Gnosticism

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012
"As surely as I live, declares the Sovereign Lord, I take no pleasure in the death of the wicked, but rather that they turn from their ways and live" (Ezekiel 33:11)

Deuteronomy 1:16-17 ESV
And I charged your judges at that time, ‘Hear the cases between your brothers, and judge righteously between a man and his brother or the alien who is with him. You shall not be partial in judgment. You shall hear the small and the great alike. You shall not be intimidated by anyone, for the judgment is God's. And the case that is too hard for you, you shall bring to me, and I will hear it.’

Whoever sheds the blood of man, by man shall his blood be shed, for God made man in his own image.

— Genesis 9:6 (ESV)

Gnostics believed that in order to acquire salvation one must possess a certain knowledge, or gnosis, which must be delivered to a person by a messenger of light. However, to receive this knowledge, one must be trying to reach beyond the evil, dark, material, physical earth and body toward that of the good, light, immaterial, and spiritual worlds.

teh gnostic version of salvation is a form of elitism and snobery

Your quotes above do not speak to god and his first unjust judgement.

"Gnostics believed that in order to acquire salvation one must possess a certain knowledge, or gnosis, which must be delivered to a person by a messenger of light."

This I can agree with but only by recognizing that the messenger of light is ourselves. We posit a spark of god within all of us as a way of showing that that god id our life force.

Here is how you get to that spark of life.

Regards
DL

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012
Sorry the virgin birth only exists in Christianity

the gods he listed are NOT results of virgin births

Krishna was not born of virgin, Bhudda was not born of virgin

In Krishna Charitas, Krishna is born to Devaki and her husband, King Vasudeva of the Yadava clan in Mathura.

Gautama(Buddha was born as a Kshatriya,[90][note 12] the son of Śuddhodana, "an elected chief of the Shakya clan",[6] whose capital was Kapilavastu, and who were later annexed by the growing Kingdom of Kosala during the Buddha's lifetime. Gautama was the family name. His mother, Maya (Māyādevī), Suddhodana's wife, was a Koliyan princess. Legend has it that, on the night Siddhartha was conceived, Queen Maya dreamt that a white elephant with six white tusks entered her right side,[92][93] and ten months later[94] Siddhartha was born. As was the Shakya tradition, when his mother Queen Maya became pregnant, she left Kapilavastu for her father's kingdom to give birth. However, her son is said to have been born on the way, at Lumbini, in a garden beneath a sal tree.

those so called Gods are results of the sexual unions between thier fathers and Mothers

Hercules (/ˈhɜːrkjuliːz, -jə-/) is a Roman hero and god. He was the equivalent of the Greek divine hero Heracles, who was the son of Zeus (Roman equivalent Jupiter) and the mortal Alcmene. In classical mythology, Hercules is famous for his strength and for his numerous far-ranging adventures.

Zeus had other children

Dionysus's mother was a mortal woman, Semele, the daughter of king Cadmus of Thebes, and his father was Zeus, the king of the gods. Zeus's wife, Hera, discovered the affair while Semele was pregnant.

Myths are just that. Believe what you like and ignore everything I say if you like. No skin off my nose.

This garbage is not why I post here. It was on your questioning of Gnostic Christianity.

Get with it or I get lost.

Regards
DL

Last edited:

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012
all you have is insults after i debunk your claims

Sigh. I replied to your O.P. for Gnostic Christian issues. If all you want is to look good for debunking Christianity, talk to a Christian who cares. I do not.

I do enough of that on my own elsewhere.

Regards
DL

ShintoMale

Electoral Member
May 12, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Sigh. I replied to your O.P. for Gnostic Christian issues. If all you want is to look good for debunking Christianity, talk to a Christian who cares. I do not.
I do enough of that on my own elsewhere.
Regards
DL

no all you do is spreading satanism here an attacking Christianity if you don't like the responses don't post them

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
What is pathetic is that the Earth is but a spec of dust in comparison to the rest of the Universe and yet this god is concerned with your every belief, word and action. We are nothing more than the Who that Horton Hears - beyond insignificant in the greater scheme of things. Belief in a personal god is beyond egotistical and delusional.

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012
What is pathetic is that the Earth is but a spec of dust in comparison to the rest of the Universe and yet this god is concerned with your every belief, word and action. We are nothing more than the Who that Horton Hears - beyond insignificant in the greater scheme of things. Belief in a personal god is beyond egotistical and delusional.

Indeed, unless that ideal/god is you.

Please see post # 2 which our supernatural believing friend ignored.

Regards
DL

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012
then why are you keep talking about something you don't believe exists?

Because of the damage your religion does to society.

For evil to grow, all good people need do is ignore you and the vile religion you try to push.

If either Islam or Christianity had good moral ideologies to convert people with, there would be no need for Jihads and Inquisitions.

Regards
DL

ShintoMale

Electoral Member
May 12, 2008
Toronto, Canada
Because of the damage your religion does to society.
For evil to grow, all good people need do is ignore you and the vile religion you try to push.
If either Islam or Christianity had good moral ideologies to convert people with, there would be no need for Jihads and Inquisitions.
Regards
DL

this thread is about Gnosticism not crimes committed in the name of religion and speaking of religion the pagan cultures you love so much engage in human and child sacrifice and ritual rapes of children. and they still exist today in secret societies, covens, etc

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012
this thread is about Gnosticism not crimes committed in the name of religion and speaking of religion the pagan cultures you love so much engage in human and child sacrifice and ritual rapes of children. and they still exist today in secret societies, covens, etc

I see a lot of accusations and lies. Show your source and police records.

Regards
DL

ShintoMale

Electoral Member
May 12, 2008
Toronto, Canada
John 18:20, "I spoke openly to the world, I always taught in synagogues and in the temple, where the Jews always meet, and in secret I have said nothing."

Gnosticism is subverting Christian scripture, as part of an ecumenical agenda to converge all world religions. Discover how culture enables this deception through occult traditions and the entertainment industry.

French Patriot

Council Member
Sep 17, 2012
John 18:20, "I spoke openly to the world, I always taught in synagogues and in the temple, where the Jews always meet, and in secret I have said nothing."

Gnosticism is subverting Christian scripture, as part of an ecumenical agenda to converge all world religions. Discover how culture enables this deception through occult traditions and the entertainment industry.

I did not watch your link but decided to just reply to your words.

We do not subvert. As esoteric ecumenists, we use the words given in scriptures, should we find them useful.
As to converging the world religions, like Christianity and Islam, yes, we are a universalist creed even though Christians and Muslims have forgotten their place, and lost their way, which is shown by their used of inquisitions and jihads.

It just happens that Gnostic Christian thinking is indeed the only creed I know of that can incorporate all religions and other ideologies within it's corporeal heaven.

TheChristian reality.

1 John2:15Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any manlove the world, the love of the Father is not in him. 16For all that is in the world, the lust ofthe flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of theFather, but is of the world.

Gen 3; 17 Thoushalt not eat of it; cursed is the ground for thy sake; in toil shalt thou eatof it all the days of thy life.

-----------

The GnosticChristian reality.

GnosticChristian Jesus said, "Those whoseek should not stop seeking until they find. When they find, they will bedisturbed. When they are disturbed, they will marvel, and will reign over all.[And after they have reigned they will rest.]"

"Ifthose who attract you say, 'See, the Kingdom is in the sky,' then the birds ofthe sky will precede you.

If they sayto you, 'It is under the earth,' then the fish of the sea will precede you.

Rather, theKingdom of God is inside of you, and it is outside of you.

[Those who]become acquainted with [themselves] will find it; [and when you] becomeacquainted with yourselves, [you will understand that] it is you who are thesons of the living Father.

But if youwill not know yourselves, you dwell in poverty and it is you who are thatpoverty."

As you cansee from that quote, if we see God's kingdom all around us and inside of us, wecannot think that the world is anything but evolving perfection. Most justdon't see it and live in poverty. Let me try to make you see the world the wayI do.

Here is amind exercise. Tell me what you see when you look around. The best that canpossibly be, given our past history, or an ugly and imperfect world?

Candide.

"It isdemonstrable that things cannot be otherwise than as they are; for as allthings have been created for some end, they must necessarily be created for thebest end.”

That meansthat we live in the best of all possible worlds, given all the conditions athand and the history that got us here. That is an irrefutable statement givenentropy and the anthropic principle.

Regards

DL