Greta

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
Quod erat demonstrandum.

Oh dear........................NOT SO CUTTING WIT from T-bonesforbrains!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He insists he is clever and wise............................

and he has invested a lot of effort in telling us cop training was WRONG........................

but our bonehead LAWYER cannot offer up a single suggestion regarding HOW cop training could be improved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He is a typical LAWYER - tough talk when it does NOT COUNT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And craven coward when the chips are down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How much time have you spent at the range lately?????????????????????????

Did you shred a WHOLE LOT of targets with your little gun??????????????????????

The really funny thing is that T-bonesforbrains is simply a better armed................................

and LESS IMAGINATIVE VERSION of hemerHOID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
You spelled 'context wrong. You can post whatever you want, why post unrelated stuff in the wrong thread. If you started a thread for that aspect do you fear nobody would comment on it? Even this post is not a reply to your points but it is about if you have trouble finding thread that are similar?? So far there is no explanation given so I have to wonder if you are even bright enough to understand the original question. There ya go, now you are the topic of the thread. Is that like a secret wish coming true??

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Don't pretend to be stupid, Cap. It's not a good look on you.

Lacks the authenticity of Boomster's imbecility.

Fair enough, but I do honestly believe that Ms Greta is solely the one taking the risk on this deal

Not to diminish her passion on the issue, but there is absolutely no way that her 'movement' and exposure was solely based on a simple equation based on her sit-in and singular protest.

On the risk side of things, Greta has 'called her shot' and it will not take very long for her assertions to be put to the test... It will be at that point where she will reap the rewards (ie. she can say 'I told you so') or she will be remembered with less than glowing terms.

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
You spelled 'context wrong. You can post whatever you want, why post unrelated stuff in the wrong thread. If you started a thread for that aspect do you fear nobody would comment on it? Even this post is not a reply to your points but it is about if you have trouble finding thread that are similar?? So far there is no explanation given so I have to wonder if you are even bright enough to understand the original question. There ya go, now you are the topic of the thread. Is that like a secret wish coming true??

Oh MHz..............I fear you are babbling again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Perhaps you should go lay down till the FIT passes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
I prefer to remain sitting and watching the screen in order to see your demise from the place. Should I start a thread about that topic??

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
Hard to argue that.

OHHHHH CLEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But you are still WEASELING AWAY from your cop CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just your usual chicken sh+t evasion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How much do you spend on ammunition for your little gun per week????????????????

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
I prefer to remain sitting and watching the screen in order to see your demise from the place. Should I start a thread about that topic??

Okay........................it should be fun watching you try to Re - Focus your version of reality!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

spilledthebeer

Executive Branch Member
Jan 26, 2017
Fair enough, but I do honestly believe that Ms Greta is solely the one taking the risk on this deal

Not to diminish her passion on the issue, but there is absolutely no way that her 'movement' and exposure was solely based on a simple equation based on her sit-in and singular protest.

On the risk side of things, Greta has 'called her shot' and it will not take very long for her assertions to be put to the test... It will be at that point where she will reap the rewards (ie. she can say 'I told you so') or she will be remembered with less than glowing terms.

UH OH - It looks like Greta might have run through her 15 minutes of fame!!!!!!!!!!!!

She has "done" New York and done the various "climate strikes" in Canada..............................

and her sailing yacht has been returned to its European owners..............................

and the big Climate conference in Chile has been cancelled because of riots..........................

and Our idiot Boy is now going through the motions...............

leading a PARALYZED LIE-beral Minority govt so there can be no further attacks on Alberta...........................

so WHAT prominent stage remains for the Demon Possessed Swedish version of Linda Blair Exorcist?????????????????/

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
I wonder what company she will hook up with or just move into the IMF section so she is a global player rather than being a political minion, like JT and Trump are) on the grand chessboard.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
UH OH - It looks like Greta might have run through her 15 minutes of fame!!!!!!!!!!!!

She has "done" New York and done the various "climate strikes" in Canada..............................

and her sailing yacht has been returned to its European owners..............................
and the big Climate conference in Chile has been cancelled because of riots..........................
and Our idiot Boy is now going through the motions...............
leading a PARALYZED LIE-beral Minority govt so there can be no further attacks on Alberta...........................
so WHAT prominent stage remains for the Demon Possessed Swedish version of Linda Blair Exorcist?????????????????/
Who are you going to "hate on" now?

Any more politically active female minors that happen to piss you off?

How about that Pakistani girl who was shot in the head for going to school?

Isn't she a Lie-beral?

Last edited:

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
there are always the 25,000 children that starve daily that are as quiet as a few freaks want this 'young lady' who still has baby-fat in her cheeks or she is allergic to something.
She is an asset to the IMF whose contracts anyplace on the globe will now follow UN drafted environmental guidelines. That 'news' was posted here on the pipeline thread where the line was cancelled, over objection to those guidelines that are yet to be written. The old ones were pretty detailed, too bad they were not followed or the 'Canadian Taxpayers' would not be faced with a clean-up of several $100B because the guidelines in place were intentionally skirted. Why anybody would think it would be any different this time is a fool. The path that should have been taken is the guidelines should have been written and funded by the people on the ground as development went ahead as fast as possible and the clean-up crew worked for the Taxpayers rather than the oil company and the bill sent to the companies at the end of the contract.

It is not a win/win, it is better than a win/lose situation.
Without the bogus stipulations being agreed to there would be no project to begin with. Part of that would the the right of any Albertan company to have a certain tonnage of raw oil-sands for private research and sake in a publicly listed company. The Province should encourage that as they collect royalties at a set rate. The only business there is an foreign controlled R&D Company subsidized by Canadian Tax dollars. It is known what is a 21st century version of the first17th century coal mining towns in the US.
Given interest free loans along with access to a large customer base is also a hurdle put in place just to discourage private enterprise in a capitalist society, being under bid is worse for a company than illegal sanctions are. Like any good communist country the 'profit sharing money' at the end of the year is geared to the lowest wage earners getting the most while the higher wage earners get the least amount. The 'workers' basically take over as 'the shareholders' and life goes on as usual except for that aspect. A few other small changes and the transition is compete.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
So today is Halloween. I don’t celebrate it back home, but I thought I might give it a try.
And apparently when it comes to scaring a bunch of angry climate crisis deniers - I don’t even have to dress up!! #trickortreat

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek

If Greta Had Her Way

Swedish climate activist Greta Thunberg usually gets a pass from the media in terms of never challenging her claims about the effects of human activity on global warming. No one seems to confront her over the adverse effects of the “strikes” that organizers lead, with her as the symbolic Joan of Arc waging war against the capitalists. Maybe, however, they would take some advice about what would actually happen if the countries of the world were to heed her calls for an end to the use of fossil fuels (coal, oil and natural gas) within the next ten years, if not sooner.

I have spent over 40 years studying, analyzing and advising on energy policy issues in Canada, so I think I can make a reasonable claim to knowing far more about the subject than a sixteen-year-old high school dropout. I acknowledge that I suffer from the bias of thinking that facts matter, and that hysteria about energy and environmental issues will ultimately not overcome common sense. So, let me present some facts that those listening to Greta might want to take into account.

First, fossil fuels now supply 84 % of the world’s energy needs, with nuclear energy and hydroelectricity supplying most of the rest.

Renewable energy, which Greta favours, supplies only 4%, despite several decades of massive subsidies by governments. The share of energy supplied by fossil fuels varies considerably by country. In the poorer countries of Asia, Africa and Latin America, it typically supplies over 95% of people’s energy needs.

The prominence of fossil fuels in the energy mix is not an accident or the work of evil energy companies. Coal, oil and natural gas are plentiful, reliable and relatively inexpensive. Because of this, consumers and industry have been increasing their use of fossil fuels for over 150 years, and the patterns of consumption are embedded in the infrastructure: the roads, buildings, bridges, transit systems and vehicles that we all use. Oil, in particular, has four major advantages that make people want to use it – high energy density (the amount of energy per unit of mass), ease of transport, low cost and safety of storage. Because of these advantages, oil provides 97 % of the energy needs of transportation. Natural gas, while less dense and more expensive to store and transport, is clean-burning and versatile. It is also an ideal fuel for power generation, residential and commercial heating, and crop drying. Coal is more expensive to transport and burn cleanly, but coal resources are present in large quantities in over 40 countries. Coal is also cheap to produce; it still dominates in the supply of fuel for power generation.

It is, quite simply, impossible to end the use of these energy sources within ten years or even within 30 years. Nonetheless, let us for the sake of illustration examine what would happen if some world government were to decree that fossil fuel use must end immediately.

Almost all motorized transport would stop. The cars, trucks, buses, trains, marine vessels and aircraft would stop moving. People would not be able to go from place to place without walking, cycling, or riding horses, and there would not be enough horses. It would take months, not hours, to move long distances. The movement of goods would decline dramatically.

Consequently, companies would not be able to obtain the materials that they need to make things, and they would not be able to move the products they make to where people live. Most companies would have to close, putting millions of people out of work. Similarly, people would not be able to get to work if they lived more than a few miles away, so they would lose what jobs were left available.
Farmers would not be able to obtain the supplies, fertilizers or pesticides they need to plant their crops and they would not have modern farm machinery and tractors to do the work. Food production would drop sharply in all parts of the world, as agricultural practices went back to what they were at the end of the 19th century. As those practices could only support about 1.5 billion people, six billion people would starve.

Without natural gas and coal, there would be a shortage of electricity generation capacity and fuel for residential and commercial heating. Almost all parts of the world would experience blackouts and brownouts. This would make modern manufacturing impossible, so those industries would shut down. In the colder countries like Canada, the forest would be cut down to provide residential heating.

But once the firewood supply is exhausted, millions of people would become sick and/or freeze in wintertime. There would no longer be any air-conditioning. The absence and/or unreliability of electricity would end the use of several modern conveniences like stoves, refrigerators, vacuum cleaners, radios, televisions, computers and cellular telephones.

The end of oil would also mean that the products made from oil would no longer be available, including petrochemical feedstocks. That would mean that no one could in future make things like rubber, plastic, roofing, paints, pens, synthetic clothing fibres, dyes, computers, CDs and DVDs, deodorants, eye glasses, telephones or detergents, to name only a few.

Because of the shortages of so many things, prices would rise significantly, even as incomes fell. People would not be able to get most of the goods and services on which they now depend. Older people would be most vulnerable. Hospitals would not be able to get many of the medications that they need nor be able conduct operations with the anesthetics now available. Many people would die as a result.

As these changes would take place overnight, or even within a year, they would pose enormous problems that governments would not be equipped to confront. The public in almost all countries would find these changes intolerable and would revolt against them. It is likely that in many areas there would be a breakdown of civil order, and chaos would result. If governments attempted to enforce the end of fossil fuels, they would have to do so by imposing dictatorships. It is unlikely that the countries of the world as now organized could survive such a transition.

Fortunately, it is unlikely that I would live long enough to see such a tragedy. Greta would, though.

blog.friendsofscience.org/2019/10/30/if-greta-had-her-way

Last edited:

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Everything the oil can do, hemp can do better.

[FONT=Century Gothic, Arial, Verdana]The Many Uses of Hemp

Hemp is one of the most useful plants on Earth.

For thousands of years, humans have used parts of the hemp plant for food, textiles, paper, fabric, and fuel oil. Today, modern processing technologies have made it possible to create alternatives to gasoline, plastic, and other petroleum products that can help the human race lessen its reliance on polluting and expensive fossil fuels.

[/FONT][FONT=Century Gothic, Arial, Verdana] The hemp plant is a renewable resource that can be produced domestically. It grows quickly, naturally resists plant diseases, requires little weeding, thrives in most climates, and enriches the soil it grows in.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Century Gothic, Arial, Verdana]http://informationdistillery.com/hemp.htm[/FONT]

[FONT=Century Gothic, Arial, Verdana]Hemp is a wonderful plant, Cliffy but it will be long time before it becomes a viable alternative to oil based products. In addition, large investments are needed in order to get the raw material from the fields and into customers hands. [/FONT]

[FONT=Century Gothic, Arial, Verdana]https://www.newschannel5.com/news/hemp-farmers-cant-find-places-to-sell-crop-not-enough-processors[/FONT]
[FONT=Century Gothic, Arial, Verdana]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Century Gothic, Arial, Verdana]https://www.bostonglobe.com/news/marijuana/2019/10/25/massachusetts-hemp-farmers-say-they-face-ruin-thanks-state-ban-most-cbd-products[/FONT]
[FONT=Century Gothic, Arial, Verdana]
[/FONT]

[FONT=Century Gothic, Arial, Verdana]Sorry about the links.
[/FONT]