Canada’s Green Shift Could Displace Three-Quarters Of Oil Workers

Nick Danger

Council Member
Jul 21, 2013
Penticton, BC
Is acid rain still a deadly issue in Canada? The US? Europe?

"The Science" of the doomsday climate cult isn't science.
The ignorance of the “everything is just fine the way it is” cult is just that, ignorance.

We won’t be able to solve this problem quickly, but some sort of steady progress is essential. Standing still or backsliding is simply not acceptable.

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
Why? You’re thinking short term. If you’re thinking at all. It sounds to me like you’re desperate for reasons to maintain the status quo and that debate is already over and done with.
Then what are we, as you say, transitioning too? There is nothing out there right now, and nothing on the bulletin board to displace O&G as king of energy for the foreseeable future. And for sure nothing that will save this world in the enviro scientific end of life in 9 years.

Reactions: taxslave

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
The ignorance of the “everything is just fine the way it is” cult is just that, ignorance.

We won’t be able to solve this problem quickly, but some sort of steady progress is essential. Standing still or backsliding is simply not acceptable.
Standing still will not happen in a capitalist innovation is the key to profit .

Nick Danger

Council Member
Jul 21, 2013
Penticton, BC
Standing still will not happen in a capitalist innovation is the key to profit .
I can accept that as a generalization, but when you get into specifics that’s when our current system comes up short. The benefits of innovation all go to the top one percent, and often at the expense of the environment and employees.

Changes in the “flavour” of capitalism we live with over the last fifty years increasingly benefit the few over the many.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit

Get a grip. Two nukes in Western Canada could light it up like a Christmas tree without flooding millions of hectares. If this shit was real we would have built them 20 years ago and be completing a 3rd any day now.

Where are they?

Reactions: Twin_Moose

Nick Danger

Council Member
Jul 21, 2013
Penticton, BC
Then what are we, as you say, transitioning too? There is nothing out there right now, and nothing on the bulletin board to displace O&G as king of energy for the foreseeable future. And for sure nothing that will save this world in the enviro scientific end of life in 9 years.
Are you missing the whole point of this? The idea is to produce less greenhouse gases. Thjat means using less fossil fuels as energy sources. Small scale, individual use is the biggest portion of that use. Drive less, fly less, take a bus, ride a bike, buy local…it might sound like a drop in the bucket but we do have to change the way we think at a very basic level. Whimping and whining and coming up with reasons why we can’t reduce the burning of fossil fuels is exactly the approach we don’t need.

Am I to understand that you’re of the mind that we will be okay continuing our use of fossil fuels for energy at our current rate without any downside?

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
Blah, blah. blah.

You're hyper aggressively Con and right wing why should I entertain your bullshit any further?

There are a lot of folks on here that don't follow your beliefs but there's about 8 of you that have this site specific clique of online bullies that make non conservatives posting very put off the site by your dogpiling.

I think there will still be decent conversations here without some of you on my feed.
I am hardly right wing. I am a fiscal conservative and a firm believer in personal freedom. The two things leftards hate most.
The problem is you are extreme left, full of bullshit and unwilling or unable to accept facts that do not match your dogma.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Welcome to the new reality. Where people parade their ignorance like it’s some sort of enlightenment. A parting gift from the Trump administration.
Oh yes, it's all Trump's fault, I mean it is SOO enlightened to murder the unwanted unborn instead of actually proactively trying to prevent an unwanted pregnancy. It's SOOO enlightened to destroy and erase history that makes you mad, It's SOOO enlightened to engage in identity politics. It's SOOOO enlightened to go on violent rampages, destroying neighbourhoods, lives and livelihoods and creating violent "automonous" zones because a Black criminal was killed by a cop. It's SOOOO enlightened to dox and/or deplatform someone just because you disagree with them. Seriously dude, feck off.

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
Are you missing the whole point of this? The idea is to produce less greenhouse gases. Thjat means using less fossil fuels as energy sources. Small scale, individual use is the biggest portion of that use. Drive less, fly less, take a bus, ride a bike, buy local…it might sound like a drop in the bucket but we do have to change the way we think at a very basic level. Whimping and whining and coming up with reasons why we can’t reduce the burning of fossil fuels is exactly the approach we don’t need.

Am I to understand that you’re of the mind that we will be okay continuing our use of fossil fuels for energy at our current rate without any downside?
Do you believe we will be extinct within the next 9 years? Your argument can go very far in the Urban setting try it in the Rural where the closest town can be 30 miles away.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
I can accept that as a generalization, but when you get into specifics that’s when our current system comes up short. The benefits of innovation all go to the top one percent, and often at the expense of the environment and employees.

Changes in the “flavour” of capitalism we live with over the last fifty years increasingly benefit the few over the many.
Do they ? Look out your window , you are surrounded by wealth . We live in the richest society the world has ever seen . And the generation of wealth is available to any who want it . The top 1% as you call them are not a stagnant group of people or corporate entities , as we have seen one can jump from his basement to the top of that 1% list in less then a generation .

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Get a grip. Two nukes in Western Canada could light it up like a Christmas tree without flooding millions of hectares. If this shit was real we would have built them 20 years ago and be completing a 3rd any day now.

Where are they ?

bob the dog

Council Member
Aug 14, 2020

I was told years ago from a pipeline guy that small scale, individual use is negligible compared to industrial usage. You do make a good point about planes.

Advances in hydrogen fuel are also nearing commercial use.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.

Why , should we curtail our freedoms by doing and being less ? less is not more . 2000 years ago the chariot was the go to luxury , do you think we should go back ?