COVID-19 'Pandemic'

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
They all know that the chances of catching it is low and the probability of full recovery from minor effects is high .

Reactions: Danbones

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
People are still traveling. I have vacation coming up I booked over 2 years ago. So far the government has not offered to buy it back from me so I am on the hook so I am going.

As to his denying sick leave, since when does the federal government pay sick leave? I guess if you get sick you keep working is his answer.

Rockybird 1949

Nominee Member
Jan 2, 2021
Abbotsford BC Canada
People are still traveling. I have vacation coming up I booked over 2 years ago. So far the government has not offered to buy it back from me so I am on the hook so I am going.

As to his denying sick leave, since when does the federal government pay sick leave? I guess if you get sick you keep working is his answer.

This benefit doesn't cover if you return from holidays and need to quarantine for 14 days.

If you are eligible for the CRSB, you can receive $500 ($450 after taxes withheld) for a 1-week period.

If your situation continues past 1 week, you will need to apply again. You may apply up to a total of 2 weeks between September 27, 2020 and September 25, 2021.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
This benefit doesn't cover if you return from holidays and need to quarantine for 14 days.

If you are eligible for the CRSB, you can receive $500 ($450 after taxes withheld) for a 1-week period.

If your situation continues past 1 week, you will need to apply again. You may apply up to a total of 2 weeks between September 27, 2020 and September 25, 2021.
Ok. I wasn't aware that the government was covering that at all. I work from home so this won't be an issue.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015

Miami Doctor Dies After Receiving First Dose Of Pfizer Vaccine​

Heidi Neckelmann, the widow of Dr. Gregory Michael, said her husband was vaccinated on Dec. 18, and died 16 days later. He was 56 years old, according to Sputnik. Patients typically receive a second dose of the vaccine 3 weeks after the first. Neckelmann also shared the news in a Facebook post, cited above.

"In my mind his death was 100 percent linked to the vaccine. There is no other explanation," she said. "He was in very good health. He didn’t smoke, he drank alcohol once in a while but only socially. He worked out, we had kayaks, he was a deep sea fisherman," she added.

What's more, the doctor started to experience unusual symptoms, and three days after vaccination, small spots began to appear on Gregory Michael's feet and hands. In response, he went to the emergency room at Mount Sinai. As his blood count was not in the normal ranges, he was admitted to the ICU, his wife told Sputni

Pfizer's CEO will wait to get a COVID-19 vaccine, and says company executives won't 'cut the line'​

what a nice guy eh?

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015

UK Authorities Shut Down Vitamin D Recommendation for COVID​

STORY AT-A-GLANCE​

• According to new COVID-19 guidance from the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence, Public Health England and the Scientific Advisory Committee on Nutrition, there’s insufficient evidence to support the recommendation to take oral vitamin D for the sole reason of preventing or treating COVID-19
  • While the panel agreed low vitamin D was associated with more severe COVID-19 outcomes, they claim it’s impossible to confirm causality due to inconsistencies between the studies and because vitamin D deficiency and severe COVID-19 share many of the same risk factors
  • With that, they are backtracking on previous recommendations issued by British health officials who, in November 2020, urged people to take supplemental vitamin D this winter to reduce their risk of respiratory infections, including COVID-19
  • While the new guidance does urge Britons to take a vitamin D supplement between October and March, it only recommends a dose of 400 IUs a day, which is easily 10 times lower than what most people would require for general health and immune function
  • There’s compelling evidence suggesting optimizing your vitamin D level can significantly reduce your risk of COVID-19 and improve your outcome if you do get infected

...The largest observational study14 to date, which looked at data for 191,779 American patients, found that of those with a vitamin D level below 20 ng/ml (deficiency), 12.5% tested positive for SARS-CoV-2, compared to 8.1% of those who had a vitamin D level between 30 and 34 ng/ml (adequacy) and 5.9% of those who had an optimal vitamin D level of 55 ng/ml or higher. According to the authors:

"SARS-CoV-2 positivity is strongly and inversely associated with circulating 25(OH)D levels, a relationship that persists across latitudes, races/ethnicities, both sexes, and age ranges."

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
funny...how have his officers been treating covid violators I wonder?

'This is not acceptable': Halton residents still breaking social distancing rules despite coronavirus threat and councillors are outraged​

“The sooner we heed the advice of our medical office and practice strict social distancing, the sooner we will get out of it. Holding large house parties will only prolong this process and will likely cause a lot of damage to the economy, not to mention deaths,” Hamid said.

Oh..."outrage"
;(
effin hypotwits

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
If maskless people aren't getting tested - because they obviously don't bother with such things - then where are all the positives coming from?

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.