Global Warming: still the ‘Greatest Scam in History’

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
This thread has run its useful course. No one knows what the real story is. We can only assume the human animal has some bearing on it but no one has a clue as to how much.

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
Warming trend and Ice melts been happening for thousands of years, it is not a current trend just a new way for the New World Order (UN) to redistribute money to the third world :)

7 Lost Underwater Cities of the Ancient World

Many of those have little to do with rising sea levels. Try sinking land levels instead. And many of the rest are simply pseudo-history or in the case of the one in China it is at the bottom of a reservoir created by a dam.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
Many of those have little to do with rising sea levels. Try sinking land levels instead. And many of the rest are simply pseudo-history or in the case of the one in China it is at the bottom of a reservoir created by a dam.

Many years ago there was a theory floating around (long since debunked I think) that the great flood (at the time of Noah) was caused by Atlantis sinking.

Wake

Electoral Member
Feb 17, 2017
This thread has run its useful course. No one knows what the real story is. We can only assume the human animal has some bearing on it but no one has a clue as to how much.
I don't know where you're coming from: virtually the entire science community knows that there is no such thing a man-made global warming. The people that profess the opposite are those who have been getting paid to do so. Not ONE single model of the AGW "effect" has ever been close. Not even in the ball-park. And those who have been neutral are all now beginning to see that it was all a ruse for a political end.

From NOAA: http://www.noaanews.noaa.gov/stories2015/images/no slow down in global warming.jpg

This source used ground based temperatures in areas that had large and rapid urban growth. They did not correct for this growth.

If you look at the temperatures derived from satellite data you get: http://www.drroyspencer.com/wp-content/uploads/UAH_LT_1979_thru_March_2017_v6.jpg

Dr. Spencer has so outraged the True Believers that they have attacked his offices and put gunshots through his front windows in an attempt to shut him up. This is a demonstration that science is of no value to the "environmentalists" - only their own need to believe that the end-times are near and it's all because of someone else - preferably "Big Oil" or "Fossil Fuel people"

These mindless fools do not for one second know that if you REGULATE energy that these oil or fossil fuel companies could write their own ticket. That its only through competition that energy prices are as cheap as they are. But a fool and his boy lover aren't all that smart.

Bar Sinister

Executive Branch Member
Jan 17, 2010
Edmonton
sinking land?....try doing some science doood!
cause you aren't
:)
or can't

My god you are ignorant. Earthquakes have sunk a number of coastal areas. Or did you actually think that land only rises? Learn some basic geography and geology.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subsidence

What I find really amusing is that you actually thought you had scored a point with your ignorant post.

Wake

Electoral Member
Feb 17, 2017
The global warming is there... but on the other hand it may have politically been exploited by the US, to exert pressure on other industrial countries, so as to gain some economic and other advantages.

No, Obama was exploiting it to turn this country into a Marxist communism. That's because it has worked so well everywhere it has been tried.

Of course you'd have to ask yourself - why was the first executive order he signed the total sealing of any and all of his personal records? And then you'd have to ask how his classmates said that he was a foreign student there on a foreign visa. And then you'd have to ask why Columbia and Harvard have completely kept this a secret - there wasn't a single solitary leak from those schools. I suppose Marxism is the preferred method of government even from the most expensive schools in this country.

My god you are ignorant. Earthquakes have sunk a number of coastal areas. Or did you actually think that land only rises? Learn some basic geography and geology.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Subsidence

What I find really amusing is that you actually thought you had scored a point with your ignorant post.

What are you trying to say? This is a conversation about global warming and not about tectonic activity or groundwater related subsidence.

And these are only over very small areas. Is your mind running in circles or something? I'm seeing a lot of this from the True Believers as more and more evidence is piling up so rapidly that they are facing the total end of their religion.

JLM

Hall of Fame Member
Nov 27, 2008
Vernon, B.C.
I don't know where you're coming from: virtually the entire science community knows that there is no such thing a man-made global warming. .

I'm not really coming from anywhere, as I have no idea as to how much of what we hear is correct..............as far as I'm concerned there could be a scintilla of truth or it could be total bull sh*t. I wouldn't hazard a guess either way. What I would be willing to do as an individual with my own limits, is to be a little more conservative (leave a little smaller footprint) to improve the environment on the slim chance it might also reduce "polar" warming.

Cliffy

Standing Member
Nov 19, 2008
Nakusp, BC

Danbones

Hall of Fame Member
Sep 23, 2015
Perfect example of fake global warming news...^
( certainly biased to the point of being fake )

"Record Cold and Record Warmth Divided the Nation in Mid-March (Mar 16 2017)

...This was due to the configuration of the jet stream. A southward dip in the jet stream, or upper-level trough, developed over parts of the East..."
https://weather.com/forecast/national/news/arctic-cold-northeast-midwest-warm-southwest-early-march

...and Hitlary may win