Multiple dead after shooting at Quebec City mosque

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Dont use twitter...

I should have re worded it. But usually they say stuff like "police are searching for the 2nd suspect, second suspect still at large" but not here even after it was reported originally that two people shot the place up.

The CBC hasnt corrected the article yet by saying the CBC was wrong about there originally being two gunmen

Last night they were saying 3 gunmen.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
Not sure about that. I'll take the risk and wonder out loud. No doubt Turdoe's preference for Muddled East folk over Canadians suffering ill fortune is an avenue from which pissoffedness tends to grow. Quebec has made it fashionable among back scrapers to hate anyone who isn't Quebequois. Trump's made it fashionable among the bone-headed to hate anyone who isn't rich white and American. What's next?

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Not sure about that. I'll take the risk and wonder out loud. No doubt Turdoe's preference for Muddled East folk over Canadians suffering ill fortune is an avenue from which pissoffedness tends to grow. Quebec has made it fashionable among back scrapers to hate anyone who isn't Quebequois. Trump's made it fashionable among the bone-headed to hate anyone who isn't rich white and American. What's next?

This is a Quebec/Canada problem, not a Trump problem.

With mucho respect...don't give me that babe in the woods routine.

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
Long way from being a babe ... or naive

I know Wolf. But this is not a new issue in the province. Way too easy, and irresponsible IMO, to lay the doorstep of the White House. That's even if the motive was a Franco Canadian issue.

lone wolf

Grossly Underrated
Nov 25, 2006
In the bush near Sudbury
If I was laying it on any doorstep, I'd have knocked on that door first.

There are people up here who are Americanized by their TV - and Trump's rants are a fixture lately. It probably isn't his intention, and Gawd knows Trump isn't all that solid in the thinking department - and maybe he just doesn't give a damn. Irresponsible? There it is in a nutshell

EagleSmack

Hall of Fame Member
Feb 16, 2005
USA
If I was laying it on any doorstep, I'd have knocked on that door first. There are people up here who are Americanized by their TV - and Trump's rants are a fixture lately. It probably isn't his intention, and Gawd knows Trump isn't all that solid in the thinking department - and maybe he just doesn't give a damn. Irresponsible? There it is in a nitshell

Again... if this was the motive... it was not because of Americanization. It was Franco Canadian to the core.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
If I was laying it on any doorstep, I'd have knocked on that door first. There are people up here who are Americanized by their TV - and Trump's rants are a fixture lately. It probably isn't his intention, and Gawd knows Trump isn't all that solid in the thinking department - and maybe he just doesn't give a damn. Irresponsible? There it is in a nitshell

Personally, I like a lot more information before I lay this heinous crime on anyone's doorstep.

IdRatherBeSkiing

Satelitte Radio Addict
May 28, 2007
Toronto, ON
Trump didn't make anybody do anything. While some of his policies are a tad controversial, he can't be blamed for a nutbar killing anybody particularly in another country.

TenPenny

Hall of Fame Member
Jun 9, 2004
Location, Location
Quebec has always been a center for terrorism, kidnapping, and political execution.

After all, the French arm of the CBC hired many ex-FLQ wackos, so there you go.

And don't forget, in 1949 or so, a Quebecker blew up a DC3 with a timed bomb, in order to kill his wife. Killed 22 other people, too.

Mowich

Hall of Fame Member
Dec 25, 2005
Eagle Creek
Me too. Hence the IF. Denial and mule-headed just makes the question bigger....

Alexandre Bissonnette: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

...isn't it funny how the attitude changed when facts that countered the guesses were revealed?

A former CSIS terrorism agent disagrees with Trudeau jumping to conclusions by calling the killings a terrorist act. Without knowing the motivation behind the shootings, he said, this is better referred to as a mass killing.

I pray for the recovery of those still in hospital and for all the families who have been touched by this tragedy. Know that you are not alone.