COVID-19 'Pandemic'

Avro52

Time Out
Mar 19, 2020
Re: COVIDD-19 'Pandemic'

Uh oh....

Amid talk of Trump's desire to ease guidelines, Larry Kudlow says, "We can't shut in the economy...the president is right. The cure can’t be worse than the disease. And we're going to have to make some difficult tradeoffs."

Avro52

Time Out
Mar 19, 2020

Instead of fines, a friend of mine suggested hitting anyone who still refuses to self-isolate to be given 100 hours of community service once the pandemic is over. Have them go in and help clean seniors residences, pick up litter off the street or any number of other services that help the community.

I was at Costco this morning. They only allow 50 in at a time so very sparse. Some people that were there still don't get it. I had to tell one dude to back off.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek

It was a reference to the fact that only rich people are finding it easy to get tested.

It was actually a criticism of the U.S.'s response and health-care system, not wishing ill on anyone in particular (though of course Cliffy ain't exactly a fan of rich folk).
No he isn't, Tec. Hoping or wishing that someone gets the virus just goes to show how far Cliffy will go to push his hatred.

Avro52

Time Out
Mar 19, 2020

Trudeau gave a warning that if Canadians don't smarten up he'd have to take action. He should just do it anyways.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek

Good. Hopefully other nations follow. Postpone for one year. No big deal.

I expect that others will soon follow, Avro. The Japanese Prime Minister must cancel them now. Forget the IOC since they can't get their shit together, their decisions are irrelevant if a majority of the teams step up and withdraw.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek

I understand that has since changed but what I read earlier said exactly that. Oh, I "get it", Mowich, I am not exactly stupid!

Things are changing by the minute, JLM. I know you aren't stupid but sometimes you do need a bit of an info tune-up. :smile:

Avro52

Time Out
Mar 19, 2020

I expect that others will soon follow, Avro. The Japanese Prime Minister must cancel them now. Forget the IOC since they can't get their shit together, their decisions are irrelevant if a majority of the teams step up and withdraw.
The IOC is one of the most corrupt organisations in the world and they couldn't care any less about the athletes.

Last edited:

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC