COVID-19 'Pandemic'

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004

I genuinely can’t believe what I’m seeing. This is total insanity. Here's the facts to give you comfort and context!

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
U.S. surpasses 200,000 coronavirus deaths, doubling toll in a span of four months
https://www.nbcnews.com/health/heal...rpasses-200-000-n1240034?cid=eml_nbn_20200919
Not sure anyone really cares......... as they become immune / desensitized to the numbers. They might as well forget all precautions , throw the dice and see what happens. Trump is betting on a vaccine so he can win the election. It is all about their priorities.
Why not? Our provincial government doesn't follow it's own rules when it is convenient or cost effective not to.

bill barilko

Senate Member
Mar 4, 2009
Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Nothing new here he's still a miserable old ****

Van Morrison criticises 'fascist bullies' in anti-lockdown Covid songs

Songwriter uses new material to condemn UK government, scientists and celebrities

Van Morrison has described the British government as “fascist bullies disturbing our peace” in one of three new tracks he has written to protest against safety measures to prevent the spread of Covid-19.

On No More Lockdown, Morrison sings:

“No more lockdown / No more government overreach / No more fascist bullies / Disturbing our peace …

No more taking of our freedom / And our God-given rights / Pretending it’s for our safety / When it’s really to enslave …”

The song also condemns “celebrities telling us what we’re supposed to feel”, although the 75-year-old Northern Irish songwriter denied doing this himself.

“I’m not telling people what to do or think,” he said in a statement. “The government is doing a great job of that already. It’s about freedom of choice. I believe people should have the right to think for themselves.”

No More Lockdown also indicts “Imperial College scientists making up crooked facts”, presumably in reference to the former government scientific adviser Prof Neil Ferguson. In June, Ferguson said 20,000 deaths could have been prevented had the government imposed a national lockdown a week earlier than it eventually did on 23 March. In the UK, 41,705 people are known to have died of the virus.

Another track, As I Walked Out, references a post on the UK government’s website that states: “Covid-19 is no longer considered to be a high consequence infectious disease (HCID) in the UK”. HCIDs have a high fatality rate of up to 50%. In the UK, the Covid-19 fatality rate peaked at 15.7%.

The virus is still considered highly infectious: official figures confirmed a 75% increase in positive weekly cases across England last week. The government’s test-and-trace system has been condemned as “barely functional”. Boris Johnson has said the government is doing “everything in our power” to avoid a second national lockdown.

Morrison said the songs would be released every two weeks, starting with Born to Be Free on 25 September. Last month, he called on his “fellow singers, musicians, writers, producers, promoters and others in the industry to fight with me on this. Come forward, stand up, fight the pseudo-science and speak up.”

If you have been affected or have any information, we'd like to hear from you. You can get in touch by filling in the form below, anonymously if you wish or contact us via WhatsApp by clicking here or adding the contact +44(0)7867825056. Only the Guardian can see your contributions and one of our journalists may contact you to discuss further.

Tell us
He has been performing live, with three socially distanced gigs in September and two more scheduled for the London Palladium at the end of the month. “This is not a sign of compliance or acceptance of the current state of affairs,” he said. “This is to get my band up and running and out of the doldrums.”

Morrison is the latest UK musician to speak out against coronavirus safety measures. Noel Gallagher this week said he refused to wear a face mask on public transport and in shops: “There’s too many ****ing liberties being taken away from us now,” he told the podcast host Matt Morgan.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Biden penned a New York Times op-ed in March 2016—just weeks after the death of Justice Antonin Scalia—which accused Senate Republicans that year of neglecting their "Constitutional duty" by stonewalling President Barack Obama's Supreme Court nominee until after the November general election. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell cited a so-called "Biden rule" as justification for delaying Merrick Garland's nomination, pointing to a 1992 Biden speech that demanded President Bush wait until after that year's election to appoint a Supreme Court replacement.

"I know there is an argument that no nominee should be voted on in the last year of a presidency. But there is nothing in the Constitution — or our history — to support this view," Biden wrote in March 2016, demanding Senate Republicans review Garland's nomination.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
I fully agree 10,000 lbs. is idiotic but no more so than the idiots who refuse to follow a few simple rules for the good of the safety of the country.

I'll tell you what's idiotic. Imposing lockdowns and fines over the country's 12th-biggest killer.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
How many people have died lately in the UK because of Covid?

Hardly any. Nobody under 50 has died from it without have pre-existing conditions.

How long are we going to have these fascist rules imposed on us? Covid is hardly a threat. This madness needs to end.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
New cases for September 20:

Quebec: 462
Ontario: 365

Considering it is the weekend, Western Canadian provinces do not report cases, until Monday. It should easily eclipse 1,000 for both days. This will be the highest number of cases in 4 months.

But anyone who has been listening already knows this was coming since the schools reopened. Given that kids are usually, not in great danger, I'd be interested in hearing a viable alternative!

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
How many people have died lately in the UK because of Covid?

Hardly any. Nobody under 50 has died from it without have pre-existing conditions.

How long are we going to have these fascist rules imposed on us? Covid is hardly a threat. This madness needs to end.

Good to say if you are NOT one of the ones dying or in dire danger of dying. Boris might have a slightly different view of it (and he's been there, done that! :)

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I'll tell you what's idiotic. Imposing lockdowns and fines over the country's 12th-biggest killer.

Not so f**king idiotic, dimwit when you consider that it is a killer that something can be done about. Just follow the instructions even though they are meant for everyone else except you.

Last edited:

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Very few since early June. However, for every death, there are dozens of people that suffer long term health problems, including heart disorders, and breathing problems. Even problems with the brain. I'm not worried about dying. I'm worried about not being able to work for months, or even years due to complications.

Now there is someone speaking some wisdom...………..hopefully it will rub off!

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Very few since early June. However, for every death, there are dozens of people that suffer long term health problems, including heart disorders, and breathing problems. Even problems with the brain. I'm not worried about dying. I'm worried about not being able to work for months, or even years due to complications.

The lockdown is going to cause far more health problems.

Blackleaf

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 9, 2004
Yep, as long as there are morons who persist in defying the rules!

No. Those people obeying the lockdown and not leaving their homes are going to suffer serious mental and physical health issues, as are all those people who have lost work because of it. The lockdown is going to cause far more illness and deaths than coronavirus.

Unfortunately, too many people are too stupid to see this.