taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
The only thing you know about free is the money you get from the taxpayers every month. Reason has too many letters for you to even pronounce never mind understand.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
Apparently Florida has always had mail in voting. They typically get 30-40% mail in.

It is them most reliable method they have - so you can see why Putin would have a problem with it

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Apparently Florida has always had mail in voting. They typically get 30-40% mail in.

It is them most reliable method they have - so you can see why Putin would have a problem with it
Maybe something to do with those hanging chads that cost you so much .

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
You can put me down for whatever you want. Like most things out of a lawyer's mouth it would be bullshit. Or at best an uninformed opinion.
You've specifically opposed measures to increase voter participation, and explicitly said that you don't want "freeloaders" to have the right to vote.

Face it, you want to go back two centuries and limit "democracy" to white male landowners.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Isn't that the way America works?
It's certainly half of the dynamic.
I've heard that convicted felons forfeit the right to vote, so people convicted of drug offenses (majority of prison population) can't vote, and the prisons are over represented with Blacks and Latinos.
Generally true, but varies state to state. What varies wildly is what a felon has to do to get his voting rights restored. And toughest in the South, especially. . . you guessed it. . . Floriduh.
Also, the majority of mail-in votes are from people who can't afford to miss work. Mainly the poor and working class.
I don't know about that. I heard it was old folks. Haven't seen anything authoritative either way. When I was in service, I voted by mail in three Presidential elections and a bunch of other elections. Guess for some folks, voting's too good for the GIs.
The good news is USPS, under pressure from the public and some congressmen, have stopped removing mail boxes from urban areas. The bad news, is they are now placing locked on the mail chutes, so they are rendered useless.
The bad news is that now the Post Office has been politicized. It's like losing your virginity; there ain't no road back.

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek

Yep, and even Trump used it as an example that it is good, you send in a request for an absentee ballot, get vetted, fill out the form send back in to cast your vote.

What he is against, clarified this morning in an interview, as all should be, mass mailout of potential voter ballots

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Yep, and even Trump used it as an example that it is good, you send in a request for an absentee ballot, get vetted, fill out the form send back in to cast your vote.
What he is against, clarified this morning in an interview, as all should be, mass mailout of potential voter ballots
He's got a point. If our Covid response is anything to go by, Trump has reduced the institutions of America to the point we're no longer capable of competently managing an election.

taxslave

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 25, 2008
Vancouver Island
You've specifically opposed measures to increase voter participation, and explicitly said that you don't want "freeloaders" to have the right to vote.
Face it, you want to go back two centuries and limit "democracy" to white male landowners.
More bullshit for the resident ambulance chaser. Increasing voter participation is not the same as making it easier for political parties to stuff ballot boxes. Having proper ID to vote is not preventing voter participation either. IF you had ever worked an election you would have some small inkling of what goes on.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
More bullshit for the resident ambulance chaser. Increasing voter participation is not the same as making it easier for political parties to stuff ballot boxes. Having proper ID to vote is not preventing voter participation either. IF you had ever worked an election you would have some small inkling of what goes on.
Would you like me to go dig up the quote of you saying "freeloaders" shouldn't be allowed to vote?

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
Would you like me to go dig up the quote of you saying "freeloaders" shouldn't be allowed to vote?

Should illegals and non citizens have the right to vote? Should Gov.'s put up polling stations in every country across the world to have a say in a North American country's election? Maybe just let the UN pick the leader of yours and my country's election?

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
Should illegals and non citizens have the right to vote?
Of course not. What kind of idiot are you?

Should Gov.'s put up polling stations in every country across the world to have a say in a North American country's election?
Of course not. What kind of idiot are you?

Maybe just let the UN pick the leader of yours and my country's election?
If you want to be that kind of idiot, be my guest.

For me it's super-simple. My rule is you have to be a citizen of the United States, a resident of the state within which you are voting, and not currently under punishment for a crime of which you were duly convicted by law.