Saskatchewan would support Alberta's decision to turn off oil taps

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
It's nice to see support for the pipeline. All the anti-pipeline folks must be beside themselves with anger.
---

Saskatchewan would support Alberta's decision to turn off oil taps
Premier Moe says Saskatchewan won't help source oil for Canada if Alberta decides to cut supply
Elise von Scheel · CBC News

Saskatchewan Premier Scott Moe says he'll stand by Alberta if the province decides to restrict oil exports to pressure British Columbia to abandon its opposition to the Trans Mountain pipeline expansion project.

Moe said he would "absolutely" encourage Rachel Notley, his Alberta counterpart, to cut off domestic exports of its oil.

"If the fuel tanks start to run dry because Premier Notley has turned the tap off, it won't be Saskatchewan filling them up," the premier told CBC Radio's The House.

Though Saskatchewan isn't connected to Kinder Morgan's Trans Mountain pipeline, the delays in getting the $7.4 billion expansion completed are affecting rail shipments of grain and other products in and out of the province because a lot of oil is moving by train, Moe said.

Saskatchewan would support Alberta's decision to turn off oil taps - Politics - CBC News

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
Everyone east of Alberta turned down their request for an energy east upgrade.

Turning off the oil to them too?

lol

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
Don't be scared, Flossy. Your mom and dad will still be able to heat your house. You'll probably have to get your dad to ride his bike more though. :lol:

Retired_Can_Soldier

The End of the Dog is Coming!
Mar 19, 2006
Alberta

lol

Ontario and Quebec.

Why build a pipeline when you can run Venezuelan and Saudi Arabian fuel tankers through our fresh water canals and great lakes?

Hypocrites.

lol

Get your facts straight. The maritime provinces wanted Energy East. Ontario and Quebec just wanted tanker traffic from foreign sources.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
Yes everyone east who wasn't going to get a pipeline through them were all for it.

Thanks for clarifying.

Except not really. Nobody anywhere want a pipeline through it because its a pipeline.

BTW good luck turning off the oil.

Kinder Morgan may not be behind that great idea.

Also re shipping oil through our waterways - isn't that why you want to turn off the oil - because BC doesn't want more oil traffic through our waterways?

Seems like an odd argument to be making...?

Retired_Can_Soldier

Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
Yes everyone east who wasn't going to get a pipeline through them were all for it.

Thanks for clarifying.

Except not really. Nobody anywhere want a pipeline through it because its a pipeline.

BTW good luck turning off the oil.

Kinder Morgan may not be behind that great idea.

Also re shipping oil through our waterways - isn't that why you want to turn off the oil - because BC doesn't want more oil traffic through our waterways?

Seems like an odd argument to be making...?

I'm sure when one of those tankers ruptures in Lake Ontario off the shores of T.O. you'll either be mute or blaming it on Alberta.

Maybe you can blame your future Premier Doug Ford.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
I'm sure when one of those tankers ruptures in Lake Ontario off the shores of T.O. you'll either be mute or blaming it on Alberta.

Maybe you can blame your future Premier Doug Ford.
There are and have been literally hundreds of bills and motions and attempts to control and reduce and regulate and stop oil shipping on the great lakes and through its watershed.

Scooby

Electoral Member
Mar 22, 2012
Alberta
A lot of good people in B.C. are going to suffer when gasoline goes up to $3.00 dollars a litre or more. They are having a housing crisis and a labor shortage already, what are they going to do when driving to work becomes unaffordable?

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017
There are a lot of people in BC suffering now with gas at $1.40

(I don't know how good they are though)

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
Poor Flossy. He just cannot accept the inevitable. Perhaps Alberta might consider annexing BC, when BC goes bankrupt.

Retired_Can_Soldier

Mar 19, 2006
Alberta
There are and have been literally hundreds of bills and motions and attempts to control and reduce and regulate and stop oil shipping on the great lakes and through its watershed.

Except Ontario and Quebec get their fuel cheaper from Venezuela and Saudi Arabia. Off the shore of T.O. there is a platform where fuel tankers hook up and pump fuel through. This "Pipeline" runs underwater then overland to the Metro and Suncor refineries. When I drove fuel in Toronto there was a major shortage back in 2014 because the tankers were waiting for high winds to unload.

I know its tough to accept that pipeline is the safest most efficient route of delivery, but the hypocrisy is hilarious.

captain morgan

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 28, 2009
A Mouse Once Bit My Sister
Except Ontario and Quebec get their fuel cheaper from Venezuela and Saudi Arabia. Off the shore of T.O. there is a platform where fuel tankers hook up and pump fuel through. This "Pipeline" runs underwater then overland to the Metro and Suncor refineries. When I drove fuel in Toronto there was a major shortage back in 2014 because the tankers were waiting for high winds to unload.

I know its tough to accept that pipeline is the safest most efficient route of delivery, but the hypocrisy is hilarious.

I would be very interested in determining if that oil to Ont and Que is in fact cheaper than a p/l.

Both forms of transport have enormous capital costs involved, but the Opex costs of a p/l are significantly lower.

Hoid

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 15, 2017

The term "safest" is laughable.

There is no safe way or good way to transport this shit. That is why we need to get off of it and the last thing we need at this point in history is to triple the amount of shit flowing into BC and out over our waters.

If we could get Alberta to turn off the taps and get gasoline upo to $3 a liter that would be great.

The price of gas now is high enough to make alternative energy feasible. 3 bucks a liter will make it a done deal.

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
No need for the potty mouth, Flossy.

You will not see a change in the oil sector in your lifetime. Get used to it. Your frustration and dreaming will not change a thing.