Abortion

Andem

dev
Mar 24, 2002
Larnaka
I do believe in Abortion. It's the right of the mother not to have a baby, however cruel and inhumane some might find it, it's really the choice of the mother. This planet can not support many more people polluting the earth, and if there's people having kids they don't want -- it's just going to be a bad situation after the other. I wouldn't want to be a child of a mother who wanted an abortion but couldn't have it. I'd rather have never been born.

Just my opinion, but this religion crap bugs me.. How can religion have a say in the law? Ask that to Stephen Harper when he's Prime Minister and you'll get either a) Beat up by his friends and party members or b) Ingored completely. Either way, he won't answer your question and you'll end up more confused on his stand than you did beforehand!

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
I'm not confused about Harper's stand, Andem. I'm confused as to why he is so ashamed of himself that he won't tell people what his stand is. He keeps referring to a silent majority and trying to paint himself as a moderate, then trying to hide his real agenda. He must know that he's out of step with the majority of the Canadian people.

Abortion has to be the choice of the mother. It is her body and her future that are being affected. Should it be used as birth control? Not repeatedly, but people do make mistakes and rubbers do break.

It is also the same people who oppose abortion that have continually opposed easy access to birth control and sex education. They say abstinence is the only way. The reality is that children have been having sex since the dawn of time though and that is not going to stop because their parents say it should. Abstinence, whether the smart choice or not, is not an option likely to be chosen by someone ruled almost completely by their hormones.

Dingbat

May 24, 2004
Ouch, abstinence? Are you serious? Seriously, a fetus hardly qualifies and is hardly equivalent to a fully conscious living human being. Abortion is in no way much more worse then killing a plant or bacteria.

But I agree with what you say about Harper's reaction to the topic. Complete weakness on his part.

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
It gets worse, Dingbat. The US, under George Bush, has tied the preaching of abstinence to aid programs in foreign countries...if you tell people to wear condoms instead of just preaching abstinence you risk losing your funding.

Harper is cut from the same political cloth and has the same religious influences. Can you imagine telling people that if they have sex they will die and offering them no other options?

American Voice

Council Member
Jun 4, 2004
The one world government.

Reverend Blair said:
It gets worse, Dingbat. The US, under George Bush, has tied the preaching of abstinence to aid programs in foreign countries...if you tell people to wear condoms instead of just preaching abstinence you risk losing your funding.

Harper is cut from the same political cloth and has the same religious influences. Can you imagine telling people that if they have sex they will die and offering them no other options?

Rev. Blair, you are misdirecting your ire. The official Administration's condemnation of UNICEF's promotion of contraception in the Third World is a grandstand effort to assuage paranoid redneck hysteria in the United States. They are a people of paradox. It's not about policy in Africa. It's about the suspicion that specific committees in the U.S. House of Representatives might recommend appropriations contrary to "the Bible." The funding is appropriated, anyway, because it is humanitarian and essential. Only it goes through, in essence, clandestine channels. Don't confuse electoral rhetoric with practical policy. It's one of the evils of democracy that more evil is seen to exist than actually prevails.

Koga Ringo

Jun 9, 2004
I personally do not agree with abortions.
In a sense, it is a womans body, and it should be up to her,
but, it isn't completely her body anymore, the fetus just happens to be inside the woman.
But when a baby is just a fetus, it cannot determine what the best course of action would be (obviously) and in all medical situations when this occurs, the next of kin would be the one to decide.
Which in this case would be the mother.

So in a sense, legally it is fair, but realistically it is a different story.

My good friend was adopted, because his mother was only 14 at birth. Instead of canceling the baby, she decided that donating it to families who cannot have children would be a better idea.
Ben has a loving mother and father now, and they have a son.
Ben would have been aborted, and I would have never had such a great friend, and Ben's parents would have missed out on having a child.
What better way could that have ended?

Only in certain situations should abortions be allowed. (In my opinion)

Reverend Blair

Council Member
Apr 3, 2004
Winnipeg
Practical policy is that abstention vs. protection/abortion was a major factor in Bush's decision to skirt the UN's program for AIDS/HIV, Malaria, Tuberculosis and Other Diseases. GM crops were another, but that's completely off topic.

Real people are being hurt, even dying, in real ways because of Bush's religious influences. I do not want my country falling into the same trap, Voice.

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
So if your daughter is raped, you'd be okay with her being forced to carry that child and not give a SFA about her mental health?

Got'cha.

And save the red, Wally; maybe actually make a comment that engages the BS of this stupidity.
Always to the extreme and rare cases with you progs. It would be my daughter's decision what to do.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Being born at seven months, I can tell you it's a two person deal.
:)
You'd think the abortionists would take out the parents if the kid decided they weren't the type it wanted...as long as it promised to vote left, and the parents were right, I guess they likely would.

After the amount of pregnancies aborted in New York (OVER 50% if you are BLACK), these people just voted to import children via any kind of sponsorship, even by ILLEGALS, in the new law just passed, which some say will give a MASSIVE BOOST to CHILD TRAFFICKING.

Inside Kushner’s Budget Bill, Part 1: Amnesty for Illegals With ‘Unaccompanied Minors
https://bigleaguepolitics.com/insid...nesty-for-illegals-with-unaccompanied-minors/

Convicted pedos like Epstien ( who is under investigation AGAIN, because of how light his sentence was, considering how many children he violated ), and wiener, and all the similar type "pedophilia is a lifestyle, not a crime" sickos will be jumping for joy.

Last edited:

Serryah

Executive Branch Member
Dec 3, 2008
New Brunswick
Always to the extreme and rare cases with you progs. It would be my daughter's decision what to do.

Not rare nor extreme. Those instances happen, often enough that they're mentioned as NOT a legitimate excuse to abort. ANYTIME part A fits into part B, a pregnancy can happen, it doesn't matter if it's consensual or not so yes, Rape and Incest can lead to pregnancy and need to be considered in the debate.

And for anyone supporting such a bill, your daughter would NOT have that decision, Walter. That decision is now taken from her. She HAS to have that child, even if she would normally decide not to.

That is the point.

gerryh

Time Out
Nov 21, 2004
Not rare nor extreme. Those instances happen, often enough that they're mentioned as NOT a legitimate excuse to abort. ANYTIME part A fits into part B, a pregnancy can happen, it doesn't matter if it's consensual or not so yes, Rape and Incest can lead to pregnancy and need to be considered in the debate.
And for anyone supporting such a bill, your daughter would NOT have that decision, Walter. That decision is now taken from her. She HAS to have that child, even if she would normally decide not to.
That is the point.

So, the baby is the one that pays the price for the crime, and that price is death, and you have no problem with killing a baby.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
God still has their name in the book of life, that happens at conception. Some parents know they would overwhelmed and they just might kill the child in a fit of anger. Better the mother faces a life of guilt rather than another child is abused. Perhaps to the point of death, perhaps only to the point they become abusers themselves.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
That is the point.
Rape is relatively rare and being impregnated from a rapist even rarer. Abortion, even after giving birth, is available in NY or VA and prahly a few other states so no problem ending a pregnancy.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
' Abortion, even after giving birth,'

How many years after being born can a baby be aborted?? Just of curiosity how old are you and can I have you Mom's private number for a quick call, collect.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
If the woman wasn't raped and if the birth won't kill the mother then I consider it murder if the baby is aborted when it has a heartbeat
That's ridiculous. If you consider a foetus a human being at any stage, there can be no rape/incest exception. That is logically the exact same thing as saying that if an 18 year old was the product of rape, I can walk up to him and shoot him in the head without consequences.