Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek

• Sad
Reactions: Mowich and taxslave

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
"Newly released Joseph Rosenbaum sex offender documents obtained by Wisconsin Right Now from the Pima County (Arizona) Clerk of Courts confirm Joseph Rosenbaum was charged by a grand jury with 11 counts of child molestation and inappropriate sexual activity around children, including anal rape. The victims were five boys ranging in age from nine to 11 years old."

Wow. Just wow.

To be clear, this does not mean it was open season, it has nothing to do with Rittenhouse's guilt or innocence.

But it does speak to Rosenbaum's character, to say the least. He had other minor charges pending as well.

I won't be shedding any tears for this guy.
So. . . "This is completely irrelevant. Not even sure why I stuck it in here, but it was ABSOLUTELY NOT to suggest that Rittenhouse is innocent because Rosenbaum deserved to die!"

Sound about right?

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
So. . . "This is completely irrelevant. Not even sure why I stuck it in here, but it was ABSOLUTELY NOT to suggest that Rittenhouse is innocent because Rosenbaum deserved to die!"

Sound about right?
It's a form of empathic perceived justice for Rosebush's victims although irrelevant as the kid had no idea of Rosebush's criminal history. Rosebush's violent behavior was however experienced by the accused leading to defending himself with force causing death.

It would a tough slog to say that doesn't chuck a bias into minds regardless of whom they may be.

Sound about right?

Last edited:

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
It's a form of empathic perceived justice for Rosebush's victims although irrelevant as the kid had no idea of Rosebush's criminal history. Rosebush's violent behavior was however experienced by the accused leading to defending himself with force causing death.

It would a tough slog to say that doesn't chuck a bias into minds regardless of whom they may be.

Sound about right?
Unusually cogent and accurate.

Just wanted to stress that if Rosenbaum had been a war hero/humanitarian/philanthropist/volunteer worker with cute li'l puppy-dogs and kitty-cats, it should make not difference to the key question. . . did young Kyle have a reasonable fear of imminent death or serious bodily harm?

In the opinion of 12 people in a nice safe guarded well-lit comfy jury box, that is.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON

Just wanted to stress that if Rosenbaum had been a war hero/humanitarian/philanthropist/volunteer worker with cute li'l puppy-dogs and kitty-cats, it should make not difference to the key question. . . did young Kyle have a reasonable fear of imminent death or serious bodily harm?

In the opinion of 12 people in a nice safe guarded well-lit comfy jury box, that is.
Cat scratches can be nasty.

• Haha
Reactions: Twin_Moose

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

You were expecting Judge, Judy and Executioner?

Apparently there is video evidence. I haven't viewed any of it. It should provide the jury with what they need to make a reasonable decision.

Reactions: Twin_Moose

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
You were expecting Judge, Judy and Executioner?

Apparently there is video evidence. I haven't viewed any of it. It should provide the jury with what they need to make a reasonable decision.
I hope so. On what I've seen so far, I'd vote to acquit. Seems to me like a pretty clear case of self defense.

But it's a near-run thing generally. Frequently in self-defense cases, your assailant isn't so thoughtful as to point a gun at you.

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.

Sound about right?

Correct.

This is not a court of law, therefore the facts are ALL admissible,

Rosenbaum served his time, he did not deserve to die. But it does reflect his character in a very negative way, and his violence and lack of self control partially explain why he was stupid enough to pursue and lunge at a man armed with an AR 15.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
I hope so. On what I've seen so far, I'd vote to acquit. Seems to me like a pretty clear case of self defense.

But it's a near-run thing generally. Frequently in self-defense cases, your assailant isn't so thoughtful as to point a gun at you.

I was keeping out of this thread but a thought came to me yesterday.

So the lone survivor of the attack gave a fucking horrible testimony the other day. Admitted he pointed a gun at Kyle after he was pointing his weapon at him.

Two thoughts then:

1. Had the guy SHOT Kyle, would HE now be in the box defending himself against murder charges? Which leads to...

2. Had he shot Kyle, could HE not have claimed self-defense because he had his hands up and Kyle pointed his gun at him first?

Cause per the NA "The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun."

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC

So the lone survivor of the attack gave a fucking horrible testimony the other day. Admitted he pointed a gun at Kyle after he was pointing his weapon at him.

Two thoughts then:

1. Had the guy SHOT Kyle, would HE now be in the box defending himself against murder charges? Which leads to...

2. Had he shot Kyle, could HE not have claimed self-defense because he had his hands up and Kyle pointed his gun at him first?

Cause per the NA "The only way to stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun."
Yep. That's part of the confusion that surrounds the defense. Also, sometimes the doctrine of "mutual combatants" removes the defense from all parties in the fight, or as I said before, there's times when going looking for a fight, particularly when illegally armed, nullifies a self defense claim.

Ultimately, this will come down to how afraid the jury is of scary antifa, which is why the defense is pursuing the "scumbag deserved to die" line.

Reactions: Serryah

Colpy

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 5, 2005
Saint John, N.B.

Two thoughts then:

Here's the difference; Rittenhouse was running towards the police, being pursued by several protestors, including Grosskreutz, who drew his firearm. When Grosskreutz caught up, he charged in while Rittenhouse was on the ground, under attack by multiple assailants. Grosskreutz had his gun in his hand.

That makes it very, very hard to portray any action by Grosskreutz as self defense, no matter who fired first. Grosskreutz was the aggressor, obviously.

Only my opinion, but I think the factors leading up to the shots being fired count.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Look, Colpy, I don't see the point to discussing/arguing over this.

You think he's innocent.

I think he's guilty.

He'll get off because he was never going to be found guilty to begin with, because despite what the prosecution hoped, they cannot prove within the laws of the Sate of Wisconsin that what he did was what he's being charged with. There is too much doubt that can be made for his side of things. They knew this before even going to trial. Anyone who was following knew the prosecution was going to have a hard time, if impossible time, to prove what happened. I'm sorry you were too ignorant to realize this from the get go and thought the trial would somehow be an actually legit trial. (doesn't help the Judge is questionable, so is the jury, because of the impossibility of impartiality, to EITHER side)

In the end, poor widdle Kyle will get off scott free and the best that can be hoped for is a civil case that'll ruin his life.

ETA: I'm sure you'll or others go off on how I'm avoiding things or being a 'typical leftie' or what the fuck ever.

Honestly, I don't care. Fill your boots.

But considering how if the situation were the same, except Kyle was not white (yes, I AM going there) this would be an entirely different story and if you think it wouldn't be, then you are being fucking ignorant.

ETA again; if someone is found innocent of what the prosecution charges them of then question.

Was OJ Simpson truly innocent??? Or can sometimes the prosecution just not prove within the law that the person did what they did and the person gets off?
"ETA: I'm sure you'll or others go off on how I'm avoiding things or being a 'typical leftie' or what the fuck ever.

Honestly, I don't care. Fill your boots."

What you are avoiding is the fact that Kyle was in fear of his life as has been adequately proven by both sides now and backed up with video/photo evidence. He was attacked. He was defending himself. He is not guilty of the charge brought against him.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
"ETA: I'm sure you'll or others go off on how I'm avoiding things or being a 'typical leftie' or what the fuck ever.

Honestly, I don't care. Fill your boots."

What you are avoiding is the fact that Kyle was in fear of his life as has been adequately proven by both sides now and backed up with video/photo evidence. He was attacked. He was defending himself. He is not guilty of the charge brought against him.
Obstinate or ignorant?