Coconut oil isn't healthy. It's never been healthy

tay

Hall of Fame Member
May 20, 2012
The American Heart Association recently released a report advising against the use of coconut oil.

The Dietary Fats and Cardiovascular Disease advisory reviewed existing data on saturated fat, showing coconut oil increased LDL ("bad") cholesterol in seven out of seven controlled trials. Researchers didn't see a difference between coconut oil and other oils high in saturated fat, like butter, beef fat and palm oil. In fact, 82% of the fat in coconut oil is saturated, according to the data — far beyond butter (63%), beef fat (50%) and pork lard (39%).

"Because coconut oil increases LDL cholesterol, a cause of CVD [cardiovascular disease], and has no known offsetting favorable effects, we advise against the use of coconut oil," the American Heart Association said in the Dietary Fats and Cardiovascular Disease advisory.

Frank Sacks, lead author on the report, said he has no idea why people think coconut oil is healthy. It's almost 100% fat. Past weight loss studies might be responsible.

“The reason coconut oil is so popular for weight loss is partly due to my research on medium chain triglycerides," Marie-Pierre St-Onge, associate professor of nutritional medicine at Cornell University Medical School, told TIME in April. "Coconut oil has a higher proportion of medium-chain triglycerides than most other fats or oils, and my research showed eating medium-chain triglycerides may increase the rate of metabolism more than eating long-chain triglycerides.”

The problem is St-Onge's research used a "designer oil" packed with 100% MCTs. Traditional coconut oil only contains about 13 to 15%. Another study she published showed smaller doses of MCTs doesn't help with weight loss in overweight adolescents.

The AHA recommends eating no more than 6% of saturated fat as part of total daily calories for those who need lower cholesterol.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news...snt-healthy-its-never-been-healthy/402719001/

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
LDL cholesterol, a cause of CVD
more fake news!

The Cholesterol Myth Has Been Busted — Yet Again
A 40-year-old previously unpublished trial shows that while replacing saturated fat with vegetable oil lowered total cholesterol by 14 percent, for every 30 point drop in total cholesterol there was a 22 percent increased chance of death
The Cholesterol Myth Has Been Busted Yet Again

yup 40 year old unpublished study...of course it was...
;)

"This is good news, since dietary cholesterol plays an important role in brain health and memory formation, and is indispensable for the building of cells and the production of stress and sex hormones, as well as vitamin D. (When sunlight strikes your bare skin, the cholesterol in your skin is converted into vitamin D.)

Unfortunately, the dietary guidelines still cling to outdated misinformation about saturated fat, wrongly accusing it of raising LDL and contributing to heart disease. Here, science has shown that saturated fat only raises the safe, fluffy LDL particles. It also increases HDL, which is beneficial for your heart."
(from the link)

"The truth is, eating coconut oil will improve your cholesterol values and reduce your risk of heart disease. Many people, however, have expressed concern after having their blood cholesterol checked and finding that their total cholesterol has increased since they began using coconut oil. If coconut oil reduces risk of heart disease, why did their cholesterol levels rise? -Health Benefits of Coconut Oil | Will Eating Coconut Oil Raise My Cholesterol?

Help the global warming supporters! Eat more margarine, the world needs less people!!!

...of course having a heart attack and surviving with no measurable damage when I should have died doing it the official way, doesn't make me a theoretical expert does it?
;)
Also since coconut oil has majorly positive effects on Alzheimers, am I to suppose you are saying having, and dying of Alzheimers is considered healthy on your planet?

Dementia now leading cause of death
Dementia now leading cause of death - BBC News

Dementia and Alzheimer's leading cause of death in England and Wales
https://www.theguardian.com/society...mers-leading-cause-of-death-england-and-wales

Last edited:

Murphy

Executive Branch Member
Apr 12, 2013
Ontario
My shampoo (not real poo) has coconut oil in it! Does that mean it's bad for my hair?

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Difficult to say: co-conut oil operates in conjunction with conut oil, but may not exactly be the same as conut oil.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
How about coconut itself? If I buy a fresh coconut and eat the meat and milk from it, will the Grim Reaper be peering over my shoulder the whole time? There's got to be coconut oil in there, somewhere.

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
if god didn't want you to eat them he wouldn't have made them out of meat
;)

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
The American Heart association is there to promote heart medications and surgeries. Their recommendations are not based in science but quackery. They know nothing (or more correctly, they tell you nothing useful) about cholesterol or proper diet. I had 2 heart attacks in '96 and they said if I didn't get an immediate triple bypass I would be dead within a month. Well I didn't get the surgery and I'm still here 21 years later. I also did not take any of their drugs. They told me to not go into hot tubs or saunas, so the first thing I did when I got home was to phone up a friend and ask him to fire up his sweat lodge. Do your own research. They really don't know what they are talking about and are there to create customers for Big Pharma.

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
My Cholesterol has been on target ever since I lied about how long I have fasted. If I say 12 hours I will have fasted for 13 or 14, if I say 6 hours I will have fasted 7 or 8 hours. As far as I can tell I should be spacing my meals further apart.

Olive oil is best at attacking issues that are within 5mm of the surface of the skin. Ozonated coconut oil will go much deeper and it is better for internal organs etc.

As with most things that naturally help you it is demonized so you don't stay healthy. A real test would have had other people using different oil and those are the results that are worth something. Canola in that test would show that coconut oil is much better for you than even olive oil.

Ozonated Olive Oil is very good for a person's health. Bubble ozone through it for 24 hrs and put it in the freezer for a few hours. Once it gells up put it in the fridge and it will stay in a cream form and it will hold the ozone for about a year. I make 2 liters a month as that is the size of the jar I use. Since the oil only costs $10 I give most of it away. Do that to Coconut oil and the product is even better.

https://www.mypromolife.com/blog/2014/12/the-many-benefits-of-ozonated-oil
The Many Benefits of Ozonated Oil

Recently, we started creating ozonated oils in house, to control the production and make sure you get the best possible results. We’ve been able to implement some of the changes our customers have been requesting and can now offer the best quality oils at the best prices. You asked for glass packaging, so our oils are now available in two ounce blue glass jars. Special order sizes are available upon request. In addition, we now offer ozone suppositories. We’re convinced you’ll be as pleased with our new PurO3 Ozonated Oils as we are.
In case you’re not familiar with what ozonated oil can do, we’ve put together a brief history and some of the many benefits our friends and customers have noticed.
A brief history of ozonated oils

Ozonated olive oil was discovered quite by accident in the early 1900s, when breathing ozone through oil was used to treat tuberculosis. After many treatments the olive oil turned into a gel and seemed to hold ozone for a long time, making it a great salve used for a variety of ailments (1). Famous inventor Nikola Tesla was the first to market it, and as early as 1904 it was being sold in pharmacies all over the country under the name Glycozone (2).
Ozone therapy and the use of ozone oils was flourishing in the United States in the early to mid 1900s, but like many natural remedies of the time its chemical competitors tried to discredit it. With the advent of antibiotics and new drug therapies, pharmaceutical salesmen pushed their drugs as the new way to treat diseases. The FDA became the bully pulpit for drug companies, going so far as to outlaw ozone therapies for use by medical doctors.
Now, however, ozone therapy is making a huge comeback. In fact, ozone is used in over 20 countries in hospitals and clinics and ozonated oils are being researched around the world (3).
What can ozonated oil do for you?

Ozonated olive oil is a gel that can last for 10 years if kept refrigerated or around one year at room temperature. It is known to destroy bacteria, viruses, fungi, some parasites, venoms and poisons through oxidation, and helps stimulate new cell production through oxygenation. Doctors have reported that ozonated oil speeds the postoperative healing process by improving blood flow, reducing inflammation, preventing infection and reducing pain.
Ozonated olive oil has been used for over 100 years to help treat the following:
Acne Athlete’s Foot Bacterial Infections Bed Sores Blackheads Bruises Carbuncles Cold Sores Cuts and Wounds Dandruff Dermatitis Eczema Diaper Rash Fungal Infections Impetigo Insect Bites Fistulae Gingivitis Herpes Simplex Hemorrhoids Leg Ulcers Shingles Sunburn Ringworm Psoriasis Wrinkles Age Spots Spider Bites Burns And more… Ozonated Jojoba Oil is less common but rising in popularity. We decided to produce it because one of our customers enlightened us to the amazing anti-aging qualities of the oil. Jojoba’s chemical makeup is very close to human sebum, making it very desirable as a skin cream. It becomes a creamy gel when ozonated, and we’re using it here for anti-aging, beauty and dry skin and we absolutely love it.
Ozonated Sunflower Oils have also become a lot more popular recently because of availability and cost. It is like a thick, viscous liquid, making it more suitable in situations where a liquid is preferred to a gel. Extensive research is being done on this oil in Russia and Cuba.

https://ted.earthclinic.com/remedies/coconut_oil.html

if god didn't want you to eat them he wouldn't have made them out of meat
;)
I think you mean 'herb'. God walks and talks with 'meaty things'.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC
How about bananas? They grow on trees, too. Is banana oil bad for you, as well?
I have eaten close to a banana a day since I was a toddler and I'm still here. Of course, Murphy may say that that might be why he thinks I'm crazy but that is his problem.

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
I have eaten close to a banana a day since I was a toddler and I'm still here. Of course, Murphy may say that that might be why he thinks I'm crazy but that is his problem.

... way too much banana oil, I would say ...

MHz

Time Out
Mar 16, 2007
Red Deer AB
Really?? I usually base it on them not being liars. You don't listen to good advice because you are a f*cking troll. That about sums it up?

Curious Cdn

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 22, 2015
You can't buy fresh Coconut where you live none of us can in this country-just dried.

I can get pretty damned fresh just about anything here, if I'm willing to pay for it. There is a diaspora for everyone in this part of the country and they fly in everything that one can sneak past Border Services.

Last edited:

darkbeaver

the universe is electric
Jan 26, 2006
RR1 Distopia 666 Discordia
The American Heart Association steals most of the charitable offerings and has not ever once prevented a heart attack nor introduced any sort of meaningful work in prevention but they have helped bigpharma steal billions from stupid desperate sick people.