Inquiry Murdered and Missing Aboriginal Women

Glacier

Electoral Member
Apr 24, 2015
Okanagan
The previous government said that an inquiry was not needed, and for good reason.

Now that the new government is promising to conduct an inquiry, aboriginal advocates are cautioning the government to be careful, or in other words, we know already that the white man is to blame, so the inquiry needs to figure out how the white man can clean up his act so as to prevent this from continue to happen in the future.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Not just their own men, in fact.

This is why an inquiry is needed. If natives are selling their own family members into slavery and the sex trade, that should be public.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Not to worry, Justine will make sure the "white man" will be blamed.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Walter, you must have a miserable existence, blaming everything on the Liberals, seeing only the worst thing you can imagine everywhere.

You should run outside in your underwear and shake a shovel at someone, it would make you feel better about your miserable life.

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
You should run outside in your underwear and shake a shovel at someone, it would make you feel better about your miserable life.
I don't wear underwear, it's commando all the way, man.

coldstream

on dbl secret probation
Oct 19, 2005
Chillliwack, BC
I think they'll find the phenomenon of missing and murdered women.. prostitutes, homeless, drug addicted.. by pimps, pushers, serial predators.. is pretty well representative of the ethnic makeup of those on the streets of major cities. It is certainly a problem.. but it is not an problem of racism.. its a problem of the collapse of community and family.. amongst aboriginals and beyond.

AnnaG

Hall of Fame Member
Jul 5, 2009
I am going to leave the predictions to the resident witches and their crystal balls and the tarot readers. I will just wait to see what the inquiry reveals.

tmi walter . no one cares if you let yer cods hang loose in yer britches.
You beat me to it.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Marilyn Poitras on why she resigned as MMIWG commissioner and her hopes for change - CBC News | Indigenous

MMIWG loses another key staffer as families slam 'colonial' inquiry process, demand hard reset - Politics - CBC News

MMIWG inquiry losing 2 more staffers - Manitoba - CBC News

Yukoner says she was fired from MMIWG inquiry without cause | CBC News

'Sick internal culture' says fired staffer of MMIWG inquiry - Manitoba - CBC News

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
He’s so innocent he doesn’t even know he punked them.

If he didn't know when that photo was taken, he most certainly does now.

Did you read any of the articles, Angst? No need really, basically each of these women resigned or were fired when things didn't go the way they wanted them too. Each of them came to the inquiry with their own agenda(s) and preconceived conditions for their idea of success. All of their agendas came with price tags that were in addition to the amount the inquiry was given to conduct its business. Many of their demands were outside the scope of the inquiry whose stated mandate is to get at the root causes of violence against native women and girls. What it was not meant to do was to re-open cases that have been duly adjudicated. Nor was it meant to set-up and fund clinics/healing centers/trans safe-spaces/drug clinics/addiction research centers on reserves. In addition, it wasn't meant to address housing, roads, water, and all the myriad problems on certain reserves. Yet all of these issues have been raised at every single one of the hearings taking valuable time away from that allotted to the testimony of the families.

The slow unraveling of this inquiry would be laughable were it not for the $53 million and counting attached to it.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
This is why topics like this cannot be discussed on CBC

Oh and why exactly is that Hoid? The CBC will let one comment on almost any subject but one - any indigenous issue. Would be nice to know why opinions on that topic are sacrosanct.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
I would thing that one restriction puts their whole platform about free speech into question. The truth doesn't need protection from discussion, all lies do though. BTW the issue that cannot be talked about is anything that is Jewish in nature.

Starting off with a whopper of a lie doen't do much for your rep but it does get you a seat with the loco collective.

Angstrom

Hall of Fame Member
May 8, 2011
What a total shit show this Trudeau’s administration has been.

I don’t think Trudeau even has a tiny clue what leadership is.

At least we have antifa leading the way in reconciliation

Johnnny

Frontiersman
Jun 8, 2007
Third rock from the Sun
In Thunder Bay the main killer of natives are other natives.

No matter how much money and privileges the white man gives the natives in the end things will only change once the natives do more to help themselves.

There I said it I'm a racist now