Tell me all about buying silver...

Decapoda

Council Member
Mar 4, 2016
I'm not sure I want to buy scrap but probably start collecting coins instead.
I do enjoy the look of a 1 oz bar and they are fairly cheap to collect from different mints.
Personally I'd stick to 9999 RCM products. They're easy to sell when you need and you can usually get better than spot when it's time to sell. Anything Canadian before 2018 is notorious for milk spotting which may affect resale, especially if your selling private.

Hard to go wrong with RCM 10 oz bars or maples.

Oh, and your bank is likely one of the the worst places to buy gold or silver. Premiums are brutal if you buy from your bank. You'll end up paying way more than you should.

Aetheric

Nominee Member
Jul 9, 2020
You're still buying above the going rate..

Where is a place to buy spot in Canada :unsure:
nowhere
the closest to spot buying will be somewhere like bordergold and 100oz or 1000oz bars
but they are heavy, and not as 'tradeable' in the general

when in edmonton, mrcs are great people to deal with

LewisScott

Nominee Member
Dec 7, 2020
I haven't heard people buying silver so much like Gold but this could be a good investment. Silver is also a precious metal, though not as huge as gold, and the prices keep on increasing. So buying silver would not be a bad idea at all. Worth an investment.

Decapoda

Council Member
Mar 4, 2016
I haven't heard people buying silver so much like Gold but this could be a good investment. Silver is also a precious metal, though not as huge as gold, and the prices keep on increasing. So buying silver would not be a bad idea at all. Worth an investment.
Silver is an industrial metal which makes some think it isn't as efficient for preserving wealth. No doubt it is in high demand for industry, and much more plentiful than gold which makes it more volatile. But with the expected explosive growth in solar panels and electronic equipment in the next few years, all which require silver...and large amounts of it, it's a fine investment if you can tolerate the volatility.

Reactions: Mowich and petros