Gnosticism

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
"The absoluteness of certainty is the mother of atrocity." Throughout the ages both religion & political ism's have proven this to be true!

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012
"The absoluteness of certainty is the mother of atrocity." Throughout the ages both religion & political ism's have proven this to be true!

In the esoteric allegorical sense, the solution is at the end of this link.

Regards
DL

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Hey FP nice to see you..I enjoyed that vid.
:)

If all the world were apple pie,
and all the sea were ink,
and all the trees were bread and cheese...
What would we have to drink?"

The Truth May Scare You (I, Pet Goat 2 Analysis)

sin bole ism
;)

Last edited:

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012
Hey FP nice to see you..I enjoyed that vid.
:)

If all the world were apple pie,
and all the sea were ink,
and all the trees were bread and cheese...
What would we have to drink?"

The Truth May Scare You (I, Pet Goat 2 Analysis)

sin bole ism
;)

Hi Danbones. I could not be better buddy.

That Canadian production was indeed well made. Timely and prophetic in fact.

The world does not seem to recognize that when our economic graph looks like a hockey stick with the shank too long, like we have now, it is more likely to break.

Stupid people.

Regards
DL

ShintoMale

Electoral Member
May 12, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Americans are incurably "spiritual," but this spirituality expresses itself in ways that are incompatible with biblical Christianity. It expresses itself in ways that are essentially Gnostic. The American church has not been immune to the influence of this American Gnosticism. In this message, Dr. Peter Jones compares this private, mystical, and inward religious mentality with the corporate, doctrinal, and visible faith of orthodox Christianity.

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012
Americans are incurably "spiritual," but this spirituality expresses itself in ways that are incompatible with biblical Christianity. It expresses itself in ways that are essentially Gnostic. The American church has not been immune to the influence of this American Gnosticism. In this message, Dr. Peter Jones compares this private, mystical, and inward religious mentality with the corporate, doctrinal, and visible faith of orthodox Christianity.

I do not see much Gnosticism in most as most are sheeple and not seekers.
They already have idols. Mostly garbage gods.
Most American's want to follow while Gnostics seek to lead.

We are all more spiritually minded than politically minded. It is the body that kills though.

Perhaps a change of focus is in order.

I will have a peak at your link. Thanks.

Regards
DL

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012
Dr. Peter Jones compares this private, mystical, and inward religious mentality with the corporate, doctrinal, and visible faith of orthodox Christianity.

Dr?

Christianity has good reason to fear the intelligentsia and especially the only good Christians. Gnostic Christians.

Did you note how easily Jones justified the use of inquisitions?

Today, as then, Christians cannot outdo us in apologetics and can only resort to violence.

Rather pathetic that as it shows a dumbed down religion.

Regards
DL

ShintoMale

Electoral Member
May 12, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Dr?
Christianity has good reason to fear the intelligentsia and especially the only good Christians. Gnostic Christians.
Did you note how easily Jones justified the use of inquisitions?
Today, as then, Christians cannot outdo us in apologetics and can only resort to violence.
Rather pathetic that as it shows a dumbed down religion.
Regards
DL

if gnostic christians are good

explain the anti-sex doctrines and the anti-women doctrines that your precious gnostic comrades follow?

Gospel of Thomas "Women are not worthy of life" "For every woman who has become male will enter the Kingdom of heaven."

Christians which you hate so much say we are all one in Christ

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012
if gnostic christians are good

explain the anti-sex doctrines and the anti-women doctrines that your precious gnostic comrades follow?

Gospel of Thomas "Women are not worthy of life" "For every woman who has become male will enter the Kingdom of heaven."

Christians which you hate so much say we are all one in Christ

All one in Christ??

While their dogma says that the vast majority of us will end in hell.

That whole passage, unless you are fool enough to think that women can turn into men, is designed to have us talk of the equality that is demanded by our Universalist religion.

Christians are misogynous but Gnostic Christianity cannot be. We have toed equality to the righteousness of god.

http://gnosis.org/library/ephip.htm

It happens that part of why I chose the label of Gnostic Christian, was it's equality for all.

Regards
DL

ShintoMale

Electoral Member
May 12, 2008
Toronto, Canada
All one in Christ??
While their dogma says that the vast majority of us will end in hell.
That whole passage, unless you are fool enough to think that women can turn into men, is designed to have us talk of the equality that is demanded by our Universalist religion.
Christians are misogynous but Gnostic Christianity cannot be. We have toed equality to the righteousness of god.
http://gnosis.org/library/ephip.htm
It happens that part of why I chose the label of Gnostic Christian, was it's equality for all.
Regards
DL

gnositc christianity hates women and hate sex some claim that sex for procreation is the tool of the satan/devil

keep on dodging the anti-woman and anti-sex doctrines while trashing christianity

christianity

Galatians 3:26-28 King James Version (KJV)
26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

gnostic gospel of thomas that you constsantly dodging and refusing to address

(114) Simon Peter said to them, "Mary should leave us, for females are not worthy of life." Jesus said, "See, I am going to attract her to make her male so that she too might become a living spirit that resembles you males. For every female (element) that makes itself male will enter the kingdom of heaven."

https://www.monergism.com/thethreshold/articles/onsite/gnostics.html

But the last saying in the Gospel of Thomas is far more misogynist than anything found in the Bible. Simon Peter said to them: Let Mary go forth from among us, for women are not worthy of the life. Jesus said: Behold, I shall lead her, that I may make her male, in order that she also may become a living spirit like you males. For every woman who makes herself male shall enter into the kingdom of heaven. (Thomas-114) This saying reflects the low view of women in the Gnostic philosophy. It is ironic that the author of the Da Vinci Code thinks the Gnostic- Jesus was friendlier to women.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB

(114) Simon Peter said to them, "Mary should leave us, for females are not worthy of life." Jesus said, "See, I am going to attract her to make her male so that she too might become a living spirit that resembles you males. For every female (element) that makes itself male will enter the kingdom of heaven."

But the last saying in the Gospel of Thomas is far more misogynist than anything found in the Bible. Simon Peter said to them: Let Mary go forth from among us, for women are not worthy of the life. Jesus said: Behold, I shall lead her, that I may make her male, in order that she also may become a living spirit like you males. For every woman who makes herself male shall enter into the kingdom of heaven. (Thomas-114) This saying reflects the low view of women in the Gnostic philosophy. It is ironic that the author of the Da Vinci Code thinks the Gnostic- Jesus was friendlier to women.
The Gospel of Thomas would be missing the first 8 days Jesus was back from the grave. The Gospel of John the Baptist was written by Mary of Bethany, the unnamed Disciple in John:1. The other Disciple of John the Baptist went on to become an Apostle. After Stephen was killed all Christians left Judea except the Apostles who stayed in Jerusalem until 70AD, In that time they would witness all that is in the Luke:21:12-24 prophecy. Mary went to Asia while God sent Paul to Rome. In the 40 years the Apostles were in Jerusalem she taught many Jews about Jesus and how it fits in with the OT.

Daniel was left wondering about a few things, when Mary died in 100AD she understood what was held back from Daniel. Jesus loved Mary, In John:11 she makes Him cry in public by blaming her brother's death on Jesus because He delayed coming for a few days after He heard he was ill.
This is Peter talking about Mary, the follower that was with Jesus even before Peter was. If you also have the wrong Mary then why would your understanding be better than any false church??
1Jo:1:1-3:
That which was from the beginning,
which we have heard,
which we have seen with our eyes,
which we have looked upon,
and our hands have handled,
of the Word of life;
(For the life was manifested,
and we have seen it,
and bear witness,
and shew unto you that eternal life,
which was with the Father,
and was manifested unto us;)
That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you,
that ye also may have fellowship with us:
and truly our fellowship is with the Father,
and with his Son Jesus Christ.

This is Mary of Bethany, Mary M' and Peter would have hooked up and went to Rome together so she was no sluch, she did not get the same baptism that the ones did the evening after Jesus talked to Mary M. after He was out of the tomb.
1Jo:1:1-3:
That which was from the beginning,
which we have heard,
which we have seen with our eyes,
which we have looked upon,
and our hands have handled,
of the Word of life;
(For the life was manifested,
and we have seen it,
and bear witness,
and shew unto you that eternal life,
which was with the Father,
and was manifested unto us;)
That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you,
that ye also may have fellowship with us:
and truly our fellowship is with the Father,
and with his Son Jesus Christ.
2Jo:1:1:
The elder unto the elect lady and her children,
whom I love in the truth;
and not I only,
but also all they that have known the truth;

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
The problem with books, words, prophesies, imagined to be sacred objects, is they take on a life of their own. If you can get enough of the fearful or joyful to believe in prophecies as sacred objects, they become self fulfilling. The true believers will eventually create the conditions necessary for their beliefs to manifest as reality. They will kill, die, and love while thinking ‘as it is written, so it is’. The unending wars of the various Abrahamic tribes are examples of such belief.
What true believers don’t recognize is because of their belief, for them free will never existed. There are no good or bad choices to be made, no astounding meetings with the heart and love to be made. Things are simply as they are because it is written in an imagined sacred object.
There are no sacred objects, or rather more accurately all things are sacred objects. As sacred objects all things have equal possibilities of mirroring the deepest truth. It is either all sacred or none of it is. And that sacred is the all inclusive great mystery, where such end of days prophecies claimed as being sacred objects, turn out to be merely the musings of fearful poets, and foolish patriarchs with an agenda. - Chris Waller

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
If you had nobody to quote would cliffy (you) still exist in this dimension
If you didn't have the bible to quote from, would you still exist in this dimension?
It's a book... written by men, who are fallible just like you and me. It has been altered thousands of times, re-translated, mistranslated, misinterpreted hundreds of times. It is not the word of god, it is the words of ancient peoples who no longer exist on this plane. Your constant quoting from a plagiarized book only shows that you have no idea where it comes from, who wrote it, why and when it came into being and what influenced the narrative.
Try to take some Chinese text and translate it into English. It comes out gibberish, just like you trying to translate ancient text and trying to make it relevant today.

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012
gnositc christianity hates women and hate sex some claim that sex for procreation is the tool of the satan/devil

keep on dodging the anti-woman and anti-sex doctrines while trashing christianity

christianity

Galatians 3:26-28 King James Version (KJV)
26 For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.

27 For as many of you as have been baptized into Christ have put on Christ.

28 There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither bond nor free, there is neither male nor female: for ye are all one in Christ Jesus.

You have been listening to the wrong side.

You are believing what the inquisitors wrote of us alter burning all the manuscripts that showed how wrong their literalist views of religions were.

You are listening to those who wanted to end freedom of religion.

You might wonder why? That aside.

You have ignored that Gnostic Christianity comes out of esoteric or mystical Judaism and Chrestianity, a human based ideology that has ties equality to the righteousness of god.

Yahweh is an androgynous god, with both male and female characteristics. Jesus is talking more of the two sides of our brains and not about live women.

We do not read our scriptures literally. No one should read anything that way save a very few instances.

Jesus said that women could prophesy and preach as well as men. He was a universalist as your quote indicates.

Christianity took that good trait out of Jesus while Gnostic Christianity does not.

Look at the Gnostic Parfait of the Cathars. 100% equal.

That is the Gnostic Christian political position and does not relate to our spiritual side. The side that that leads us. If your spiritual side exceeds your political side, you are rare.

The male Gnostic Christians tend to ignore that rule of secular law and spiritually lives by the law of the sea by his ethical actions.

We do not drag our women and children down to our lower equal position.

Women and children are never equal to us as our human duty to protect family is our first rule and we must put women and children above us.

Gnostic Christianity is an evolving religion and that is the best rule for equality that we have yet to find.

As perpetual seekers after that god, we are always open to suggestions. That is the Gnostic Jesus way.

Regards
DL

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012
If you had nobody to quote would cliffy (you) still exist in this dimension

Your eye log is obstructing your view.

You quote scriptures more than most, as exemplified in your post just above. That is mostly why I ignore your garbage.

Regards
DL

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
You don't post any, that is why I comment on yours the way I do. My version is at least a full circle, nor do I have to mock your version first to make my version look better than it reads on it's own. You keep saying the text is flawed but never really cover any specifics. My version is very specific about what each passage means. They are posted because if looking the text up was left to you it would never happen.

With all the quotes I do why have your comments about the flaws been rare to totally non existence??
The 'Day of the Lord' thread has a lot of scripture in it that is read in a completely new way. So new there is no link to a site that follows the same theme. You claim to have an understanding above what any Christian has, in the years we have known each other you have yer to take apart anything I have promoted from the literalist POV. If you can't for a solid complaint then it might not be wrong in what is being promoted. What do you do then?? I asked that to a guy who was an expert of the Hebrew version of Ge:1. When the 1611KJV text was beginning to show it was superior I asked him if there was ever any talk about what would happen if somebody came along with a new and logical explanation came along. The famous wall of silence came up at that point.

You have been so busy telling me I am wrong that you don't even know what the finer details of that long thread is.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
You don't have to be a believer to read the Bible. You do have to be over 30 years of age (thinking adult) in this century to have a hope in seeing the book as the work of a single author. I'm kind of the opinion that God will keep it that way for most people until the event horizon for who will be left alive. Nothing to get worked up about really, . . . if you are a child of the light.