Welcome to the new Canadian Content Forums!

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
Welcome.

We've successfully migrated from an ancient version of vBulletin to XenForo. Almost everything has been migrated over but I do expect there to be some odd things from time to time, so please let me know your comments, issues and suggestions in this thread.

I do plan tweaking the look and feeling of the board.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Cool. Sometimes it's nice to redecorate, just like a house. It'll take a bit for me to get used to it, though.

I also like the Facebook-style like buttons.

Reactions: Mowich and Andem

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
@IdRatherBeSkiing word is on the street that TapaTalk is unnecessary with the mobile capabilities of this software.

If you haven't, check out the new forums on your mobile device and I think you'd agree.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
@IdRatherBeSkiing word is on the street that TapaTalk is unnecessary with the mobile capabilities of this software.

If you haven't, check out the new forums on your mobile device and I think you'd agree.
I use tapatalk to get the notifications. I read the other forum on my PC. I find the browser screen on my ,mobile device too small although it does work. But if not there, it's not a big deal. It wasn't there before either. :)

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Welcome.

We've successfully migrated from an ancient version of vBulletin to XenForo. Almost everything has been migrated over but I do expect there to be some odd things from time to time, so please let me know your comments, issues and suggestions in this thread.

I do plan tweaking the look and feeling of the board.

A major improvement, Job very well done. !! Has a bit of the WOW factor ;-)

Last edited:

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
A minor glitch to report.

When I post it just hangs. If I ht refresh I see the post is posted it just doesn't come back. I get the bar going across the top for ever.

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
Also, I brought the forums offline so that I could go through the posts and fix a leftover from vBulletin whereby YouTube links posted were not embedding properly in xenforo. It didn't catch all of the videos but it did get most.

Regular Expression:
Code:
(\[url\](https|http):\/\/(?:(m|www)\.)*+youtube\.com\/watch\?v=([0-9A-Za-z_-]{10}[048AEIMQUYcgkosw])\[\/url\]|\[url\](https|http):\/\/youtu\.be\/([0-9A-Za-z_-]{10}[048AEIMQUYcgkosw])\[\/url\])

I might go through Twitter another day to make them properly embedded but I don't think it's been *that* popular. Anyhow, Twitter posts are now embedded so if you post a link to a tweet, it'll display on your post.

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
I am loving what I am seeing. ;-) It is similar to a US based Forum that I participate on.(as well) but this one is a lot neater .Major KUDOS to Andem. !!!
Thanks a lot, @Ocean Breeze ! I'm still working on customizing it to something that doesn't look like very many other message boards (something I've been doing since the 2000s), so stay tuned and there might be a few more improvements.

Ocean Breeze

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 5, 2005
Thanks a lot, @Ocean Breeze ! I'm still working on customizing it to something that doesn't look like very many other message boards (something I've been doing since the 2000s), so stay tuned and there might be a few more improvements.
I have total confidence in you and your ideas and ability. Again. Very well done. Sooo much better than the previous. , although the previous served us well too.and for a long time. It is like saying goodbye to an old friend......and starting a new friendship .;-) -metaphorically ;-) THANK you Andem for all the effort you have putin to get it to this level. It is really appreciated.

Reactions: Mowich