Pedestrians mowed down in North York

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Police said between eight and 10 people have been injured. The extent of the injuries is unknown.

There are dead.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Police said between eight and 10 people have been injured. The extent of the injuries is unknown.

There are dead.

Yep, in a very short time on the news it went from "two" to "multiple" to "numerous". Very sad. Just goes to show the futility of worrying about guns.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
He is saying worry about everything not just guns.

Well, if each and every pedestrian at Yonge and Finch had been carrying a loaded weapon and had the presence of mind to react with it on a few seconds notice, we would see a van full of holes, the same number of dead on the tarmac (perhaps more because of the stray bullets flying around) and a still live driver. It sure is a good thing that we don't have the added complication of an armed population blasting away without skill or guile at random.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Well, if each and every pedestrian at Yonge and Finch had been carrying a loaded weapon and had the presence of mind to react with it on a few seconds notice, we would see a van full of holes, the same number of dead on the tarmac (perhaps more because of the stray bullets flying around) and a still live driver. It sure is a good thing that we don't have the added complication of an armed population blasting away without skill or guile at random.

No posts along sidewalks would be simpler.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Before you get lost on Google...

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Before you get lost on Google...

... just in case a mass murderer happens by for the first time ...

How many barriers and bollards in your little town on the Prairie? Statistically, those are a lot more dangerous than North York.

mentalfloss

Prickly Curmudgeon Smiter
Jun 28, 2010
The police and ambulance responders should be commended for what they were able to accomplish today.

Proving once again that we have the best city in the country.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
... just in case a mass murderer happens by for the first time ...

How many barriers and bollards in your little town on the Prairie? Statistically, those are a lot more dangerous than North York.

Come have a look next time you visit your home town.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
Come have a look next time you visit your home town.

Well, it's not my home town but Regina is my father's. There are geographic features there with my surname, named after my city politician grandfather.

We're real Canadians, you see.