Gun Control is Completely Useless.

pgs

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 29, 2008
B.C.
Well, sort of. Remember, Boomster's Canadian. He claims to hate Trudeaubama, but I don't see him marching on Ottawa with his Alberta Militia.

Where I come from, we call that "all hat, no cattle." Or as Mayor Pete called it "the loudmouth guy at the bar."
How do you know he wasn’t in the convoy ?

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
What did you do in the revolution to overthrow Trudeaubama and restore Canadian freedom, Boomster?

Did you serve in the First Alberta Keyboardiers, known far and wide as the elite Screaming Yellowbellies?

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Who said all of them? Realistically can they afford them even with the transfer payments? Oh yeah Quebec can they have a balanced budget with $10+ Billion transfer payment Lol
Why don't you read up on the subject. You don't get very useful informations from Albertsons. They're all victims and WE OWE THEM BIG TIME!!!

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
So it is false that they pay in the most of all Canadian Provinces? It is false that Quebec and Ont. benefit the most from the transfer payments? Please explain that to me and let's try to keep it in recent history let's say the last 10-15 years

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015

Twin_Moose

Hall of Fame Member
Apr 17, 2017
Twin Moose Creek
No, that's not really accurate.
Try to learn something new about your country.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Equalization_payments_in_Canada

Yep Alberta generates the most wealth in GDP so they pay in the most, (residual money above the cost of services and power to generate wealth ), I have said this a few times on different threads, it doesn't change the fact that the excess wealth isn't transferred and Ont. and Quebec benefit the most.

From your article

In 2017, the Coalition Avenir Québec pointed out that since 2003, federal equalization payments to Québec have tripled to more than $11 billion. The party's leader, François Legault, found it "shameful".[16] Federal MP and People's Party of Canada leader Maxime Bernier says that the equalization program leads provinces into what he calls a "poverty trap", where they become dependent on government funds.

In 2012-2013 Ontario's equalization payments increased to a peak of $3.3-billion. It was projected to be $2-billion in 2014-2015. Late January 2012, based on access to the uncensored version of a 2006 censored federal report by Peter Gusen, then director of federal-provincial relations at the finance department, entitled 'An Operational Expenditure Need Equalization Formula for Canada', the Toronto Star alleged that Ontario and BC were shortchanged in the equalization system because wages and cost-of-living expenses were never taken into account by Ottawa.