WE really need to get rid of this guy

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
This program has wide support both with the public and with the political parties of Canada.
Is it a surprise that people who think climate change is a hoax and that only white people face discrimination are against the program to help Canadian students?
No.
It makes perfect sense.

The program does, not the way trudeau and morneau wanted to implement it.

With everything that is now coming out, you mean to tell me that you are part of the 12% that are ok with what the liberals did?

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
I am fine with idea of paying students for volunteer work during this time where the jobs they would normally do in order to get money and experience are not available to them.

That is the important part.

That part about damaging Trudeau and hurting the Liberals is of no importance to me.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
I am fine with idea of paying students for volunteer work during this time where the jobs they would normally do in order to get money and experience are not available to them.
That is the important part.
That part about damaging Trudeau and hurting the Liberals is of no importance to me.

And everyone is fine with getting money to students, just like everyone else. What we are not fine with is the liberals giving the job to their friends to pad their wallets. This is what was going to happen with WE. Pay attention to what is now coming out. Pay attention to the numbers. Just pay attention for once and take your liberal blinders off.

DaSleeper

Trolling Hypocrites
May 27, 2007
Northern Ontario,
Poor hoid

one of those liberal

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
I don't care about your scandals.

Get the money to the people who need it.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004

That would be up to the government to ensure the money actually got to where it should go. Something they weren't doing.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
It is up to everyone in government. Especially in a minority situation.

SO chalk it up as a fail all around and enjoy the endless months of committee meetings and focus groups.

Meanwhile Canadian students fall further and further behind.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
It is up to everyone in government. Especially in a minority situation.
SO chalk it up as a fail all around and enjoy the endless months of committee meetings and focus groups.
Meanwhile Canadian students fall further and further behind.

No, it was a win. The opposition and Canadians were able to stop the liberal government from using money that was supposed to be distributed to needy students from being distributed to the governments friends.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
They have managed to stop the liberal government from using the money that was supposed to be distributed to needy students being distributed to needy students.

What a win!

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Wouldnt it make more sense to just cut bursary cheques that go directly to tuition, fees and texts?

As it stands, there is money for students who can't work, it's called Provincial social assistance.

Last edited:

Ron in Regina

"Voice of the West" Party
Apr 9, 2008
Regina, Saskatchewan
This program has wide support both with the public and with the political parties of Canada....
All the political parties except the NDP, the Bloc, & the Conservatives support this widely (I've no idea where Liz & the other two Greenies stand on this one) with the manner in which it was rolled (or is that dolled) out...and I'm assuming its support in what was its initial form with WE Charity Foundation having a sole (thank you on the soul save, BTW) source contract was supported by a proportionally similar (and even much of the Liberal Party supporters could smell this one coming and are holding their noses or outright repulsed at this one) amount of the general public as is seem with the political parties.
I don't care about your scandals. Get the money to the people who need it.
Who's Scandals? Who is the "your" you refer to above?

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and his chief of staff Katie Telford will appear before the House of Commons finance committee Thursday to explain their roles in the decision to strike a partnership with We Charity — which has close ties with the Trudeau family — to deliver a $900 million student grant program. The committee is scheduled to hear from Trudeau from 3 p.m. to 4 p.m. and from Telford from 4:15 p.m. to 5:15 p.m.

Craig and Marc Kielburger, the founders of WE Charity, will appear before the finance committee Tuesday morning. The Kielburgers initially were scheduled to appear with WE Charity's CFO, Victor Li, from 1 pm to 2:30 pm, but at the request of the Conservatives, committee members agreed Monday to have Li appear on a different day later in the week. Conservative MP Pierre Poilievre asked to extend the time the Kielburgers would answer questions to four hours. MPs on the committee debated the witness list earlier today and agreed to ask the brothers — once they are before MPs on Tuesday — if they can stay that long and, if not, if they can return later in the week to complete the four hours of questioning.

Poilievre also moved a motion asking the committee to extend Trudeau's appearance from one hour to three. The MP also asked for Telford to appear for two hours instead of just one. The committee failed to agree to those time extensions before the meeting was adjourned. (The Finance Committee is 6 Liberals, 4 conservatives, 1 NDP, & 1 Bloc Member)

Shortly after it was announced that WE Charity would be running the program, the Liberal government came under fire from opposition parties over the Trudeau family's close relationship with the organization. Initially, WE Charity said members of the Trudeau family were not paid for appearing at WE events, although Sophie Grégoire Trudeau had been reimbursed for travel expenses. On July 9, it emerged that Trudeau's mother Margaret was paid approximately $250,000 for speaking at 28 events, while his brother Alexandre spoke at eight events and received about $32,000 (I'm sure the fact that these two where paid for their speaking engagements when it sounds like nobody else was by WE Charity or maybe WE Charity Foundation, unless that's also a lie, had nothing to do with the fact that Justin Trudeau is/was the sitting PM).

Earlier in July, Conflict of Interest and Ethics Commissioner Mario Dion announced that he was launching an investigation into Trudeau over the government's decision to task the WE Charity with administering the summer student grant program. Dion said he will be investigating Trudeau under subsection 6(1) of the Conflict of Interest and Ethics Act, which prohibits public office holders from making decisions that further their own private interests or the interests of another person. Trudeau also is being investigated under sections 7 and 21 of the Act, which deal with giving someone preferential treatment and failing to recuse from a conflict of interest.

"I made a mistake in not recusing myself. I am sorry," Trudeau told reporters. Separately, the Commons Ethics Committee voted last week to call Trudeau before that committee to answer MPs' questions but the prime minister has yet to confirm his appearance.

Link: http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/we-charity-student-grants-trudeau-covid-pandemic-1.5664391

Documents shared with the Commons finance committee today suggest that although the Canada Student Service Grant program was allocated a $900 million budget, officials had drawn up a plan with the WE Charity Foundation to spend only a portion of that amount. (starting to sound familiar...)

According to the text of the contribution agreement signed June 23 between Youth Minister Bardish Chagger's office and the WE Charity Foundation, up to $500 million could have paid out in the form of grants to students across three cohorts of potential volunteers, while $43.53 million would have been allocated to the WE Charity Foundation for administering the program. Both Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and Finance Minister Bill Morneau are under investigation by the office of federal Ethics Commissioner Mario Dion over their failure to recuse themselves from cabinet discussions of the program, given the close ties between their families and WE Charity....etc....

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Wouldnt it make more sense to just cut bursary cheques that go directly to tuition, fees and texts?

As it stands, there is money for students who can't work, it's called Provincial social assistance.
Where is the graft in that plan ? Shit do you think we work for free ?

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
All the political parties except the NDP, the Bloc, & the Conservatives support this widely (I've no idea where Liz & the other two Greenies stand on this one) with the manner in which it was rolled (or is that dolled) out...and I'm assuming its support in what was its initial form with WE Charity Foundation having a sole (thank you on the soul save, BTW) source contract was supported by a proportionally similar (and even much of the Liberal Party supporters could smell this one coming and are holding their noses or outright repulsed at this one) amount of the general public as is seem with the political parties. Who's Scandals? Who is the "your" you refer to above?

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and his chief of staff Katie Telford will appear before the House of Commons finance committee Thursday to explain their roles in the decision to strike a partnership with We Charity — which has close ties with the Trudeau family — to deliver a $900 million student grant program. The committee is scheduled to hear from Trudeau from 3 p.m. to 4 p.m. and from Telford from 4:15 p.m. to 5:15 p.m.

Craig and Marc Kielburger, the founders of WE Charity, will appear before the finance committee Tuesday morning. The Kielburgers initially were scheduled to appear with WE Charity's CFO, Victor Li, from 1 pm to 2:30 pm, but at the request of the Conservatives, committee members agreed Monday to have Li appear on a different day later in the week. Conservative MP Pierre Poilievre asked to extend the time the Kielburgers would answer questions to four hours. MPs on the committee debated the witness list earlier today and agreed to ask the brothers — once they are before MPs on Tuesday — if they can stay that long and, if not, if they can return later in the week to complete the four hours of questioning.

Poilievre also moved a motion asking the committee to extend Trudeau's appearance from one hour to three. The MP also asked for Telford to appear for two hours instead of just one. The committee failed to agree to those time extensions before the meeting was adjourned. (The Finance Committee is 6 Liberals, 4 conservatives, 1 NDP, & 1 Bloc Member)

Shortly after it was announced that WE Charity would be running the program, the Liberal government came under fire from opposition parties over the Trudeau family's close relationship with the organization. Initially, WE Charity said members of the Trudeau family were not paid for appearing at WE events, although Sophie Grégoire Trudeau had been reimbursed for travel expenses. On July 9, it emerged that Trudeau's mother Margaret was paid approximately $250,000 for speaking at 28 events, while his brother Alexandre spoke at eight events and received about $32,000 (I'm sure the fact that these two where paid for their speaking engagements when it sounds like nobody else was by WE Charity or maybe WE Charity Foundation, unless that's also a lie, had nothing to do with the fact that Justin Trudeau is/was the sitting PM).

Earlier in July, Conflict of Interest and Ethics Commissioner Mario Dion announced that he was launching an investigation into Trudeau over the government's decision to task the WE Charity with administering the summer student grant program. Dion said he will be investigating Trudeau under subsection 6(1) of the Conflict of Interest and Ethics Act, which prohibits public office holders from making decisions that further their own private interests or the interests of another person. Trudeau also is being investigated under sections 7 and 21 of the Act, which deal with giving someone preferential treatment and failing to recuse from a conflict of interest.

"I made a mistake in not recusing myself. I am sorry," Trudeau told reporters. Separately, the Commons Ethics Committee voted last week to call Trudeau before that committee to answer MPs' questions but the prime minister has yet to confirm his appearance.

Link: http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/we-charity-student-grants-trudeau-covid-pandemic-1.5664391

Documents shared with the Commons finance committee today suggest that although the Canada Student Service Grant program was allocated a $900 million budget, officials had drawn up a plan with the WE Charity Foundation to spend only a portion of that amount. (starting to sound familiar...)

According to the text of the contribution agreement signed June 23 between Youth Minister Bardish Chagger's office and the WE Charity Foundation, up to $500 million could have paid out in the form of grants to students across three cohorts of potential volunteers, while $43.53 million would have been allocated to the WE Charity Foundation for administering the program. Both Prime Minister Justin Trudeau and Finance Minister Bill Morneau are under investigation by the office of federal Ethics Commissioner Mario Dion over their failure to recuse themselves from cabinet discussions of the program, given the close ties between their families and WE Charity....etc....
But think of the children . And the Liberal war fund .

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
All the political parties except the NDP, the Bloc, & the Conservatives support this widely (I've no idea where Liz & the other two Greenies stand on this one) with the manner in which it was rolled (or is that dolled) out...and I'm assuming its support in what was its initial form with WE Charity Foundation having a sole (thank you on the soul save, BTW) source contract was supported by a proportionally similar (and even much of the Liberal Party supporters could smell this one coming and are holding their noses or outright repulsed at this one) amount of the general public as is seem with the political parties. Who's Scandals? Who is the "your" you refer to above?

Great post, waste of time trying to give facts to Hoid though. He's addicted to the taste of Prince Groper ass.

Jinentonix

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 6, 2015
Olympus Mons
Of course you don't because Prince Groper is at the center of them. Just like you didn't care about obstruction of justice because of 9000 jobs while not giving a shit about the 10's of thousands of jobs lost in the O&G sector. So clearly your concern really wasn't about jobs.

Hmmm for some strange reason I get the feeling your concern is about as genuine as the concern you had for SNC Lavalin jobs.

harrylee

Man of Memes
Mar 22, 2019
Ontario
They have managed to stop the liberal government from using the money that was supposed to be distributed to needy students being distributed to needy students.
What a win!

There is no money, you moron....get that through yoyr fat head

harrylee

Man of Memes
Mar 22, 2019
Ontario
What a win!

There is no money, you moron....get that through yoyr fat head

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
The live interview of the WE charity founders seems to be letting all the air out of the "scandal".

There better be something worse than this going on to justify ****ing all those students out of all that money...