrive on hating things, like Blackleaf, pay it any mind at all.

Everything you say about Ukraine is correct, but I hope you understand that a part of Putin's motivation is that since 2019, things are considerably different. Zelensky's the real deal, near as we can tell, a true reformer and man for the people. That change is what Putin is trying to stamp out.
Zelensky was elected as a popular comedian but nobody is laughing now. I too think he’s the real deal. I think Putin was trying to stamp out the voice of the Ukrainian peoples back in 2013 before Zelensky though, and what what Zelensky represents as an example not only to all of us but to the Russian people scares the shit out’a Russian Oligarchs (which would include Vlad himself).

I did read MEP but thought MP regarding the Irish Chick. That was my own political bias and interpretation sneaking in.

Reactions: Twin_Moose

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek

Zelensky was elected as a popular comedian but nobody is laughing now. I too think he’s the real deal. I think Putin was trying to stamp out the voice of the Ukrainian peoples back in 2013 before Zelensky though, and what what Zelensky represents as an example not only to all of us but to the Russian people scares the shit out’a Russian Oligarchs (which would include Vlad himself).

I did read MEP but thought MP regarding the Irish Chick. That was my own political bias and interpretation sneaking in.
There is some evidence that there was some shady stuff going on in the background with Zelensky since the election but right now he is the right guy for this situation

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island

The fact that Ukraine controls a sizeable amount of oil and gas also has a part to play. An independent Ukraine is not what poo tin wants.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
I wonder what Greta Thunberg would have to say about this? Maybe send her in to preach to all involved about how her childhood has been stolen. How Dare You!
View attachment 13139
Plunk her on top of a couple pillows and giver the keys.

If you're full of piss and vinegar and really really really want to fight for your future, this is it. This is the future Greta.

Reactions: Twin_Moose

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
$3-4Trillion of NG in under the Black Sea.
Like I posted earlier also in the Western Donbass region where Russia is trying to push into right now

1. The Ukrainian Donbas contained close to 48.1 billion t. In 2000, proved reserves were raised to 57.5 billion t and probable reserves for additional 18.3 billion t. Methane gas reserves associated with the coal deposits were estimated to exceed 2.5 trillion cubic meters.

Donets Basin - Encyclopedia of Ukraine

www.encyclopediaofukraine.com/display.asp?linkpath=pages%5CD%5CO%5CDonet…

Reactions: petros and taxslave

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004

You've suddenly become anti-EU now that it suits you.

That woman was talking sense.

What do you have to say about the Ukrainian president jailing an opposition leader like Putin does? What do you have to say about the horrific treatment of ethnic Russians by Ukraine in those parts of Ukraine Russia has invaded?

• Haha
Reactions: Serryah

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
You've suddenly become anti-EU now that it suits you.

That woman was talking sense.

What do you have to say about the Ukrainian president jailing an opposition leader like Putin does? What do you have to say about the horrific treatment of ethnic Russians by Ukraine in those parts of Ukraine Russia has invaded?
Village idiots like Ian R.K. Paisley.