Why does Justin Trudeau talk like a raging homo?

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
He is still finishing Harper's ActionPlan. I can't wait for a 4 lane highway through BC to wrap up next year. It'll shave off 2 hours from Vancouver to Calgary.

Next year????? You have to be kidding! I won't see it in my lifetime and many others won't either!

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Have you been on Hwy 1 lately?

A year ago but my friend drives it all the time. There's still 300 km. to complete.

Have you been on Hwy 1 lately?

Perhaps the following will be helpful, Petros

"In total, there are 337 kilometres of Highway 1 between Kamloops and the Alberta Border under provincial control (with Parks Canada responsible for the remaining 103 kilometres). Four-laning that much highway is a long-term effort, and there’s currently no timeframe for completing the entire route. However, the Province is committed to improving the safety and reliability of the corridor and has committed $650 million over 10 years to do so."

$650 million is just a drop in the bucket of what it will take to complete it!

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I doubt it. Get used to saying Prime Minister Scheer in 2019

I don't know much about this Scheer, but there's something definitely wrong should Justin win another term. About the best thing that can be said about him is he has some ability to go with the flow! He's shown very little ability for original thinking. He can't really even grasp simple concepts as is proven by his conception that splitting cabinet posts 50/50 according to gender is showing fairness whereas anyone with an I.Q. of 90 knows that dividing cabinet posts up among those who are most qualified is the only really fair way of doing it. He can't seem to even grasp that the main purpose of government is to get a job done and enact needed legislation, not to make highly paid caucus feel good about themselves. The reason there is the appearance of good fiscal management right now is because he's virtually abandoned infrastructure.

2 term PM, get used to it haters :lol:

"Haters" is not the correct term, Boomer! I can even have some respect for people I hate. "Seeing through" someone is not the same as hating them.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
Scheer was 23 when I met him campaigning. He is a smart,articulate and compassionate person.

He slaughtered long time NDP MP Lorne Nystrom at the polls, was the youngest appointed Speaker of the House and now the youngest Party Leader. He set out with the goal of being PM in grade school and dedicated his life to doing it and will.

We are on a first name basis and chat every Sunday at Church when he isn't in Ottawa.

He helped me advocate getting pogey for an elderly lady who is 80 and still working, 4 disabled people get the Disability Tax Credit and RSDP, another secure loans for a start up through the Western Economic Diversification Canada.

Last edited:

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
You won't see UNtrudeau gone next election, he has already been decreed to be the next term PM by the powers that run the show. So until you see some big scandals to justify the selection of the next chosen one, he will still be there.

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
A year ago but my friend drives it all the time. There's still 300 km. to complete.

Perhaps the following will be helpful, Petros

"In total, there are 337 kilometres of Highway 1 between Kamloops and the Alberta Border under provincial control (with Parks Canada responsible for the remaining 103 kilometres). Four-laning that much highway is a long-term effort, and there’s currently no timeframe for completing the entire route. However, the Province is committed to improving the safety and reliability of the corridor and has committed $650 million over 10 years to do so."

$650 million is just a drop in the bucket of what it will take to complete it!

I drove it in June. It was a slow drive with orange zones galore.

They have been blasting and doing cuts and fills through the Parks, twinning and replacing bridges like crazy and snowsheds can be precast modular, trucked in and assembled.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I drove it in June. It was a slow drive with orange zones galore.

They have been blasting and doing cuts and fills through the Parks, twinning and replacing bridges like crazy and snowsheds can be precast modular, trucked in and assembled.

That's six km. to be completed in 2018, Pete, with 40 km to start later- nothing to do with Rogers Pass. That highway won't be complete before 2035!

petros

The Central Scrutinizer
Nov 21, 2008
Low Earth Orbit
You are correct I miss read it, AB border to Golden will be finished in 2018. The remaining 6km is the last piece of Kicking Horse. A whopping $110M per Km.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
You are correct I miss read it, AB border to Golden will be finished in 2018. The remaining 6km is the last piece of Kicking Horse. A whopping $110M per Km.

Yep, makes you wonder, back about 1957 the most expensive mile in North America was built for about $2.6 million. That was at Hell's Gate in the Fraser Canyon. Excavation of solid rock at the time was about $1.60 a yard.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
It's igneous rock in the canyon which is a hell of a lot more stable than that metamorphic in Kicking Horse.

I guess it's hard to beat Granite and Basalt, eh? (Whatever that has to do with Justin being a raging homo) :)

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.

My friend who was one of the top highway designers for many year estimates it won't be done before 2051. I'm inclined to agree. I don't think during the past 20 years they haven't completed more than about 3 km. a year on average.