Major Democrat Donor Slammed with Sexual Harassment Allegations

Walter

Hall of Fame Member
Jan 28, 2007
Furthermore, this very problem is generations old.
Since God created humans in fact, that's how old it is. However, the Dems always say they are against this kind of behaviour, but when one of their own gets caught they either defend the behaviour, ignore the behaviour, or, as in Mrs. Clinton's case, attack the accuser.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
On October 7, 2016, during the 2016 United States presidential election, The Washington Post released a video and accompanying article about then presidential candidate Donald Trump and television host Billy Bush having "an extremely lewd conversation about women" in 2005. In the video, Trump indicated that he might start kissing a woman that he and Bush were about to meet during the filming of an episode of Access Hollywood, a show owned by NBCUniversal. Trump then said: "I don't even wait. And when you're a star, they let you do it, you can do anything... grab them by the pussy". As a result of this remark, some in the media dubbed the resulting scandal Pussygate.[1] Commentators and lawyers have described such an action as sexual assault.
News of the recording broke two days before the second 2016 presidential debate between Trump, the Republican nominee, and Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton. Trump gave a statement in which he apologized for the video's content, but deflected by saying that Bill Clinton had "said far worse to me on the golf course."[2] The recording provoked strong reactions by media figures and politicians across the political spectrum. Statements from Republican officials were varied. Some, including Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, Trump's vice-presidential running mate Mike Pence, and Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus, indicated their disapproval of Trump's words but did not renounce their support or call for his resignation from the ticket. Other Republicans, most prominently former presidential nominee John McCain, stated that they would no longer support Trump's presidential campaign, and some called for his withdrawal from the ticket. House Speaker Paul Ryan announced that he would no longer defend or support Trump's campaign, although he did not officially retract his endorsement of Trump. Bush resigned from his position as a host on NBC's Today show, while Trump would face allegations of sexual misconduct from several women before he would go on to win the election.

Nothing new under the sun.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
You have to love the way they are spinning that he is a lone wolf.

https://sputniknews.com/society/201710161058269914-celebrities-reaction-weinstein-academy-expulsion/
Celebrities approved the expulsion of the disfavored film producer from the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences following its emergency meeting on October 14.

During the special session held in Los Angeles on Saturday morning, the Academy's board of governors voted to expel Harvey Weinstein due to allegations he sexually harassed or assaulted a number of women over the past three decades.
The organization stated: "We do so not simply to separate ourselves from someone who does not merit the respect of his colleagues but also to send a message that the era of willful ignorance and shameful complicity in sexually predatory behavior and workplace harassment in our industry is over. What's at issue here is a deeply troubling problem that has no place in our society. The board continues to work to establish ethical standards of conduct that all Academy members will be expected to exemplify."

Reality is he is being exiled from the group that does the very same thing but they don't get caught with their pants down. He will be well rewarded for falling on the sword and not letting the facts out.

https://sputniknews.com/columnists/201710131058204981-harvey-weinstein-hollywood-culture/
The only surprise concerning the exposure of Hollywood movie mogul Harvey Weinstein as a serial abuser of women is that anybody could possibly be surprised. We are, after all, talking about a town, industry and culture which not only produces monsters it goes out of its way to cultivate and worship them.

Sympathy for Mr. Weinstein is notably in exceedingly short supply among family members, former friends, associates, and fellow studio execs in Hollywood — not to mention high profile political figures within the US liberal political community whose "loyalty" and friendship he'd cultivated over the years with the judicious use of campaign donations. All of them have scrambled for cover, treating a man they once revered as a veritable sun king as something akin to radioactive waste overnight.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
he was making donations of various types
;)
some of them little democarps can really swim I bet

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
“Just wondering if the DNC is going to return its contributions from Harvey Weinstein,” the cameraman asked.

“You have a nice weekend, sir,” Perez said while still walking.

spaminator

Hall of Fame Member
Oct 26, 2009
NFL sportscaster Al Michaels ripped for insensitive Harvey Weinsten joke aimed at Giants
POSTMEDIA NETWORK
First posted: Monday, October 16, 2017 07:27 AM EDT | Updated: Monday, October 16, 2017 07:48 AM EDT
Longtime NFL sportscaster Al Michaels apologized during Sunday Night Football after making what he called a “flippant” joke that compared move mogul Harvey Weinstein and the struggling New York Giants.
Michaels’ exaggerated claim that the now 1-5 Giants were “coming off a worse week than Harvey Weinstein” amid a 23-10 win over the Denver Broncos was met with harsh criticism.
NFL analyst Cris Collinsworth snickered at his co-host’s remark, saying “only my L.A. guy comes up with that one.”
The joke wasn’t well received, to say the least.
Immediate social media backlash provoked an apology when NBC returned from a break.
“Sorry I made a reference earlier, before, tried to be a little flippant about this. Somebody, obviously, very much in the news all over the country," Michaels said.
"It was not meant in that manner. So, my apologies, and we'll just leave it at that."
Dozens of women have made allegations of sexual harassment and assault against the movie mogul in recent days, some dating back decades.
http://twitter.com/i/videos/tweet/919853638331305984
NFL sportscaster Al Michaels ripped for insensitive Harvey Weinsten joke aimed a

'Big Bang Theory' star Mayim Bialik attacked for Weinstein column suggesting she avoids sexual harassment by dressing modestly, not getting plastic surgery
'I dress modestly. I don’t act flirtatiously with men as a policy'
WENN.com
First posted: Sunday, October 15, 2017 10:34 PM EDT | Updated: Monday, October 16, 2017 12:03 AM EDT
Mayim Bialik is responding to the criticism she is facing over an article she wrote about the allegations against Harvey Weinstein, insisting her words were taken out of context.
The Big Bang Theory actress wrote a New York Times article titled Being a Feminist in Harvey Weinstein’s World on Friday after more than 30 women came forward with allegations of sexual harassment and abuse against Weinstein.
In the article, Bialik wrote about her strong feminist stance and appeared to suggest she is “overlooked” in sexual harassment situations because she does not adhere to the classic standard of beauty in Hollywood.
“As a proud feminist with little desire to diet, get plastic surgery or hire a personal trainer, I have almost no personal experience with men asking me to meetings in their hotel rooms,” she wrote. “Those of us in Hollywood who don’t represent an impossible standard of beauty have the ‘luxury’ of being overlooked and, in many cases, ignored by men in power unless we can make them money.”
The 41-year-old also explained she makes choices she finds to “self-protecting and wise” to avoid any inappropriate situations.
“I have decided that my sexual self is best reserved for private situations with those I am most intimate with,” she wrote. “I dress modestly. I don’t act flirtatiously with men as a policy.”
“I am entirely aware that these types of choices might feel oppressive to many young feminists,” she added. “Women should be able to wear whatever they want. They should be able to flirt however they want with whomever they want. Why are we the ones who have to police our behavior? In a perfect world, women should be free to act however they want. But our world isn’t perfect. Nothing - absolutely nothing - excuses men for assaulting or abusing women. But we can’t be naive about the culture we live in.”
After the article was published, many people took to social media, including Patricia Arquette, accusing Bialik of victim blaming.
However, Bialik insists her words were misunderstood.
“I’m being told my N.Y. Times piece resonated with so many and I am beyond grateful for all of the feedback,” she writes on Twitter. “I also see a bunch of people have taken my words out of the context of the Hollywood machine and twisted them to imply that God forbid I would blame a woman for her assault based on her clothing or behavior. Anyone who knows me and my feminism knows that’s absurd and not at all what this piece was about. It’s so sad how vicious people are being when I basically live to make things better for women.”
Mayim has also revealed she will host a Facebook Live discussion with the newspaper to clear up the controversy.

http://nytimes.com/2017/10/13/opinion/mayim-bialik-feminist-harvey-weinstein.html
'Big Bang Theory' star Mayim Bialik attacked for Weinstein column suggesting she

Donna Karan says she was 'confused' when she was asked about Harvey Weinstein
WENN.COM
First posted: Monday, October 16, 2017 08:46 AM EDT | Updated: Monday, October 16, 2017 08:58 AM EDT
Donna Karan has insisted she was “confused” when she first made controversial comments over the Harvey Weinstein scandal.
The American fashion designer came under fire when she appeared to defend the film producer, who is currently undergoing an investigation after being accused of sexual assault and harassment by a number of women, including actresses Angelina Jolie and Gwyneth Paltrow.
When first questioned about Weinstein’s behaviour at the CineFashion Film Awards last week, Karan said some women are “asking for trouble” with the way they dress and described the movie mogul and his fashion designer wife, Georgina Chapman, who has now split from her husband, as “wonderful” people.
Her comments angered many people, including actress Rose McGowan - one of the women named in The New York Times expose of Weinstein’s reported sexual misconduct - and after apologizing for her words again, Karan has now explained how she came about her answer.
Quizzed by WWD on what she was asked on the red carpet that day, she replied, “What did I think about what happened to Harvey. And I was confused by the question. I mean, I hadn’t been paying attention to any of the news, and you hear little stories here and a little story there. And quite honestly, it wasn’t my place to say anything. Sometimes the press can kind of gear you on, and I didn’t feel it was appropriate.”
When a reporter pointed out that Karan did comment on the accusations despite claiming she wasn’t the right person to address the allegations, the 69-year-old insisted she spoke in general terms and that harassment is unacceptable under any terms.
“Because I heard a little bit of rumour,” she added. “It was not like I had heard the entire story. It was like a complete rumour that I had heard and I didn’t want to comment on it. So I kind of weaved my way around it. I know Georgina, I know Harvey, and I didn’t think it was appropriate for me to be commenting on it, so I wiggled my way out of it. However, what I did comment on was sexual harassment.”
Weinstein was fired from The Weinstein Company, the firm he co-founded, following the flurry of sex assault allegations made against him in the original Times article.
Donna Karan says she was 'confused' when she was asked about Harvey Weinstein |

Weinstein Co., overwhelmed by backlash, may be up for sale
Damian J. Troise, THE ASSOCIATED PRESS
First posted: Monday, October 16, 2017 01:48 PM EDT | Updated: Monday, October 16, 2017 01:52 PM EDT
NEW YORK — The Weinstein Co., besieged by sexual harassment allegations against its namesake and co-founder, may be putting itself up for sale.
The company said Monday that it will receive an immediate cash infusion from Colony Capital and is in negotiations for the potential sale of all or a significant portion of the company responsible for producing films such as “Django Unchained,” ”The Hateful Eight“ and ”Lion.“
Colony Capital, the private-equity arm of Colony NorthStar, was founded by Thomas Barrack, a close adviser to President Donald Trump. Barrack chaired Trump’s presidential inaugural committee.
Harvey Weinstein was fired last week by the film production company he helped create. The allegations of sexual harassment and assault against Weinstein span decades and include many of the film industry’s leading actresses.
The backlash has been severe as more women go public with their interactions with Weinstein.
Law enforcement in the U.S. and Europe are taking a new look at past allegations.
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences has revoked his membership, as has the British Academy of Film and Television Arts.
Amazon Studios, the growing film arm of Amazon, cut ties with the Weinstein company last week. Robert De Niro, Julianne Moore and director David O. Russell scrapped an untitled Amazon Studios series that was being produced by The Weinstein Co.
Showtime has threatened to pull out of an Oliver Stone drama in development, “Guantanamo,” because Weinstein Co. is a producer.
Word of a potential sale comes just three days after Bob Weinstein, who helped found the company with his brother, Harvey, said that a sale was not an option.
“We are pleased to invest in The Weinstein Company and to help it move forward,” Colony said Monday. “We will help return the company to its rightful iconic position in the independent film and television industry.”
The list of women alleging harassment and assault by Harvey Weinstein continues to grow. More than 30 women, including actresses Angelina Jolie, Ashley Judd and Gwyneth Paltrow — have spoken out.
Weinstein Co., overwhelmed by backlash, may be up for sale | Celebrities | Enter

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
NFL sportscaster Al Michaels ripped for insensitive Harvey Weinsten joke aimed at Giants
POSTMEDIA NETWORK
First posted: Monday, October 16, 2017 07:27 AM EDT | Updated: Monday, October 16, 2017 07:48 AM EDT
Longtime NFL sportscaster Al Michaels apologized during Sunday Night Football after making what he called a “flippant” joke that compared move mogul Harvey Weinstein and the struggling New York Giants.
Michaels’ exaggerated claim that the now 1-5 Giants were “coming off a worse week than Harvey Weinstein” amid a 23-10 win over the Denver Broncos was met with harsh criticism.
NFL analyst Cris Collinsworth snickered at his co-host’s remark, saying “only my L.A. guy comes up with that one.”
The joke wasn’t well received, to say the least.
Immediate social media backlash provoked an apology when NBC returned from a break.
“Sorry I made a reference earlier, before, tried to be a little flippant about this. Somebody, obviously, very much in the news all over the country," Michaels said.
"It was not meant in that manner. So, my apologies, and we'll just leave it at that."

It was a joke. Not a good one. Somewhere along the line we have lost our sense of humour.

Tecumsehsbones

Hall of Fame Member
Mar 18, 2013
Washington DC
And no one cares. There are an even greater number of sexual scandals involving Republicans.
If you don't despise Harvey Weinstein every bit as much as you despise Roger Ailes, or vice versa, you really don't give a damn about sexual assault and sexual harassment, you merely want to use them as a stick to beat your favourite political bogeyman. That pretty much applies to everybody who posted in this thread, except Cliffy, who's just nuts.

Roger Ailes is scum. Harvey Weinstein is scum. Bill O'Reilly is scum. Anthony Weiner is pathetic scum. All of them belong in adjacent cells.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
If the media is trying to hide it, how come it's all over the media?
Why are you so concerned about this while you flat out deny that children are being molested by the same sime pool he comes from. Where has that ethics guideline for the last 70 years or so??

Weinstein's Film Academy Ouster Raises Concerns about Others
Weinstein's Film Academy Ouster Raises Concerns about Others

Harvey Weinstein has been kicked out of the group that awards the Oscars and his producers guild expulsion is a formality at this point, but now questions are being raised about what to do with others accused of wrongdoing who remain card-carrying members of the entertainment industry's most prestigious organizations.
Before Saturday, only one person is said to have had their Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Science membership revoked, and that was for loaning out awards screeners. And before Monday, the only people to have lost their Producers Guild of America standing were those who had failed to pay their dues. Now, both organizations have opened a can of worms in expelling Weinstein for conduct following more than three dozen accusations of sexual harassment, including from some of Hollywood's most well-known actresses.
"People recognized this was an extremely important decision on the part of the Academy," film academy board member and Lucasfilm President Kathleen Kennedy told The Associated Press Monday. "I think they made the right choice."
The film academy said its decision was, in part, to "send a message that the era of willful ignorance and shameful complicity in sexually predatory behavior and workplace harassment in our industry is over." The board also intends to establish ethical standards that its members will be expected to uphold.
The implications could be far-ranging for the 8,400-plus member group. What becomes of Roman Polanski, who in the 1970s pleaded guilty to having sex with a 13-year-old girl he plied with champagne and Quaaludes? Or Bill Cosby, who has faced dozens of allegations of sexual assault?
The list of film academy members is not public, and thus, occasionally there are incorrect assumptions made about who is in fact a member. Woody Allen, for one, is not.
"We are going to have to look at what does that mean for the future, what kind of changes — moral clause — that we need to put into the bylaws at the academy," Kennedy said. "And then I'm sure that the next step will be that we'll start to look at some of these other people."
Now the scrutiny around other potentially problematic members has already become something of a dark joke.
John Oliver took the organization behind the Oscars to task this week on his HBO show.
"Yes, finally — the group that counts among its current members Roman Polanski, Bill Cosby and Mel Gibson has found the one guy who treated women badly and kicked him out," Oliver said Sunday night. "So congratulations, Hollywood. See you at the next Oscars where — and this is true — Casey Affleck will be presenting Best Actress."

https://sputniknews.com/society/201710181058338905-lena-headey-harvey-weinstein-allegation/
#MeToo: Now GoT Star Headey Alleges Harvey Weinstein Sexually Harassed Her

The long list of women accusing Harvey Weinstein of sexual harassment has got even longer, after Game of Thrones actress Lena Headey revealed that the disgraced film mogul accosted her on two separate occasions.

English actress Lena Headey, who currently stars as Cersei Lannister in the TV series Game of Thrones, has alleged that film producer Harvey Weinstein made a suggestive comment to her during promotion of The Brothers Grimm in 2005. On another occasion, he allegedly tried to get her to come to his hotel room.
Writing on Twitter, Headey says that Weinstein "made some suggestive comment, a gesture," as they went for a walk during the Venice Film Festival. After refusing his suggestion, Headey "was never in any other Miramax film," she says.